Total War Rome 2

Montanaro

Reaction score
Steam Sale 50% off.

Has the game improved enough to warrant a purchase?

Well, it's better. And worse. New layout is hurting my eyes. Other than that, great game.

It's worth ?15 all day long.

I've clocked up over 100 hours play time since it was released and enjoyed [almost] every minute of it. You have missed out on the majority or major game breaking glitches that the rest of us had to suffer. Also, the game itself still feels incomplete - [proven by the endless updates and DLC packs that we apparently have been asking for!] .

All hope is not lost though, the workshop has tons of incredible mods that will make you forget about how boring and annoying the vanilla game is. So yeah, if you're a fan of the Total War series this is a must buy but make sure you take that trip to the Steam Workshop.. You won't regret it.

Edit: BTW, I don't think you will receive any of the free DLC [i.e Greek States Pack] which is something to look into before purchasing.

thanks. may take the plunge. been itching for a strategy game worthy of my time.

I loved Rome 1 back in the day. seleucids ftw

Does anyone have enough computer knowledge to let me know if my laptop will be able to play it? I loved Rome TW and wouldn't mind getting this but computer hardware is not a language that I speak!

I'll work out how to find out my specs if anyone can help ;)

Yeup, deffo worth 15. If it was full price I might still hesitate, but I've grown to enjoy it immensely.

Does anyone have enough computer knowledge to let me know if my laptop will be able to play it? I loved Rome TW and wouldn't mind getting this but computer hardware is not a language that I speak!

It's not as demanding as people would have you believe. I can run it on my years-old laptop with built-in gfx, albeit with minimum detail. That said, I got bored of it fairly quickly, I prefer RTS to turn-based, but if you like the genre you're in for hours of fun.

Would probably be easier if you posted your computer specs.

However, the graphics menu is great and you should find graphical options that suit your needs.

In terms of processing power and RAM it's similar to FM.. The time between turns has improved since the game first came out but I'm playing on a 4GHz six-core processor with endless amounts of RAM and it can still take a minute or two between turns.