Bromley29

Reaction score
Hello everyone.

Do you love possession football? Do you love watching wonderful 1 touch passing? Well this could be the tactic for you :)

There is a lot of hype about a particular tactic known as Total Control created by a guy known as Panneton0. However, there are alot of people who cannot seem to find the tactic or are aware of the tactic so i thought i shall post it here along with a version of my own that i have made some small subtle tweaks to.

Again i am not taking credit for the tactic as the original one was already great featuring high possession stats usually around 65-70% and around 600 passes each game minimum.

So here are some screenshots of a season i just finished with a team i created in Portugal (Yes it is an easy league to play in but the football is a joy to watch) Screenshots are from my tweaked version.

My Tweaks
Changed the BWM to Regista (Increased passes by this player alot)
Slowed down the tempo
Shortened passing distance
Changed the F9 to a DLP on Attack duty (seemed to get the striker more goals)
Dropped the defence line by one
Changed mentality to cautious (Helped gain more possession and passes)
Changed IWB to WB
I dont set any OI

If you are having alot of possession but cant seem to break the opposition down, try increasing tempo to shift the ball around quicker dragging opposition players out of position.

Team Stats:
20210307145432_1.jpg

Over 5000 passes from the Regista

20210307145300_1.jpg

Average Possesion over 34 games 69% over 27000 passes.

20210307145240_1.jpg

Link to RDF youtube video showcasing the original tactic >>> TOTAL CONTROL 4-2-3-1! The BEST Possession FM 21 Tactic 😍 | 70% Possession! | Football Manager 2021 - YouTube

NEW VERSION IN TESTING

This is 1 of the two new versions i am trying at the moment. Best used against teams with only 1 striker. May seem strange and that it will be bad in defence but you have control of the ball for 90% of the match regardless. :)

20210309205910_1.jpg

SECOND VERSION

This is my favourite version of the two. Having the libero getting involved in the game just helps get more passes and possesion of the game whilst also maintaining a threat going forwards. I always start the game defensive just to keep the ball for the first 10 minutes to get a hold of the game then i change the mentality when needed.

20210309205905_1.jpg

3CB Screenshots

20210309205808_1.jpg

20210309205757_1.jpg

20210309205745_1.jpg

Positive signs for this version with over 1000 passes each game with the striker getting involved in the goals. I must stress that you need the following attributes to be of a high value for it to be a success and the longer the team trains this way and the more games that you play the better the tactic will come IMO.

- OFF THE BALL
- VISION
- POSITIONING
- TEAMWORK
- PASSING
- DECISIONS
- COMPOSURE
- ANTICIPATION (FOR DEFENDERS)

Massive thankyou to Panneton0 for coming up with the original tactic. I just wanted to try and get it the recognition it deserves.

Thanks Guys ! :)

Attachments

• Total Control (Brommers Tweak) .fmf
    43.8 KB · Views: 409
  • TC NOS.fmf
    44.1 KB · Views: 216
  • TC NOS 3CB.fmf
    44.3 KB · Views: 251
Last edited:
Amazing results mate! I'll try this version myself. Nothing better than the collective mind to bring tactics to the next level ;)

Good job!

Hello everyone.

Do you love possession football? Do you love watching wonderful 1 touch passing? Well this could be the tactic for you :)

There is a lot of hype about a particular tactic known as Total Control created by a guy known as Panneton0. However, there are alot of people who cannot seem to find the tactic or are aware of the tactic so i thought i shall post it here along with a version of my own that i have made some small subtle tweaks to.

Again i am not taking credit for the tactic as the original one was already great featuring high possession stats usually around 65-70% and around 600 passes each game minimum.

So here are some screenshots of a season i just finished with a team i created in Portugal (Yes it is an easy league to play in but the football is a joy to watch) Screenshots are from my tweaked version.

My Tweaks
Changed the BWM to Regista (Increased passes by this player alot)
Slowed down the tempo
Shortened passing distance
Changed the F9 to a DLP on Attack duty (seemed to get the striker more goals)
Dropped the defence line by one
Changed mentality to cautious (Helped gain more possession and passes)
Changed IWB to WB
I dont set any OI

If you are having alot of possession but cant seem to break the opposition down, try increasing tempo to shift the ball around quicker dragging opposition players out of position.

Team Stats:

View attachment 543895

Over 5000 passes from the Regista

View attachment 543896

Average Possesion over 34 games 69% over 27000 passes.

View attachment 543906

Link to RDF youtube video showcasing the original tactic >>> TOTAL CONTROL 4-2-3-1! The BEST Possession FM 21 Tactic 😍 | 70% Possession! | Football Manager 2021 - YouTube

Massive thankyou to Panneton0 for coming up with the original tactic. I just wanted to try and get it the recognition it deserves.

Thanks Guys ! :)
I tried this tactic, I got curious given the current trends of the 4132 formation .... control the ball - yes, we do it, but it is very washable. we always conceding at the end of the match, taking into account that this is usually the 1st or 2nd shot in the match for the opponent. I saw your second tweak, can u actually upload it? I wanna try it. playing with lazio. and yeah, can you show your results and table?

I tried this tactic, I got curious given the current trends of the 4132 formation .... control the ball - yes, we do it, but it is very washable. we always conceding at the end of the match, taking into account that this is usually the 1st or 2nd shot in the match for the opponent. I saw your second tweak, can u actually upload it? I wanna try it. playing with lazio. and yeah, can you show your results and table?

I am currently on with testing it again in a new season only played the first 3 games , 5-0 in a freindly, 3-0 and 3-1 wins but yeah i will update the top of the forum with the new variants shortly. unfortunately even when you prevent the AI from having chances theres always the chance of bieng "FM'd" and the computer tries to get one over on you haha. I will be uploading 2 versions, One with 1CB and two IWB (best used against teams playing with 1 striker and a 3CB version with a libero (best used against teams with more than one striker uptop.

Thank you for the tactic. In the pictures it looks like you are using Libero, but when I download the tactic it appears as the center defensive cover.
Finally, are you raising the mindset directly or gradually?
1111111111.png

Thank you for the tactic. In the pictures it looks like you are using Libero, but when I download the tactic it appears as the center defensive cover.
Finally, are you raising the mindset directly or gradually?View attachment 544296

Ahhh thats strange, its definately meant to be a Lierbo mate haha, i usually go to cautious for a little bit and then go up to positive. If im not winning by the 60th minute i go to attacking and sometimes up the tempo. :)

You can allways change the LCB and RCB to stay wider and play with a traditional 3CB if you dont have anybody suitable for the libero role.

This looks like a great tactic an plays football exactly like I love, would love to give it a go but I don’t currently have access to a laptop or pc so can’t download the tactic, an play currently on FM 2021 touch on iPad so could you please share the player instructions for this tactic so I can try it ☺️