chekrdnickrs

Reaction score
Hi guys, just came off the back of a stellar 2010/11 season, claiming all of the Carling Cup, FA Cup, Europa League and yes, topping off the quadruple with the BPL. I'm about to start my second season and I was wondering if anyone could suggest any players that will improve the squad I already have. Perhaps a new goalkeeper would be most important as Cudicini and Friedel's wage demands were too much for mere backup players so I didn't renew their contracts. Anyways, here's the current squad:

GK: Gomes /
DR: Kyle Walker / Vedran Corluka
DCR: Michael Dawson / Younes Kaboul
DCL: Ledley King / Steven Caulker
DL: Benoit Assou-Ekotto / Alex Sandro
DMC: Tom Huddlestone / Sandro
MCR: Luka Modric / Axel Witsel
MCL: Rafael van der Vaart / John Bostock
AMR: Aaron Lennon / Giovanni Dos Santos
AML: Gareth Bale / Steven Pienaar
STC: Vagner Love / Jermaine Defoe

Modric and vdV might also be subjected to major bids from Man City, so maybe potential ready-made replacements for those two (if they leave) would be great too?

Any and all suggestions are most welcome! Thanks for your kind consideration, guys!

P.S. This is my first post ever, so HI! :)

Gk - Rene Adler, Benaglio, Viviano.

Modric replacement - Paulo Henrique (Ganso), Pjanic, Badelj, Nuri Sahin, Montolivo, Defour, Ever Banega.

Vdv replacement - Pastore, Marek Hamsik, Steven Davis, Charlie Adam.

The teams looks pretty strong and doesn't really need any replacements unless the player is of significantly better than the ones you already have.

Thanks for the replies guys! I was able to keep Modric and van der Vaart so no worries about them. I got Akinfeev for 11m, he's quality for sure! Any ideas for someone to take over King's spot at centreback?

as for kings replacement SAkho you will not only get goals but also WC CB if you want english try phil Jones if you still have money left buy a decent goal scorer

Hmm I think Sakho would be my choice, he's been immense for me in other saves and he's left footed which will help! One more weakness in my team I feel is my left-back position. Should I just stick with Assou-Ekotto and Alex Sandro to continue developing or find a great first choice player now?

Hmm I think Sakho would be my choice, he's been immense for me in other saves and he's left footed which will help! One more weakness in my team I feel is my left-back position. Should I just stick with Assou-Ekotto and Alex Sandro to continue developing or find a great first choice player now?
I got one of my united saves to 2020 and after evra got to 33 i bought Aly Cissokho and he is as good as evra so a top player there sell Ekotto and buy Cissokho