Total Football - A Joint Ajax Story from dani3w and eddybw

Don't think you should have sold Anita, he became a very versatile back up in my save. Same with El Hamadoui and whoever sold him ;) In my save I won the EURO Cup second year, won the Eredivisie both years, and first year, I scored 101 goals in the Eredivisie. Suarez scored 62 in 49, so try and beat that ;)

Really good story btw, nice neat layouts, lots of detail, keep it going!

Don't think you should have sold Anita, he became a very versatile back up in my save. Same with El Hamadoui and whoever sold him ;) In my save I won the EURO Cup second year, won the Eredivisie both years, and first year, I scored 101 goals in the Eredivisie. Suarez scored 62 in 49, so try and beat that ;)

Really good story btw, nice neat layouts, lots of detail, keep it going!

Ah I've got Masilela instead and he's a solid player, and for 180k its a bargain!!! Yeh we are without players like Suarez though thanks to Liverpool and didn't get any of the cash to spend :D But that's going to be a benchmark, I managed to achieve over 150 goals with Man Utd, in my Giggs story so I'll see what I can do, as well as trying to win the Champions League!!

Great start, and brilliant layout. I've always wanted to manage Ajax, so I'll be following.

1301394-1.png

Ajax waltz to Champions League Best Placed Playoff Match

28228.png

With the opportunity of Ajax being able to play in the Group Stage of the Champions League, Clarence Seedorf made it his teams early season target to put Romanian runners up Unirea Urziceni to the sword and qualify in style. With Ajax considered large outsiders in the race for the Champions League, Clarence Seedorf stated that this was going to be the perfect opportunity to slam down a gauntlet especially with the first leg being played at the Amsterdam ArenA.

1301394.png

UEFA Champions League - Third Qualifying Phase Match 1st Leg
Ajax
992-2.png
5 - 0
7542199.png
Unirea Urziceni

Adrian Badescu own goal (17), Christian Eriksen (19), Romelu Lukaku (31), Jan Vertonghen (41), Ganso (73)

R Lukaku

N Lodeiro - Ganso - C Eriksen

A Vass - L Augusto

P Masilela - J Vertonghen - L Carlos - G van der Wiel

M Stekelenburg (c)

dcb11c15-d5b0-4a69-bc04-a1ee27f0f5a2_1222616509771-ajax-vitesse_vertonghen_3-0_400_gah3036.jpg

Vertonghen was delighted to score his first goal of the season for Ajax

Ajax got their Champions League qualification hopes off to a flyer with a 5 - 0 demolition of Romanian runners-up Unirea Urziceni at the Amsterdam ArenA. The scoring was opened in the 17th minute after a fantastic long ranged effort from Mexican star Leandro August's long ranged effort that rebounded off the bar, and off the back of Urziceni keeper Badescu and was credited as an own goal. Within 2 minutes Ajax's lead was increased to 2 goals courtesy of a fantastic strike from outside of the area from Christian Eriksen who looked delighted to score his first Champions League goal of the season.

The third goal came in the 31st minute from a Leandro Augusto cross that was finished neatly by new Belgian signing Romelu Lukaku who looked delighted to grab his 1st goal in an Ajax shirt. Ajax then poured on the pain just before the half time whistle with Leandro Augusto once again heavily involved with his corner kick falling to Vertonghen who scored a powerful finish from close range. The final goal of the day went to Brazilian wonderkid Ganso who received the ball from Adam Vass on the edge of the area before unleashing a powerful shot from range past the despairing keeper.

1301394.png

UEFA Champions League - Third Qualifying Phase Match 2nd Leg
Unirea Urziceni
7542199.png
0 (0) - (10) 5
992-2.png
Ajax

Ganso (3, 56), Nicolas Lodeiro (44), Boakye (46), Leandro Augusto (60)

Boakye

Ganso - N Lodeiro - C Eriksen

A Vass - L Augusto

P Masilela - J Vertonghen - L Carlos - G van der Wiel

M Stekelenburg (c)

Santos_Ganso-1.jpg

Ganso has already started to pay back the large £10M fee taking his goal tally to 3 in 3

With the match all but run it was expected that Ajax would take a break and rest a few key players ahead of the domestic league kicking off on Sunday. The only first team player that wasn't in the starting line up was Romelu Lukaku who having played an International match for Belgium was forced to sit out due to fatigue. However, him missing didn't seem to effect the Amsterdammers with Brazilian star Ganso opening the scoring in just the 3rd minute courtesy of a run from Christian Eriksen who ran the length of the pitch down the right flank before crossing the ball to the Brazilian to score a well placed finish at the far post.

