Total Football - A Joint Ajax Story from dani3w and eddybw

eddybw

Reaction score

Skysportslogo.png

MARTIN JOL WALKS FROM AJAX

Jol200-1.png

It has been announced today that ahead of the 2010/11 season that Ajax Boss Martin Jol has walked away from the club.

Today Ajax fans were left shocked after Martin Jol walked away from the club after a successful season that saw the club come within 1 point of Steve McLaren's FC Twente last season after only losing 3 games and scoring an incredible 106 goals. It is widely believed that the reason for Jol's departure was due to the sale of star striker Luis Suarez to Liverpool and not buying suitable replacement.

Speculation is rife as to who will be taking up the Ajax seat with the club actively searching for a potential candidate. With the club competing in the Champions League, there is no doubt going to be a large number of candidates who will be applying for the job and Chairman Uri Coronel has said "Everyone at the club would like to thank Martin for his services to the club and that we are actively searching for a suitable replacement, it is imperative that we appoint the right person as success is ingrained into this club and we want an appointment that is going to inspire the fans to believe that anything can be achieve."

992.png

Next Update: New appointments

28228.png

The Search For The New Man Begins!

ajax_logo.jpg

Following the walk of Martin Jol just weeks before the start of the new Eridvisa season, Ajax were in search for a new manager and it's one they couldn't waste time on! They immediately draw up a shortlist of potential names to take over the club and do the best they can! The next man had to be inspiring, had to be confident and had to be great with the fans and players. Ajax had just a few days to get their new man before their pre season begins!

linebreak.png

We Have Our New Man!

Ajax chairman Uri Coronel has today announced to the press and fans waiting outside the stand that he has picked his new man for the job from the hundreds of entries! There has been growing speculation of the right man around Ajax since Yesterday and now the fans are eager to see who is going to take the club forward. In a brief statement Uri Coronel had this to say:

'It was obviously a shock to see Martin Jol walk away from the job and its been hard for myself and the fans to take this information in. Obviously now the new man at the helm will feel alot of pressure to succeed but I'm sure he will be up for it! He was once a man at this club and vows to give everything back to Ajax!'

linebreak.png

Edgar Davids Signs For Ajax . . . Again

edgar-davids.jpg

Sensationally Edgar Davids has today rejoined Ajax this time as manager though! Ajax wasnted a man that had experience at the club and saw a bigger picture for them. Edgar played for Ajax for four years between 1992 and 1996 notching up a total of 106 appearances and 20 goals! He returned to Ajax eleven years later (2007-2008) just for a season where he only made 30 appearances and scored just the one goal. The early fans thoughts are happy that he has joined the club and reckon that he could be the man to take the club forward. With his experience of general football at this high standard and his knowledge of Ajax, they reckon he can perform the miracles they need. In a brief statement Davids has said:

'I am delighted to be back at Ajax and this time in charge, Ajax gave me al lot of support and gave me everything I needed to become the footballer I was, now I look to pay back the respect and make Ajax the world leading team. As long as the board and fans believe in me as well as my squad, we can go far!'

ajax_logo.jpg

Next Update: Pre Season Results, Transfers And Kit Release

Great starts both of you! :)

And Dan, nice one with Edgar as manager! :) Don't really know much about the Dutch league so will be following.

Great starts both of you! :)

And Dan, nice one with Edgar as manager! :) Don't really know much about the Dutch league so will be following.

Thanks bud :) good to have an early follower! :D Edgar is a true god! and the picture was such a lucky find :) thanks for following bud :D

992.png

Shock appointment at Amsterdam ArenA

28228.png

After hours of speculation about who would be the man to lead Ajax forward we finally have some news to bring you. The news coming out of Ajax is that Chairman Uri Coronel has announced that ex club legend Clarence Seedorf is going to be the man to lead Ajax forward. The appointment might indeed surprise many fans and pundits across the country after Martin Jol has been replaced by someone who has no experience at management level but has a wealth of experience playing in 3 different countries for 5 different clubs making 709 appearances and scoring 103 goals, as well as representing Holland on 87 times scoring 11 goals.

b0a251d65c52bac19038fc1e0754-grande.jpg

Clarence Seedorf enjoyed a 3 year spell with Ajax making 81 appearances scoring 11 goals

Since the appointment at the Amsterdam ArenA there has been mixed reaction from the Ajax faithful, with many people questioning the 34 year old Dutchman's credentials to lead a club with the stature and history of Ajax forward and improve on what Martin Jol achieved last season.

