Total Football: Three Years to Supremacy

ollieconnolly

Reaction score
GuardianMasthead.jpg

Cruyff Turn!
Tottenham Chief does U-turn as Dutch Idol Joins

300px-Cruyff_a_la_banqueta_del_Camp_Nou.jpg

Tensions at Spurs are said to be extremely high this morning. Following the clubs first win of their 2012/13 campaign yesterday with a thumping 3-1 away win at Reading, club chairman Daniel Levy has appointed Dutch legend Johan Cruyff as Director of Football. Power struggles have already been on the agenda at the club early on this season with Chief scout Tim Sharewood a close friend and offering a keen ear to Levy. Head coach Andre Villas-Boas was said to be more than dissatisfied with how involved Sharewood was in the clubs summer transfer dealing, particularly in the Joa Moutinho saga. AVB is said to be considering his position at the club already having been forced to walk under a committee. The appointment of Cruyff will surely excite fans of the North London club, who will be more than keen to see his infamous ?Total Football? philosophy imprinted on their club. But it is yet to be seen if Cruyff will be set to work with both Boas or Sharewood and possibly neither.

Tottenham's current league standing:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So this is the story i've gone for and i'm back :) its a series documenting the goings on at Spurs' over three years where superstar Johan Cruyff is basically calling the shots as he looks to implement 'total football' at white hart lane.
The targets are basically within three years to win the league title averaging 60% possesion playing in a pass and move style.

Managers may come and go and its a story attatched to the club not one gaffer.

It starts from today following Spurs' 3-1 over Reading this afternoon, to change the table i simply holidayed to the date 13/9/2011 - *using a 2012 editor date* and edited the league table using FMRTE

hope everyone follows i know spurs arnt the worlds greatest challenge but i wont be robbing anyone's tactics and depending on the manager etc. I'm sure the players will respond positively and negativley

Andre Villas-Goas!
Spurs boss quits citing 'boardroom influence'

avb_1540599a.jpg

Andre Villas-Boas last night sensationally quit Spurs just four league games into his reign. Villas-Boas citied 'too much boardroom influence' as his reason for leaving the club. It was well documented that he was not happy with the influence club icon Tim Sharewood had over first team matters, and with the appointment this week of Johan Cruyff the portugesse boss believed he was left with no choice. In a statement released via the LMA early this morning the former Chelsea gaffer stated. 'I'm deeply saddened to leave this great football club and this fabulous leage, but the influence from the chairman and other key figures at the club was too great for me. I felt i was working with just one hand, and i need both to do my job.' This shock decision by AVB now means new man Cruyff must get to work immediatly appointing a succesor with the season now in full swing. One of the key men reportedly responsible for Villas-Boas' decision Tim Sharewood is the bookies favourite for the job with Everton's and Wigan's bosses in a close second and third.

Latest odds via Bet365:

Tim Sharewood 3-1
David Moyes 5-1
Roberto Martinez 5-1
Frank de Boer 10-1
Jurgen Klinsmen 11-1
Harry Redknapp 11-1
Jurgen Klopp 14-1
Rafael Benitez 15-1

daily-mirror-masthead.png

Exclusive!

Whelan: We're In Talks

22748.jpg

Martinez said to fit the bill

Wigan Chief Dave Whelan has today exclusivley told MirrorSport that he and Tottenham Chairman David Levy are in talks regarding a financial package for manager Roberto Martinez to switch clubs. it had been thought that Spurs' fan favourite and head scout Tim Sharewood would take the roll, but after appointing Johan Cruyff it appears Martinez is now the man for the job. Speaking to MirrorSport Whelan said, 'We've been in this position before, this summer infact, Roberto is wanted by them if the deals right he goes with our blessing, they may just be finding out everyone's valuations but from what i'm told Roberto is there man.' There has yet to be any comments from either Tottenham or Martinez but it is thought that he would love the job. 'Roberto's his own man and I would never make a decision for him.' Whelan said. 'But Tottenham are a big football club with a fabulous squad I think he'd do superb there.'

ssnhdblue-800_2492584.jpg

Martinez Confirmed As Tottenham Manager - Former Wigan Manager Signs 3-Year Deal

martinez.jpg

Former Wigan and Swansea boss Roberto Martinez has signed a three year deal with Tottenham to become their new manager, taking over from Andre Villas-Boas just a week after he resigned. Martinez had been linked with the job before Villas-Boas took over, but after penning a new deal with Wigan this summer was not considered a front runner for the job this time around. In their official statement Tottenham chairman David Levy said the club were 'delighted' to have Martinez as their new manager.
'After a long process, conducted mainly out of the public eye, the board were unanimous in accepting Director of Football, Johan Cruyff's recommendation to appoint Roberto Martinez.' 'Roberto has the ethos, the personality and we belive kodos in the game to take Tottenham Hotspur to the next level. These are exciting times for the football club, the pairing of Johan and Roberto is thrilling. We must look to quickly turn our attention back to the field of play and allow both Roberto and Johan to get on with their respective jobs.