Ajax went from strength to strength with Lodeiro, Boakye and Ganso grabbed 3 more goals for Ajax taking the aggregate score to an outstanding 9 - 0. However the goal of the game came in the 60th minute Leandro Augusto picked up the ball on the edge of the area before unleashing a pile driver past the despairing Urziceni keeper. He looked absolutely delighted with his effort as he felt aggrieved in the last leg having not been credited with his similar effort. Clarence Seedorf was delighted with his teams performance, after he saw his team comfortably qualify for the Champions League Best Placed Playoff round where Ajax could be facing the likes of Tottenham Hotspur, Sampdoria or Celtic.

linebreak.png

Ajax draw Celtic in Champions League Best placed Playoff

1569.png

Clarence Seedorf's Ajax side will no doubt fancy their chances against Celtic, despite the Scottish League Runners-up overcoming a tough match against Dynamo Kyiv in the Qualifying Round 3. With a few Eredivisie fixtures to turn their focus to before the Champions League match comes round there is no doubt a belief that the Amsterdammers have got every opportunity of qualifying for the Group Stages of the Champions League.

linebreak.png

Another departure from Amsterdam ArenA

1843092702_1999999476_S_de_Jong.jpg

Name: Sim de Jong
Nationality: Dutch
Position: Midfield Centre
New Club: CSKA Moscow
Price Tag: £9,500,000

linebreak.png

28228.png

Ajax Face AA Genk Double Header!

ajax_logo.jpg

After winning the Johan Cruijff Shield Final, Edgar Davids took his side to Belgium as they faced AA Genk in the Champions League Best Placed Third Qualifying Round. Ajax were tipped favorites to win the away leg and were thought to absolutely dominate when they play the home leg a week later. But this was football, and odds never won a football match!
linebreak.png

Ajax Win Easily In Belgium
View attachment 152619
erCQb.jpg

AA Genk 0 - 2 Ajax
Grondin (Og.3) Suk (73)
Edgar Davids saw his side play again without conceding a goal as they took advantage of a poor Genk side! It was important for Ajax to at least score in this away tie as it would give them the upper hand in the away tie.

AA Genk got off to an awful start when they turned the ball into his own net and AA Genk's heads dropped immediately,. Ajax continued to dominate but they couldn't find the net throughout the rest of the first half. However Eriksen hit the post from a 25yard volley in the 43rd minute but that was the closest they came.

Both sides were evenly matched after the second half started, with both teams trying to find the net. AA Genk took 3 consecutive shots as they held the possession for 10minutes and they were denied by bad shooting and great shot stopping by Stekelenburg. Suk came off the bench in the 70th minute. Suk shortly after coming on secured the win for Ajax with a 73rd minuted strike to kill the first leg off.
f8e59f11-1e52-4953-aff7-f551b31149ec_1168810364639-ajax_ct_ajax_babel_score_1401017.jpg

linebreak.png

Sold
Base64Image.aspx

Name: Eyong Enoha
Nationality: Cameroonian
Position: Central Midfielder
New Club: Locomotiv Moscow
Price Tag: £5Million
linebreak.png

New Signing
39169.jpg

Name: Emmanuel Riviere
Nationality: French
Position: Striker
Former Club: AS St Etienne
Price Tag: £7.25Million
linebreak.png

New Signing
Jo-Hamburg-150x150.jpg

Name: Jo
Nationality: Brazilian
Former Club: Manchester City
Price Tag: Loan Fee £220k
linebreak.png

View attachment 152619
RXPtu.jpg

Ajax 5 - 0 AA Genk
Riviere (10) Suler (O.g.17) Cvitanich (29) Vertonghen (45+3, 59)
Ajax held a 2goal away leg as they dominated away from home and now they faced AA Genk again but this time at home at the mighty Amsterdam ArenA! Would Edgar Davids lead his team to the next qualifying round?