Since leaving Ajax early in his career where he had already lifted the Champions League in 1995 he has gone on to lift the trophy on three more occasions once with Real Madrid in 1998, and twice with A.C Milan in 2003, and 2007 and has stated that his ambition is to drive Ajax to reach the heights that the club once reached.

linebreak-1.png

992-2.png
Ajax Statement

"I have complete belief in Clarence and know that he will give everything to the club, he brought great success here during his playing career and as a supporter of the club I would love to see the club reach those heights once again. I firmly believe that we have the right man. Although many people will say that Clarence hasn't got any managerial experience but I feel with all the football he has experienced in different countries he will be able to make a seamless switch and be able to bring success to this great club. Ajax is a club that should be competing for top honours and I have spoken with Clarence regarding the targets for the season and we both believe that these are going to be achievable."

linebreak-1.png

Last edited:
Ajax Unbeaten In Pre Season Friendlies

28228.png

Since Martin Jol's departure from Ajax, there has been many changes happening all around the club. New manager Edgar Davids got to work instantly as he released 19 members from his back room staff as he felt it was over populated. He did bring in 5 new scouts to offer a wider range of search. Top names such as Cristian Veiri and Marcel Desailly have joined Edgar Davids scouting team! Edgar Davids also felt the need to release players from the first team and made 5 transfers out of the club and to date just one new signing. He also saw his Ajax side play just 3 friendlies before the Dutch Super Cup.
linebreak-1.png

ajax_logo.jpg

Ajax 4 - 0 Ajax 2
Alderweireld (3) Tainio (8) Cvtanich (19, 30)
linebreak-1.png

ajax_logo.jpg

Mally 0 - 5 Ajax
De Jong (17) Bouy (20, 25) Eriksen (33) Oleguer (70)
linebreak-1.png

Sold
24607.jpg

Name: Vurnon Anita
Nationality: Dutch
Position: Left Back
New Club: Sunderland
Price Tag: £6Million
linebreak-1.png

Sold
2282.jpg

Name: Rasmus Lindgren
Position: Central Midfield
New Club: Liverpool
Price Tag: £7.75Million
linebreak-1.png

ajax_logo.jpg

Ajax 4 - 0 Ajax Ct
De Zeeuw (39) Bartels (60) Sulejmani (66, Pen.76)

Sold
20321.jpg

Name: Siem De Jong
Position: Attacking Central Midfield
New Club: Heereveen
Price Tag: £9Million
linebreak-1.png

Sold
59068.jpg

Name: Jeroen Verhoeven
Position: Goal Keeper
New Club: Aston Villa
Price Tag: £825K
linebreak-1.png

Sold
54325.jpg

Name: Timothee Atouba
Nationality: Cameroonian
New Club: Malaga
Price Tag: £675K
linebreak-1.png

New Signing
RazvanRat.jpg

Name: Razvan Rat
Nationality: Romanian
Former Club: Shakhtar
Price Tag: £2.3Million
linebreak-1.png

Edgar Davids' On Pre Season!
davids2-150x150.jpg

'Obviously I was delighted to be hired here at Ajax and with having the chance to return for one last shot is phenominal! I couldn't of been hired at a better team and now I have began my managerial career and I know alot of staff and players have left but I recouped the staff and reduced the wage bill, Razvan Rat will be a key feature of the team and I aim to have a couple more players in before the first League game! Pre season on a whole has gone to plan as we haven't conceded but scored a mighty 13 goals in just 3 games!

ajax_logo.jpg

Next Update: Dutch Super Cup

Last edited:

New Signing
RazvanRat.jpg

Name: Razvan Rat
Nationality: Romanian
Former Club: Shakhtar
Price Tag: £2.3Million
linebreak-1.png

Edgar Davids' On Pre Season!
davids2-150x150.jpg

'Obviously I was delighted to be hired here at Ajax and with having the chance to return for one last shot is phenominal! I couldn't of been hired at a better team and now I have began my managerial career and I know alot of staff and players have left but I recouped the staff and reduced the wage bill, Razvan Rat will be a key feature of the team and I aim to have a couple more players in before the first League game! Pre season on a whole has gone to plan as we haven't conceded but scored a mighty 13 goals in just 3 games!

