Tottenham, A new perspective, a noobs season.

Insomnia

Reaction score
Note: I've gone into alot more detail then I've seen in other threads, simply because I thought it brought more of a story element into rather than
I play X team
I won this game
I lost this game
I won this game
so on so on...
You don't have to read it all if you don't want to, hence why I put the results in red. :)

---------- Post added at 10:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:01 AM ----------

Okay, for some reason nearly 2 hours worth of writting has dissapeard... :'(

---------- Post added at 11:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:08 AM ----------

Interesting thing, since Ronaldo left Man-U, They've seemed to have struggled to get past 10th place. They're now sulking at mid table.

---------- Post added at 11:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:10 AM ----------

Right this copy is going to be rather more brief than the first copy. After all, it's 5.30 in the morning, and I really can't be botherd to write such a long essay again.

I've decided to write my seasons story because all the others are from people who are relativlely good at this game, being able to win seasons with teams like Wolves with ease. I've decided to show you what life's like in the middle lane :) I've only ever won the Premership with teams like Newcastle (FM08) Villa (09) and currently I'm trying it with TOTTENHAM :)
I chose Tottenham for this season because after the Man City vs Tottenham match they just appealed to me.
So, i'll show you life in the ... averagley slow lane :p

My transfers were reasonably low key, no one amazing, but people good enough to cost little but make a big impact, I got:
Piotr Trochowski from HSV for £2.8 mill
Steven Taylor from Newcastle for £8 mill
Pablo Piatti from Almeria for £13 mill!
and finally
Titus Bramble from Wigan for £12.5 mill
That's a whopping total of £32.5 million.

I had to sell:
Luka Modric for £8.5mill to Man City, although, the world wanted him
Ledley King for £4mill to FC Bayern.
Also other reserves for £25k ish

My preseason was... well preseason like, beating teams you don't know by big to average margins. The only notable thing was a 4-1 win in a final of some friendly cup. Nothing special.

My first game though was against Man U. I was excited as this was the first time I felt like I could do well with a team, and Man U was quite a big step to take straight away, I had to learn how to fly before I could jump kinda thing.
I was prepared, my prematch conference had risen morale... Only to watch the most boring 90 mins of my life, nothing happened, I saw one single shot, and that was a lousy header from Crouch that hit the cross bar.. from point blank. Lanky ******.
So a "bore draw" 0-0 against Man-U. Although, I'm not complaining.

My second game against West Ham was one I was getting cocky about, with a draw against Man-U I was really excited and thinking very positivly about my tactics and training, my team could do very well at this rate... although, a 1-0 loss to West Ham slapped me in the face a little

My Bolton match was much the same, but with alot more contervercy, a off side goal from Bolton and two disallowed offside goals from Tottenham, I was completly raving at the end, especially when Crouch (who I brought on at 70 mins) was hitting the cross bar all the time, from headers and from long shots.
But alas, a 2-0 loss to Bolton showed me that this start of the season was already looking down.

Peterbrough in the League Cup was a match that was destined to be won, another team that not many people know, means an easy morale booster and a chance to pick ourselves up after two dreadfull matches, and after a goal in the opening minits thinged looked destined to be going our way, but again Crouchy was hitting everything BUT the goal, and after I subbed him for Defoe, he just went and did it from further away!
Peterbrough finnally managed to capitalize on our stupid games and tucked one in before the end, putting us at 1-1 at full time, extra time wasn't much more interesting, more of the same wood work bouncing action as before. Untill penalties where Gomes managed to pull off 2 amazing saves. But even so a win from penalties against a team we should of beaten 2/3-0 isn't a worthwhile win. So a 1-1 win on penalties

Everton, an even match that looked like a couple of goals either way. But the same as usual constant attacking but no finishing, led to a woefull 0-0 draw, and with 1 or two of my players being injured because of it, and 3 of them already out. My team looked a bit thin.

Now Blackburn was another team we should really smash into the ground, but with a couple of players out and my hopes and dreams being destroyed by Crouches inability to see, a few changes were made, but my spirits weren't high, untill, David Bently pulls off a screamer of a goal in the first 10 mins, again at 50 mins, we then get a penalty to put us at 3-0 with David Bently scoring a hatrick! and just to top it off Huddleson in the last min of extra time has a killer run from our box to theirs and SMASHES it past the keeper, for a magnificant 4-0 win!

