Torres strike partner? Liverpool, 1st season

Status
Not open for further replies.

pompeylad490

Reaction score
After 20 games, I have 37 points and currently sit quite comfortably in 3rd (the team above me though have 53 and 49 points respectively!)
Just like in real life, my only real source of goals are from Torres and Gerrard. I'm looking for a striker to partner Torres and hopefully provide some goals to consolidate that top 4 position this season to a view of challenging for the title next.
Money is a bit of an issue though! i have about £4.5m to spend, which may rise dependent on window activity, but still I won't have loads to play with!
I'm currently trying to negotiate with Bordeaux for Chamakh (p/e plus £4.1m and incentives), have enquired about Kramaric, a young Croat with Dinamo but also tempted to try and gain the services of Guiza, the Spanish striker.

Any suggestions!?

you could try and loan david souza, he isnt brilliant but he scores goals. i have him on an everton season i have going and he had scored 14 in 23 which is not bad.

if you get abit of money in the transfer window, go for Vagner love, he is immense

---------- Post added at 01:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:04 PM ----------

you could also try and get Iaquinta is he hasnt been signed already, i had him when i was chelsea and he banged in 36 league goals

You wait till Danny comes on. He'll tell you. (6)

maybe try Liedson or Ronaldo(fat) or Van Nistelrooy.
Torres is also best as a Complete Forward.

One my current liverpool game I partner Torres up-front with Robinho. So far he has 15 goals in 17 apps. He requested to be transfer listed and Man City set a price of 9.5m. I sold players to generate some money, and I know you don't have that much, but if you can you should sign Robinho. I know people don't rate him that well but he seems to work well with Gerrard and Torres on my current game.

you could try oscar cardozo im playin with liverpool in second season now, i bought him in forst play him as target man and support. just pay for him in 48 months. i played him with torres in first season and torres thanks to cardozo's assists scored 21 goals in 30 games.

erm.. when i took over at liverpool on a save.. beinitez's most recent signing was Sam Vokes from wolves.. and he had a decent scoring record i think it was 12 goals from 22 games or summin like that.. he probs isnt too expensive either

Van Nistelrooy, he's perfect for a couple of seasons until your finances are sorted.

Cardozo is arround 8.5 mill and hes one of the best strikers in the game tbh, soldado is another option but i think cardozo would work better with torres.

on last years game i had torres up top with Dean Ashton and they dominated the league. each scored 20+

this year i bought bk Djibril Cisse to play up top with El nino

I would highly recommend Ronaldo(Score goals n Gives assist if u play him as a deep lying forward) n liedson(Fast n score goals).

how about edison (maybe ederson) cavani. he is immense, and should go for around 18mil

try van nistelrooy, i bought him for 1.4 in the first season and then i finished second and did the league cup fa cup double and lost to barca in semis of champions league.
we actually do have a good squad, its all about the tactics you employ

what formation do u like to play for liverpool? i always think i shud play one up front, but i get no where?

try,
cardozo
neymar
ashton - not right at the begining of the game though

I say danny's answer would be ngog;),

though only after finishing my liverpool game, ngog and kuyt done brilliant alongside him mate, kuty as a defensive forward done wonders for me:)

tryin gettin gignac in, his stats arnt the best but i had him for newcastle in my 1st season bk in the prem and he got me champions league on his on basically.

You want a big, strong target man really imo.

Really and truly just buy welliton and call it a day

---------- Post added at 10:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:57 PM ----------

do give ngog some games too he is a future star

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back