New signing Riviere got his transfer move off to a flyer as he scored within 10minutes to put AA Genk almost out the game! AA Genk scored another own goal after just 17minutes to allow Ajax to step down a gear and cruise. Ajax dominated the first half and saw two more goals, one from Cvitanich in the 29th minute and one from defender Vertonghen in the 48th minutes (3minutes stopoage time)
Rivi%C3%A8re-Saint-Etienne.jpg

The second half was quiet compared to the first as Ajax made three changes at half time to reduce the chance of a sending off. Vertonghen scored his second goal of the game and Ajax's 5th of the game to secure the win but Ajax ended on a sour note as they saw Alderweireld sent off after two bookable offences! He will now miss the next game!
jan-vertonghen-910500225.jpg

linebreak.png

28228.png

Ajax To Face Tough Sampdoria Challenge In Champions League

1167.png

After winning comfortably 7-0 on aggregate Ajax were eager to find who they were to face next in the champions League qualifier, it was always going to be a tough game but the draw left them with an away first leg to Italian giants Sampdoria! But it meant they will face the second leg at home in front their own fans.
linebreak.png

Sold
Lorenzo-Ebecilio-Chelsea-150x150.jpg

Name: Lorenzo Ebecilio
Nationality: Dutch
New Club: Reading
Price Tag: £1.2Million
linebreak.png

Wow, this is great guys. Made me laugh that Atouba in the first pic is someone else, lol. I'm definitely following, keep it up.

Haha cheers buddy, think Dan got the wrong guy ;)

Haha, no worries. Having seen Atoba in the real life playing for Spurs I did have to look twice at Dan's pic!! Keep the updates coming guys.

Haha, no worries. Having seen Atoba in the real life playing for Spurs I did have to look twice at Dan's pic!! Keep the updates coming guys.

Yeh we're both playing August fixtures and then will get up an update before the night is over! :D

Brilliant story mate, following, and how did you get the line-ups and the formation thing?

Brilliant story mate, following, and how did you get the line-ups and the formation thing?

The website should be at the bottom of the formations that dan used, I usually cut them out just to make it look more football like :)

Wow, this is great guys. Made me laugh that Atouba in the first pic is someone else, lol. I'm definitely following, keep it up.

Yerp done now! thanks bud

My update will be done tomorrow at 2ish whilst Eddys will be up between 3 and 4 :) so sit tight guys :D

Last edited:
Amazing updates and great wins to both of you.

Eddy: Good luck against Celtic and I really think Ajax are going to demolish the league given "Sir Ryan"'s reputation with Wales/United

Dan: Keep it going mate! Hard draw against Sampdoria but you should get through it. A draw away from home will be good. You can demolish them at home :)

lots of very interesting transfers, eddy selling off his front line :p, ganso for 10 million is :wub:

looking forward the Champs League matches

Eddy: Good luck against Celtic and I really think Ajax are going to demolish the league given "Sir Ryan"'s reputation with Wales/United

Dan: Keep it going mate! Hard draw against Sampdoria but you should get through it. A draw away from home will be good. You can demolish them at home :)

Thanks for the interest bud! :) Celtic was a great easy draw on paper for eddy. whilst i faced a hard sampforia battle! already played and will update at 2ish :)

---------- Post added at 02:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:18 PM ----------

lots of very interesting transfers, eddy selling off his front line :p, ganso for 10 million is :wub:

Yer right, he sold a fair few, at the next update (end of the month game time) we will list the full transfers just in less detail than before :)

Cheers buddy, yeh league is a must would love to get far in champions league but gotta get through Celtic first!!!

---------- Post added at 02:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:36 PM ----------

Yeh I thought they were mostly second rate and 2 of them are on loan so hope they get bought!!! Ganso is going to be massive for me this season!!!

Yeh I thought they were mostly second rate and 2 of them are on loan so hope they get bought!!! Ganso is going to be massive for me this season!!!

I think your right buddy! Ganso will be key for you, as Riviere is proving to be for me. Will see what i mean when i update :D