Aston Villa, was still a challenge though, our spirits were up but Villa, being my favorite team, were an obstacle that was going to be no easy feat, and with Young and Gabby pilling the pressure on Gomes some thing had to be done. A brilliant cross from Bent left Villa with no choice but to cut the **** into Pavlyuchenko who quickly got up and took the free penalty, putting us at 1-0. And a later mistake left Pavyy with another free shooting oppurtunity in which he smashed it away for number 2. Leaving us with a glorious 2-0 win

A second bout with Everton in the League Cup quite quickly after the first was a tough and cruel fate, and one that started badly with my assistants pre match confernce ruining morale. But the game went on much the same and a 0-0 draw with extra time and possibly penalties looked likely, untill Everton managed to bang in two screamers. I had lost all hope and was ready to skip to the end, and 2-0 down 10 mins from the end, untill magically Trochowski managed to pull an amazing header off to put us to 2-1, but it would still take a miracle from some one like CROUCH! with a blazing 40 yard curling shot to put us to 2-2!! And with only 2 mins to spare! Extra time was a mystical adventure of near misses and brilliant saves, untill penalties held us back with 2 amazing saves from Howard. Leaving us with a 2-2 loss on Pentalties

Chelsea were next up, and with such a fierce rivarly the stress and tension was on, Ancelotti was throwing insults left right and center, but I just stuck to the game plan and told my boys what to do. It worked, the morale stayed up and the little green boxes with "PR" left me with good news. Especially since 45 mins in just before the break, Pavvy gets another penalty! Putting us 1-0 up at the break, and after a very strong bout of defending we thought we could have a win in the bag, but Anelka (of all people) managed to slide past my DC and slip one Frenchy shot into my goal. Leaving the game 1-1, but I would take the result there.

Stoke, an easy game, a boring game, no talk about it, not even a press conference. Just a game, a goal. A win. 1-0 away to Stoke.

---------- Post added at 12:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:11 AM ----------

After the rather poor Stoke win, I decided to finally let Trochowski have some leave so he could settle in (hopefully) better when he comes back home.
And so I started to prepare for my next match against Sunderland. It didn't seem like a daunting task, but with my team still lacking alot of choice of players it was annoying to have to let one go for a month or so, and with my players frequently getting injured aswell I had to tone down the training reguime.
The Sunderland match started like any other so far, a couple of amazing oppurtunities that either hit the post of the goalie managed to save on a 1 on 1 which I have to admit is getting fustrating now. But Pavvy came through for me in the second half, after the first half only had a solitutude scrappy goal. So 1-0 up and Pavvy gets another (you guessed it) penalty in the 61st min, striking his way to 2 goals and putting us in a desirable lead, but shortly after at 67 he puts in a valiant effort with a gargantuous run and makes it 3-0 and another hatrik! With a season like this he's going to attract attention from all sorts of clubs! And just to finish it off Bale whacks a killer free kick from outside the box into the top right corner to make it an amazing 4-0 win! a truely spectacular win, one that I'm truely proud of :)

Arsenal, fierce rivals, and 2nd in the prem, they've been doing well this season and could very well end my current 7 no loss streak. The game was scrappy, with poor defending from both sides, and poor striking too, I subbed off Pavvy after his strikes weren't going near the goal and his runs were just aimless. After the break more of the same, senseless running about with nothing to show untill the 60th min when a scrap in the penalty box left Gallas 2 feet from the goal with nothing but air stopping him from running the ball in. a 1-0 loss, that really should of been a draw. My fans and me weren't happy.

Another game that we were favorites to win, another chance for my players to prove we could do more in this season than previously predicted. A simple start before the 14th min when a legal tackle got Jenas sent off! I've already appealed for the card as replays show he touched the ball first! But we fought back and 1 man down we managed to pull away a goal from another amazing free kick by Bale, even more spectacular than the last, putting us 1-0 up at the break.
Now Piatti has had a rather quiet season for me, getting assists here and there but the tiny midget man hadn't really had much chance to show his explosive side. Untill now. A clearence from the box fell straight to Piatti at the half way line with 3 defenders and the goalie to beat, with some nifty feet work and some amazing skills, Piatti managed to beat all 4 players and slot home an amazing 2nd goal, leaving us with a quite brilliant 2-0 win
Bale managed to win young player of the month and deserved it.

