Trugg0

Reaction score
Hey,

Try out my Emulation tactic of 1970s Ajax.

Managed to replicate almost everything except position interchange (can only set specific player to change with another, still too rigid)

Test and tell me what you think.

Feel free to edit the tactic and tell me your outcome.

P.S. did this tactic with AC Milan, 2nd Serie A won the Champions League!

I try to Lokomotiv Moscow.
Team Traning?
OI?
Match Preparation?

Team Training?
Set the bar to 2 places below "more match training"
Rotate - week 1 - Ball Control, week 2 - Attacking, week 3 - Fitness( your team will need to be fit because of all the high pressing

OI?
Set to close down the opposition defenders always and hard.. You need that to be the first line of defence and give no time to opposition defenders to pass or move. Don't set your midfielders to tackle anybody hard. Results in a lot of sending off's. Set everyone else to close down always.

Match Preparation?
Rotate Week 1 - Attacking Movement, Week 2 - Teamwork

Individual Training - Train your players to these roles
GK - Sweeper Keeper
FB/WB - Winger
MC - Ball Winning Midfielder
STR/STL - Winger
STC - Deep Lying Forward

For this tactic to work, it is key that you have three very fit and technical midfielders which are capable of defending, creating and scoring. At Milan I used De Jong(MCL) Nocerino(MCC) and Boateng(MCR).

Also, finding a player for the "Cryff" role is hard, I play Balotelli and he has done OK, but he is not exactly what I am looking for. Someone like Jovetic would be a better fit.

Hey. Which shouts are u using ?
I don't tend to use shouts that much, but the ones I use are:

Passing - Pass into Space - This tactic is kind of direct, not like the patient build up you get with Barcelona. the aim is to get the ball to the man moving into space.

Attacking - Run at Defence - To draw defenders out of position

Defensive Distribution - Play out of Defence - Start attack with centre backs

Pressing - Hassle opponents - Use this one always, keep attribute of the tactic.

P.S. I have made some adjustments to the tactic after watching Ajax 1970s European cup finals, which I am currently testing:

I have changed both centre backs to BPD - Stopper
Roam from Position - No
Run from Deep - DCL-Often, DCR-Sometimes
Run with Ball - Both - Often
Through Balls - DCL-Often, DCR-Sometimes
I made these changes because every now and then my CB with the roam form position would step out and the space would be exploited. Happened alot against fast strikers. Switched both to cover and helped, but I want to replicate the tactic as much as possible and watch the original Ajax team, the CB's attack the ball more than drop back.

Also, I now play it wider.

Latest tactic - update

This is the latest tactic.

Works brilliantly, but you must have the players to do it.

This tactic doesn't really work unless your team is full of elite players i.e. potential ability at least 165.

Overall the whole team needs high ratings in workrate, teamwork, creativity and passing.