Martinez looks set to bring in his former assistant from Wigan Graeme Jones as well as other staff members.

Roberto Martinez's Managerial Timeline

_45868146_1904marinez.jpg

Swansea '07-09
League One Champions - 2008

Roberto-Martinez-Wigan-ma-008.jpg

Wigan '09-2012

martinez-henry_2229850b.jpg

Was interviewed for the Liverpool Job in 2012

277614.jpg

Tottenham 2012 - ......

Live - Tottenhamress Conference

eG1oZjcwMTI=_o_wigan-manager-roberto-martinez-press-conference.jpg

Tottenham Football Club would like to welcome you to this press conference introducing our new manager Roberto Martinez. Roberto is a fantastic young up and coming manager coupled with our exciting you squad this is a special time for this club. We would like to welcome you to ask Roberto any questions.

Roberto, welcome to Tottenham. First of all what has attracted you to Spurs?

Tottenham is a fantastic football club, a great institue in the english game. I've always wanted to manage at the highest level and i'm sure this move enables me to do exactly that. The chairman is very understanding and knows what a manager needs and wants. There is also the opportunity to work with a footballing legend in Mr.Cruyff.

Mentioning Johan there Roberto, how do you feel you can work under a Director of Football after reportedly turning Liverpool down as to not work under one?

Well first of all, i did not turn down the Liverpool job and i'd like to put that on record. Secondly i believe we share a similar football philosophy, Mr.Cruyff is an extremley succesful man in football who will help this club grow as a whole. His name alone will help attract players. I am the decision maker, but in implimenting a long term footballing culture there is no one better than him.

You take over a fabulous and youthful squad, do you agree the Champions League is the minimum target?

Myself and the chairman sat and spoke at length about the strengths of this side. There is an unbelievable array of talent here, the likes of Bale, Adebayor, Lloris and Walker are real extreme talents. I'm very excited by the talent and potential here we can build something long term.

Tottenham have been described as in a transition this year, with the potential stadium move and Harry Redknapp's departure, thoughts?

I'd have to say yes. Again i spoke with the chairman and they are actively looking to improve or move stadiums. The squad has changed a bit and i'm here now and we're looking to build for the future.

It has been muted that Stefan Freud will move on with the departure of Andre Villas-Boas, are there any truth to the rumours?

Yes Steffan Freud vacated the position this morning, the chairman is hoping to agree a deal with Mr.Whelan today to bring in both Graeme Jones and Graham Barrow.

0.jpg

Spurs' first training session under Martinez

For Roberto Martinez i've decided on three different tactics. Martinez has become famed for three at the back, with the influence of Cruyff the first tactic is much narrower through the middle, with a constant passing diamond enabling us to dominate possesion.

Tactic -1: 3-1-4-1-1

tottenhamhotspurtactics.png

Tactic - 2: 5-2-1-2

Tactic - 3: 4-2-3-1

None of the tactics will use the corner exploit. It would'nt be a great story if the first season i cruise the league title with Adebayor scoring 60 odd goals from corners.

Tottenham Welcome In the Cameras

Tottenham+Hotspur+LA+Galaxy+Reception+ZXVLEmXQ5-ll.jpg

Tottenham Chairmam Daniel Levy has today confirmed that Spurs' have confirmed a deal with American TV Network HBO to produce the documentry 'Hard Knocks.' Usually a show staring NFL Football teams going through the trials and tribulations of pre-season, the show is taking a new direction through Tottenham. HBO managing director Steven Connolly stated it was a 'proud day' for the Network. 'The TV cameras are in from the get go, with a show a week for a year on Sky Atlantic and the HBO chanel. The show will run in accordance with Hard Knocks USA, but this is exciting for all football fans.' Levy said this was 'a great step forward for our global brand, we spoke to Roberto he had no issues with it, nothing will be edited from the footage from week to week, HBO can show what they want, except for tactics.'
Hard-Knocks.jpg

PRN10-UNDER-ARMOUR-TOTTENHAM-PLAYERS-1yHigh.jpg

Martinez Starts With A Bang
europa.jpg

Zurich 1-3 Tottenham
LLoris OG (49) Parker (8) Adebayor (17) Bale (28)

Tottenham-Fulham.jpg

Formation: 3-1-4-1-1

LLoris
Dawson Gallas Vertonghen
Sandro
Lennon Parker Huddlestone Bale
Sigurdson
Adebayor

zrichvtottenhaminformat.png

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

pl2.jpg

Tottenham 4-2 Sunderland
Adebayor (15) Dembele (21) Cueller OG (43) Westwood OG (67) Vaughn (11,46)

270224_1.jpg

Formation: 5-2-1-2

Lloris
Dawson Gallas Vertonghen
Walker ------------------------------ Bale
Sandro Huddlestone
Sigurdson
Adebayor

tottenhamvsunderlandinf.png