Tottenham 0-0 Man City: Spurs dominate but Hart keeps it level

• Thread starter Thread starter Mike.
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 29
  • Views Views 3K
Just mentioned Inter thats it, Possession football is not that imp when you dont know what to do with possession. Fast counter attacking game (Ala United 7-1 Roma) is better way who can counter well..

[COLOR=#00e0]---------- Post added at 11:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:08 AM ----------[/COLOR]

So whom will spurs offload then? Keane or that Russian crouch?
playing on the counter requires you to be very good defensively imo, something that united have actually been very good at, but is often overlooked. it also take a lot out of the side physically. not sure spurs there yet, so keeping possession is the safest way of being defensively strong, and with the added bonus of forcing the opposition to work very hard to keep their shape

Lots of stories are linking Pav with a move away. They need 1 quality LB & 1 quality CB (assuming Woodgate & King still have injury problems)

I still reckon Keane will be the one offloaded. I dont know what has happened to him but he just looks a poor shadow of the player he was. He looked good again in the pre-season but when it comes to the competitive games he looks lost. When he came on against City he was non-existent.

Berba-Keane combo :wub:. Why did Harry buy him back.? I dont think he played any major role from the time he was back from Anfield.

Hopefully, we'll keep Pav -- he is very good imo. Keano, unfortunately, is slowing up a little with every passing year and it's prob time we cashed in on him whilst he's still worth a few million.

playing on the counter requires you to be very good defensively imo, something that united have actually been very good at, but is often overlooked. it also take a lot out of the side physically. not sure spurs there yet, so keeping possession is the safest way of being defensively strong, and with the added bonus of forcing the opposition to work very hard to keep their shape

Agree to some extent but we have Arsenal who maintains possession well and lost against Us, Chelsea. If you are not good defensively you will lose no matter what.

---------- Post added at 11:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:24 AM ----------

Hopefully, we'll keep Pav -- he is very good imo. Keano, unfortunately, is slowing up a little with every passing year and it's prob time we cashed in on him whilst he's still worth a few million.

I dont know, since Euro 08 i never liked Pav. He looks poor man's crouch. Last season he got few goals, but he looks lost completely.

Agree to some extent but we have Arsenal who maintains possession well and lost against Us, Chelsea. If you are not good defensively you will lose no matter what.

---------- Post added at 11:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:24 AM ----------

I dont know, since Euro 08 i never liked Pav. He looks poor man's crouch. Last season he got few goals, but he looks lost completely.
i agree, but keeping possession take less toll on the team than counter. despite the similarities the is a fairly big gap between united and spurs. defensively united and chelsea are considerably better than spurs. and most teams would rather play possession than counter.

i think keane will be the one to go, but it will be interesting to see who lines up for the european games.

Pav is a quality finisher -- honestly, he is really good in front of goal and isn't afraid to take on a shot. He looks lost because he's a lazy-*** type of striker who tends to stay right up top (similar to Berbatov style when he was at Spurs) though his work rate is higher now than it was when Harry first took over.

Lots of stories are linking Pav with a move away. They need 1 quality LB & 1 quality CB (assuming Woodgate & King still have injury problems)

These stories of Pav moving on are always coming from his agent's mouth. **** he must only have Pav on his books and is skint so looking for another percentage from the next transfer deal. Another left back would be ideal but Harry has stated that will be Bales main position and will for now use Bale on the wing until we find another left sided winger imo. Agree also with another CB although not too happy with being linked with Gallas recently as I think he will upset the team spirit when things are not going for him and undermine the managers decision. Thats jut my thoughts.

Joe Hart was absolutely immense, even put a smile on the face of Given, who was dropped to play Hart. He really has some potential, and keepers dont usually hit there peak untill 30's onwards, so he's looking pretty class.

Back