Great Signings mate

Squad Revolution at Ajax

28228.png

With new manager Clarence Seedorf in charge at Ajax he certainly hasn't waited to put his own stamp on the squad seeing an incredible 24 comings and goings at the Amsterdam ArenA. New boss Clarence Seedorf had a clear vision of where he wanted to see the club and the style of football that he wanted to see recreated. The first job was to assess the back room staff, where he looked to his links with England and managed to bring in the likes of Richard Hill as assistant manager, Peter Shilton as one of the goalkeeping coaches as well as appointing a new head scout Tord Grip.

With the back room staff sorted it was time for Clarence to turn his attentions to the playing staff. Ajax already had players who were held in high regard around Europe with top clubs looking at the likes of Gregory van der Wiel having his head turned by German Giants Bayern Munich, and star centre back Jan Vertonghen also was approached by Bayern Munich, and it was the job of new boss Clarence Seedorf to sit down and explain the ambitions of the club and promise that there would be progression. With two players futures secured for now, it was time to turn the focus to the departures.

linebreak.png

Transfers Out: (15)

992-1.png

Goalkeepers: (1)

1954203164_1999999496_Portret_J_Verhoeven.jpg

Name: Jeroen Verhoeven
Position: Goalkeeper
New Club: Free Transfer
Price Tag: Released

Defenders: (4)

54325.jpg

Name: Timothee Atouba
Nationality: Cameroon
Position: Defender Left
New Club: Paris Saint-Germain
Price Tag: £1,000,000

1689071761_1999999637_B_Silva.jpg

Name: Bruno Silva
Nationality: Uruguay
Position: Defender Right
New Club: FC Twente
Price Tag: £1,500,000

1842515575_1999999476_Oleguer.jpg

Name: Oleguer
Nationality: Spannish
Position: Defender Centre
New Club: Olympique Marseille
Price Tag: £725,000

1843256614_1999999476_V_Anita.jpg

Name: Vurnon Anita
Position: Defender Left
New Club: Benfica
Price Tag: £6,750,000

Midfielders: (7)

1953776406_1999999496_Portret_F_Jozefzoon.jpg

Name: Florian Jozefzoon
Position: Attacking Midfield Right
New Club: Arsenal
Price Tag: £2,300,000

1842796940_1999999476_R_Lindgren.jpg

Name: Rasmus Lindgren
Position: Midfielder Centre
New Club: Everton

1842704076_1999999476_D_de_Zeeuw.jpg

Name: Demy de Zeeuw
Nationality: 27 Years Old
Position: Defensive Midfield
New Club: Newcastle
Price Tag: £6,000,000

1953700483_1999999496_Portret_R_Sneijder.jpg

Name: Rodney Sneijder
Position: Midfielder Left
New Club: Bolton

1953888300_1999999496_Portret_Enoh.jpg

Name: Eyong Enoh
Nationality: Cameroon
Position: Defensive Midfield
New Club: LOSC Lille

1841940133_1999999476_A_Ozbiliz.jpg

Name: Aras Ozbiliz
Position: Attacking Midfield Left
New Club: Hull City
Price Tag: £1,600,000

1954421450_1999999496_Portret_L_Ebecilio.jpg

Name: Lorenzo Ebecillo
Position: Attacking Midfield Right
New Club: Wigan
Price Tag: £1,600,000

Attackers (3)

1954586552_1999999496_Portret_El_Hamdaoui_150.jpg

Name: Mounir El Hamadaoui
Nationality: Moroccan
Position: Striker
New Club: Valencia
Price Tag: Loan Fee £200,000

1689524146_1999999637_D_Cvitanich.jpg

Name: Dario Cvitanich
Nationality: Argentinian
New Club: Sporting CP
Price Tag: Loan Fee £160,000

1843175855_1999999476_M_Sulejmani.jpg

Name: Miralem Sulejmani
Nationality: Serbian
New Club: FC Lorient
Price Tag: £3,000,000