---------- Post added at 12:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:50 PM ----------

The Board have decided that because of my good work and impressive management of the budget, I've been given a £2.3mill extra spending budget :)

---------- Post added at 01:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:51 PM ----------

My first match against Man City, I was a bit nervous to be honest as well as being for the FA cup, It's a game that has it all, big players, lots of money, a bit of rivalry, and most of all, one of my ex players playing on the left wing. Modric.
The game was intesting, lots of corners, lots of oppurtunites, also a couple of mistakes. A goal kick from Given went straight to Piatti and almost led to a goal, but a pass to Pavvy was intercepted. Modric was all over the place occasionally crossing from the right wing for no reason what so ever. But eventually a rebound left Gareth Barry (legend) with a free shot and he managed to tuck it away pass Gomes.
Half time came and a couple of changes, with some fresh legs maybe we could equal this game out.
A couple of long range shots from Richards left Gomes on his toes but no change to the score line. Before Huddlestone was badly injured and had to come off. With no DM on the bench I had to improvise a bit and switch around, leaving a weak spot in my mid field. And it wasn't long before a corner was tucked away for 2-0 after Tevez was left reasonably open. Bently tried to ram in some shots but nothing was happening and we had lost before the final whistle was blown. A dissapointing 2-0 loss away. Even after a Man of the Match for Gomes.

Interestingly Man United are still struggling at 8th, I won't be suprised if Sir Alex gets the sack come January. [12 nov] Also, annoyingly Puel? From Olypias keeps complimenting my DL Assou, I mean.. like once a day. I know he wants to buy him, but this is getting on stalkerish.

Liverpool now, and with 6 straight wins behind them and occuuying first place I'm a little worried we are going to get throughly destroyed.
But confidence is key and I'm certain if we play it right we can beat the down and come away with at least a draw. Especially since it's a home game. We need this win if we want to be up closer to the top 5ish. As we're currently occupying 7/8th place.
With some very early shots by Liverpool it already looked like a very close game, some great keeping and defending and we managed to avoid a goal...well... untill the 15th min where a close range shot from Babel put us 1-0 down. But some counter attacks and we started to make ourselves look even again, Corluka went down though at 30th min and Huddlestone had to come in, and then Kranjcar managed to pick up a minor injury too. But I saved him untill half time. I shouldn't have. A mistake from him left Maxi wide open for another free shot putting us 2-0 down and a steep steep hill to climb to get back even. After the break some nifty feetwork put us down 3-0. And my hope was dwindling... A mid table finish is all I can look for if we start losing majorly to teams like Liverpool, a 2-0 lose I can handle, but it was starting to get a bit much. But some brilliant passing and we managed to get one back to 3-1. But it was too little too late. And the final score was 3-1 loss at home.
But at least I didn't lose as bad as West Ham did, with a magnificant 6-0 loss to Chelsea. This result puts us back to 10th.

I won my first season with spurs. 84 p.

Bought Otamendi and Kaboul (that transfer was already made when I started up the game).
Downloaded "Mullen 4-4-2" tactic. Worked like magic.

Modric for 8.5 mil?? you can get between 15-20 mil from city from him usually...

Modric for 8.5 mil?? you can get between 15-20 mil from city from him usually...

Was about to say! 8.5 mil!? (and to City!?) should be getting double mate :S

Anyway hope you do well, i quite like Spurs

Unfortunatly my screen has completly ****** up and won't turn on :( also internet is bugging up aswell. This is going to have to be discontinued :( sorry.
But to be fair, my season was starting to go back downhill, after a brilliant winning streak and no loss streak I managed to pick myself up from 4th, Pavlyuchenko scoring at least once a game, and getting 2 assists almost everygame too. But an injury has taken him out and constant compliments from Real Madrid A.C Milan and Jueventus has made most my team wanting to leave. It's going to be hard to keep all of them without them crying like a *****.

---------- Post added at 06:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:31 AM ----------

Just a small thing before I close this all together.
I used the normal 10.3 database, with no extra downloads or addons.
I used a 4-5-1 tactic, or 4-3-2-1 as some call it. With one DM 2 MC then AMR+L.
I managed to purchase aload of scouts with at least 17+ in both Judging. And one Goalkeeping coach Krzysztof(sp) Dowhan.
I also managed to buy Gignac in January, but the language barrier is making it hard for him to succeed at the moment. But 3 goals for 8 games is not all bad.

Last edited: