Torres vs Ronaldo

Who recieved the better half of the deal?

• Total voters

leeumoconnor69

Arsenal 3 - 0 Scum
Reaction score
In the network game we are playing we have began the second season, now many big transfers have occured, but now we feel that the biggest transfer has taken place and we are all not quite sure who got the better deal.

It is certainly one for the argument, so i put it forward to you

The deal:

Fernando Torres <> Cristiano Ronaldo (exchange deal)

in real life it would be liverpool but as it is fm i reckon manchester united.

Liverpool in FM. In real life, both are not received better deal because Benitez maybe cannot handle Ronaldo and Ferguson cannot make Torres as good as Ronaldo, I think. :P

In real life, it would be Manchester United as Benitez and Ronaldo just wouldn't get on and Ferguson wouldn't have a clue how to use Torres correctly tactically but Torres is good enough to shine in most systems if not quite so brightly as he can do...

In FM terms, I'd say it's very, very even and would depend greatly on whether the respective managers have bought players that they are able to motivate correctly and who also fit properly within their tactics. Personally, I'd want Torres as I know exactly how to get the best out of him - he's the best lone ST in the game for my style of play. But I can understand how for a system based on free roles, Ronaldo would be beyond price.

I'd much rather have Fernando
However, you can't deny that Rooney never fails to get 20 a season on FM!

Ronaldo in FM, if u give him tugs training as striker with some tweak, he scores like a madman, but Torres is the best lone striker in FM IMO.

well id like to clear up, liverpool have aguero, and manchester united do NOT have rooney as they sold him, thats what made this deal perfect for both clubs, liverpool have a great up front and needed a winger, united had a great midfield and needed a striker

best player on the game is carlos vela

i started off sunderland then liverpool got new owners and i went to liverpool. I got loads ov new players i won the f.a cup and then won the league. MY next goal is to win the champions league. I wanted carlos vela coz he is only 23 and has the same attibutes as messi and ronaldo. i offerd 50 mil the declined then i went on to offer more. I got up to 100mil and they said no and made me a counter offer and they wanted 235mil. I was shocked and will not take up tht offer coz no player is worth that. I will just stick with mata on the left and marquinos on the right.

well id like to clear up, liverpool have aguero, and manchester united do NOT have rooney as they sold him, thats what made this deal perfect for both clubs, liverpool have a great up front and needed a winger, united had a great midfield and needed a striker

Torres + Aguero would rip shreds out of every defence! You could move Gerrard to the right wing...

And the Mancs could have converted Ronaldo to a centre forward...

clever but hard to decide i've never really had torres for a season on fm so i wudn't reli say but ronaldo has been decent for me

In FM Lverpool. In reallity probably still Liverpool. I'm a big man City fan and i think Ronaldo is a whingey unloyal greasy *****. But he is top class and he brings more to the table than Torres. Torres and David Villa are probably the best strikers around but Ronaldo is a more complete player (provider/scorer) I think Benitez himself would admit he'd swap Torres if he thought it would land him Ronaldo.

Torres + Aguero would rip shreds out of every defence! You could move Gerrard to the right wing...

And the Mancs could have converted Ronaldo to a centre forward...

Except Gerrard plays for me!!!!!

I Think Man Utd Would Be Better Off Both On Fm And Real life tbh ronaldo would not be happy not winning leagues on fm it would be to hard to play ronaldo and torres to there best unless ronaldo was used as a forward.

well so far after 3 games ronaldo is playing right wing and has scored more than torres, :P

^ nearing the end of the season ronaldo has scored more on the right wing than torres has upfront for TOP of the league liverpool :P

hmmm ..i think in fm it depends on the tactics used.....cuz i'm playin wid valencia and have Villa & Torres up front, they r monstersss ....the golden shoe award ended with torres no.1 at 30 goals and villa 27 goals....nd at the same time as another manager i was playin with r. madrid nd bought Ronaldo($138 mill) nd Benzema($60 mill) nd played ronaldo as AMR with Benzema up front..At the end of the season Benzema scored 25 goals and Ronaldo 21 but ronaldo had 17 assists too

Back