Total Inflow of Transfers: £40,000,000

linebreak.png

Clarence on Transfers Out
1537196_w2-1.jpg

"Well I think many fans will be surprised with the number of departures from the club but I feel that it is important for us to be able to progress as a club into the future that. Some of the players I would have liked to stay, but this is Ajax, and we are one of the most successful clubs in Europe and I hope to propel us back to those levels. I feel that with the money that we have gained from the sales, will allow us to improve and step up to a new level in both Domestic and European competition."

linebreak.png

Transfers In: (9)

992-1.png

Defenders: (2)

42638.jpg

Name: Peter Masilela
Nationality: South African
Former Club: M. Maifa
Price Tag: £180,000

LuizCarlos.png

Name: Luiz Carlos
Nationality: Brazilian
Position: Defender Centre
Former Club: Athletico Mineiro
Price Tag: £250,000

Midfielders: (4)

images.jpg

Name: Leandro Augusto
Nationality: Mexican
Position: Defensive Midfielder
Former Club: Pumas
Price Tag: £750,000

317539.png

Name: Radosav Petrovic
Nationality: Serbian
Former Club: Partizan
Price Tag: £3,500,000

adam-vass.jpg

Name: Adam Vass
Nationality: Hungarian
Former Club: Brescia
Price Tag: £2,000,000

Santos_Ganso.jpg

Name: Paolo 'Ganso' Henrique
Position: Attacking Midfielder Centre
Former Club: Santos
Price Tag: £10,000,000

Attackers: (3)

7572-b.jpg

Name: Boakye
Nationality: Ghanaian
Former Club: Genoa

victorhugo_santos_gcom_95.jpg

Name: Victor Hugo
Former Club: Santa Cruz
Price Tag: £130,000

Romelu-Lukaku-1.jpg

Name: Romelu Lukaku
Nationality: Belgian
Former Club: Anderlecht
Price Tag: £5,500,000

Total Cost of Players: £24,000,000

linebreak.png

Clarence on Transfers In
1537196_w2-1.jpg

"I am delighted with the signings that have been made, I feel that the squad has improved in many area's and I hope that this will give us the ability to perform in the Champions League and the Eredivisie. We look forward to facing FC Twente in the Dutch Super Cup where we will have an opportunity to see the players performing on a bigger stage."

linebreak.png

Ajax experience mixed Pre-Season

992.png

Results

Ajax 1 - 1 Shaktar : Lodeiro
Ajax 2 - 0 Lugano : Klassen, Boere
Le Mont LS 0 - 1 Ajax : Bonevacia
SCR Altach 3 - 3 Ajax : Lodeiro (2), Sulejmani
Kriens 0 - 2 Ajax : Suk, Boakye
Ajax CT 0 - 1 Ajax : de Jong

With mixed pre-season results Ajax boss Clarence Seedorf will no doubt be looking to reflect on the results and look at what ways the chances can be implemented in a bid to bring success to their club, with the season kicking off against FC Twente in the Dutch Super Cup on the 24th July.

"On reflection I feel that the pre-season all be it not 100% successful has given me an insight into the way that I feel the club should be playing ahead of the season and the rought starting 11 that will be playing against FC Twente."

Great start here mate but how the **** you get Paulo Henrique for £10Million. Usually you cant get him for less then £20Million i have seen

Just offered straight away with 50% of future profit and arrange friendly bam accepted :)

28228.png

Ajax Prepared For Johan Cruijff Shield Showdown!

Edgar Davids had finished his preparation and his time was up now as his season was about to kick into life! His dream had became a reality and now he was the manager that was going to lead his Ajax side out the tunnel for the johan cruijff Shield Final. With just one new face and five people leaving, the pressure was on to see if Davids had done enough to secure his first trophy of the season.
arena.jpg

*Stadium: Final was held here at the Amsterdam ArenA*
linebreak.png

How They Lined Up
aEHtp.jpg
gyMxD.jpg

linebreak.png

28228.png

Ajax Cruise Through Johan Cruijff Shield Final
wpid-Ajax-vs-Twente.jpg

Ajax 3 - 0 FC Twente
Cvitanich (40) Sulejmani (Pen.53) El Hamdaoui (64)
Ajax cruised to a three nil victory over rivals FC Twente in the Johan Cruijff shield this evening which gave Edgar Davids the perfect dream start to his management! It was his first competitive game in charge of Ajax and he was prepared.

