Scott1501

Reaction score
Right so everytime I start a new game I totally overhaul my club. I get rid of all the old regimes staff, cancel all pre season, sell a good few players and start from there. I make some friendlies and bid for some players, If I dont win thers friendlies or dont get the player I want, I restart and hve to go through everythin again!!! Ive seen myself winning my first 7 league game then starting again because I draw with a team I should have gubbed! Does anyone else have issues like this?

take it like a man m8, you didnt see Man United asking fa to restart when they lost to Burnley.

nup that is called cheating :'(

but if thats how you want to play the game then you carry on doing that mate

Yeah I agree if that's the way you want to play then fair enough.

To be fair though, winning or losing pre-season friendlies, even the charity shield, doesn't matter at all, its main use is to get your players some match fitness. I agree it can be annoying if you don't sign a good player or two, the best thing seems to be throwing a few extra pounds at the player/club which usually works unless you want to sign a rival's star player, or always having a second option available. Often I find I rarely get all the transfers I want done in the first window, so don't be afraid of getting players signed for end-of-season if you want to tie that up.

If you want the players, and are happy with cheating (that sounded like a criticism - it wasn't) you could just use FMRTE?

mate you will get much more enjoyment out of the game if you stick to it. I was leighton orient for couple of seasons and although didnt win anything and just couple of mid table finishes i really enjoyed it and being a manager. trust me you will really enjoy it more sticking to a game. also mate you dont need to change everything about the club in your first season (or day) set yourself goals (longterm) and maybe if the 1st season does not work then the next you can make serious changes.

stick with the game and leighton orient is such an enjoyable game no matter how boring it sounds. If you want advice for them just ask mate?

Its hardly cheating man! Im jus a pure fussy manager who like everythin to be PERFECT, hence the OCD in the title, Ive had many many seasons were iv struggled but its often the case when I start a new game an thing arent perfect I jus start a new game.

Its hardly cheating man! Im jus a pure fussy manager who like everythin to be PERFECT, hence the OCD in the title, Ive had many many seasons were iv struggled but its often the case when I start a new game an thing arent perfect I jus start a new game.
no manager gets things running perfectly at the club, that is life, ther is always some problem. just take it on the chin like everyone else and get on with it

Do we all really need to know that you cheat on FM?

Play it how you want mate, aslong as your not writing a story or claiming to be something your not, don't see the problem.

Umm, play the game how it is set, only cancel contracts when you will sign a good replacement, and if you keep losing FMRTE, Mr Hough's wonder tactic, or: BUY A DIFFERENT GAME

Lay off the guy, you can play the game as you like. It's not affecting anyone so I don't see why you're all abusing him. But the game is more rewarding if you don't restart as it feels good to persevere through the bad times and get success.

Thanks Rnixon! Cheating to me is makin your team stronger through the editor or adding managers then acceptin bids for your own team. Nice to see what some people think tho, I only posted this thread to see if any one was as picky as me when it came to Football Manager.

Play it how you want mate, aslong as your not writing a story or claiming to be something your not, don't see the problem.

Lay off the guy, you can play the game as you like. It's not affecting anyone so I don't see why you're all abusing him. But the game is more rewarding if you don't restart as it feels good to persevere through the bad times and get success.

This.

Most of you are just acting childish.

Play the game how you want. Try playing half a season before you restart, you'll find how successful you may end up. Sign different players, mix it up. Keep the game fresh and you'll find yourself with less need to restart your game.

Good idea Scouse, al try mixing it up abit and a fresh approach. Good Man!!

I usually do something like this, but more due to perfectionism. I usually start up a game a few times so I can get to grips with the tactics I'm using and what players I need. Once I know what I need and how to play the team, I start up and go for it. Call it research;p