The first half started slow as both teams seemed to be curious of one another with very few attacking opportunities! FC Twente were the first to really challenge the keeper when and saw his side take the lead just 5minutes before half time when De Jong hit a swerving shot from outside the box which Stekelenburg was more than equal too. But things turned round for Ajax when Cvitanchi found the net from 8yards out on the stroke of the 40th minute! This gave Ajax some breathing space at half time.
images

*Cvitanich scores 5minutes before half time*
Ajax came out pumped the second half and within 8minutes of the restart Rodney Sneijder was brought down in the area and Sulejmani tucked away the spot kick. After this FC Twente failed to provide anything to their front men as Ajax carried on dominating. Ajax were cruising and continued to pile pressure on as they grabbed a third foal as El Hamdaoui scored from 12yards out. FC Twente did have a corner in the 79th minute which hit the bar from the resulting header and then caught by Stekelenburg to clear the danger and Ajax saw out this victory! They had one the first bit of silverware this season!
79030698.jpg

linebreak.png

Davids On Early Cup Success
davids2-150x150.jpg

'Everyone knows how important it is to show your rivals how strong you are before the season starts and I think today we have certainly pulled that off! We were excellent all over the pitch as we created a number of chances and could of scored more. Not one player played badly today and i was fascinated with the effort everyone put in. I'm still not finished in the transfer window and am hoping to nail a couple more signings before the champions league game.
linebreak.png

28228.png

New Signing
Marouane-Fellaini-Everton-Pre-Season-PA_2355347.jpg

Name:Maroune Fellaini
Nationality: Belgium
Position: Central Midfielder
Former Club: Everton
Price Tag:7.5Million
linebreak.png

New Signing
images

Name:Landon Donovan
Nationality: American
Position: Attacking Midfielder/Striker
Former Club: LA Galaxy
Price Tag: £6.5Million
linebreak.png

davids2-150x150.jpg

'Obviously I'm pleased with the addition of these two stars! They have both recently hit their top form and now I can't wait for them to fit into the squad and make Ajax fans proud! I'm sure they are up to the test and are definitely going to feature in my first team plans! This is just a word of warning to our rivals! We mean Business!'

Last edited:

Ajax prepare for Johan Cruijff Shield Challenge

linebreak.png

120861-1.png

linebreak.png

992.png
1009-1.png

AJAX VS FC TWENTE

linebreak.png

AjaxLineup.png
TwenteLineup.png

linebreak.png

Before the domestic league campaign kicks off it's time for Dutch sports fans to turn their attention to the Johan Cruijff Shield match that is taking place at the Amsterdam ArenA. With Steve McClaren leading FC Twente in the summer it's going to be the job of new boss Michel Preud'homme attempt the challenge of once again beating Ajax to the Eredivisie title. Ahead of the match Michel has hit out at new Ajax boss Clarence Seedorf after the Dutch legend undertook 24 transfers both in and out of the Amsterdam club.

Clarence Seedorf has responded by naming a squad that contains 5 debutants that will all have the opportunity to represent Ajax for the first time in their career and will be hoping to have a positive impact. Romelu Lukaku starts up front after joining from Anderlecht for a fee of £5.5M and will be hoping to have an instant impact at the Amsterdam ArenA in front of over 50,000 fans. There is no doubt that fans of both clubs will be hoping that they can start the season positively and put one over the opposition.

linebreak.png

Clarence on FC Twente

seedorf_clarence7.jpg

"Well, FC Twente are a top team, they performed extremely well last season managing to finish just above Ajax. But this is going to be our season and our opportunity to show what we can do, I look forward to seeing all of the new signings in action in front of our fans today, Ganso has looked wonderful in training and to secure such a quality player for such a low fee is fantastic and I hope that these signings can prove the difference in reaching a new level of performance this season.

I have gone with a narrow 4 - 2 - 3 - 1 formation because I believe that it allows for extremely fluid football, which is what I will be encouraging, we are playing with 3 attacking midfielders and in Lodeiro, Ganso and Eriksen we have three players that would grave any team in the world. With the team playing with a different formation last season it may take some time for the players to get used to it, but I feel that once they do we will reap the benefits."

linebreak.png

28228.png

Ajax need extra time goal to overcome 10 man FC Twente

992.png

120861.png

Johan Cruijff Shield Match
Ajax
992-2.png
2 - 1
1009.png
FC Twente

Andre Ooijer (56), Christian Eriksen (113) - Razak Omotoyossi (72)
Peter Wisgerhof sent off (75)

In a match that had been billed as a close encounter today certainly ended up being one, despite near total domination from the Amsterdam club. Having the lions share of possession and creating large amounts of chances, on another day it could have been 4 or 5 to Ajax but as it turned out it needed a late goal from Danish wonderkid Christian Eriksen to secure the win. The match started in flying fashion with Ajax creating an opportunity that saw that man Eriksen firing a shot narrowly wide from close range.

It looked like 20 year-old Ganso would be the man to break the deadlock in the 14th minute after some wonderful work from the Danish star Christian Eriksen who worked the ball well down the right flank before pulling the ball back for Ganso to fire straight into an FC Twente defender. The next opportunity once again came to Ajax but this time it was from a set piece with cultured midfielder Leandro Augusto showing his quality putting a wonderful ball to the far post for Andre Ooijer to fire a powerful header narrowly wide.

Archief_Voetbal_N_T_auto_auto_c651_c370_od41_q95_OoijerAjax651.jpg

Andre Ooijer was delighted to score his first Ajax goal

The deadlock was eventually broken early in the second half and was courtesy of a fantastic set piece from that man Leandro Augusto who put a wonderful ball to the far post for Andre Ooijer to slide in a neat finish. With Ajax then looking like they were going to run away to victory a loss of concentration at the back saw Omotoyossi score to bring the scoreline level. This did not change the tied of the game however, with Ajax continually pushing men forward and looking to get another goal, and eventually it took until extra time for that goal to come.

Eventually when that winning goal did come it was to that man Christian Eriksen who started and finished a wonderful counter attacking move. The move started with Eriksen sending over a wonderful long ranged pass for Uruguayan midfielder Lodeiro who in turn drove forward and put a delightful ball to the far post for Christian to power in a powerful volley to secure the victory and lift their first piece of silverware in the 2010-11 season. It was a strong performance and if the Amsterdam side did not concede that cheap second half goal it could have been more comfortable.

ajaxa1psva1_3.jpg

Eriksen is held in high regard by teams from all around Europe

Clarence Seedorf looked delighted with his teams effort that they put in today, and despite conceding a second half equaliser the side bounced back and scored a wonderful goal in extra time. "It was a fantastic team performance today, yes it is early stages and we made it hard for ourselves, but I can only see us going from strength to strength.

"Christian was majestic tonight, he looked fantastic in possession and really looks like he is developing greatly as a player. I believe that with a few more additions this squad is going to become one of the best in Europe and we have the opportunity to show this when we play our Champions League Play off match in the week. Many people may disregard a team like Ajax's chances in a competition like the Champions League, but it is my job to prove those people wrong."

linebreak.png

2 new faces arrive at Amsterdam ArenA

28228.png

With the Johan Cruijff Shield in the trophy cabinet it's straight back to business for Ajax boss Clarence Seedorf has brought in two new faces in an attempt to bolster his squad. With the belief that the squad lacked depth in the attacking midfield part of the squad it is two young Brazilians that have been brought in, in an effort to boost the clubs chances of success this season.

DaksonDaSilva.jpg

Name: Dakson
Former Club: Campo Grande
Price Tag: £40,000

player41913joazinyo_150.jpg

Name: Joaozinho
Former Club: Levski
Price Tag: £500,000

linebreak.png

Clarence Seedorf on Signings and Success

1537196_w2-1.jpg

"I am delighted with these two signings, I feel that they further bolster the squad in preparation for the coming season, and that it will give us the strength to rotate and allow us to compete on all fronts and maintain good levels of success. I am delighted for the club to lift the trophy I feel that it's important to get off to winning ways and feeling that a winning mentality can prove to be key, and we have got that going into the first games of the season."

Donavon and Fellani are both class!
Plus, good signings on Paulo Henrique. £10 million is a bargain for a player of that quality :D

Plus, good signings on Paulo Henrique. £10 million is a bargain for a player of that quality :D

Cheers buddy, I was baffled as to how I signed him, it was going to be him or a spannish bloke called Ander, but managed to get him :D

Yer they should pull a few strings this season for me :)

---------- Post added at 12:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:46 AM ----------

Both winning cups in the first match, well in boys :)

Thanks bud :) im glad we both won :L :)