Renato10

Reaction score
So, I am playing with Tottenham and I am getting somewhere arround 3,5 million loss per month. I did everything I could to reduce this losses, but I feel I forgot something. I sold almost all unused players, players that don't have potencial to make it to the first team and even players who have very high wages and are old or not good enough. Is everyone else getting that kind of losses or is this normal? At the end of the season I will probably have some profit, because of the sponsors,prize money...but I want to make profit during the hole season if you know what I mean. Any ideas?

Thank you.

have you set your transfer budget to all wages? that will generate a little income, also did you buy a player over a monthly payment method?

Yes, I did everything...I sold 3-4 players on monthly payment, and bought players for almost the same amount of money on monthly payment method, so basically there no loss here. Any other ideas?

Playing as Tottenham aswel, and got the same. They have a fairly small stadium, so getting money from gate receipts is quite hard (~€1M max per match). Try and ask your board to expand or build a new one. I'm getting a new stadium build, without even having to ask for it. Hopefully it'll be much bigger, as I sell out even FA Cup matches vs. the likes of Yeovil Town.
Oh, and try to get your board to form a commercial link with a feeder club in Japan or the VS or something alike. That'll generate some extra merchandising cash aswel as it boosts your reputation there.

Last edited:
I'm managing Arsenal and from what I know about FM it's perfectly normal to make losses every month. In fact it's unlikely to make a profit in a single month unless it's during the start of the season, January Transfer window or the end of the year.

You should look at the profit at the end of the year where prize money and everything else is included. Like you said you will probably make a profit here and that's good.

As Arsenal I'm losing about £6m a month but at the beginning of the season I had a profit of £50m due to season tickets. This is obviously decreasing by £6m every month. 6 x 12 is 72 so approx. I will end up with a yearly loss of £22m but like I said before I also will get Champions League, Prem. League and other forms of prize money so that money should cover it.

But don't forget at the end of the year things like Dividends take a huge chunk of money out of your club, eg. £25m.

I can't expand stadium, because it's already at the max expansion capacity, so I proposed for a new one and they granted my request :) About feeder club, I already proposed but got rejected. Will try again soon. Stadium costed me 199M, but hopefully in 3-4 years I can make Tottenham one of the best in the world :)

Nice.
I was getting a new one build, as I said, without even having to ask for it. Didn't even get a message in my inbox about it or whatever. It just popped up in the board room request room. Now, 3 years later and one year before actually finishing the stadium, it has disappeared, again with no message from the board or anything. Absolutely gutted. Anyone else experienced this?

You are going to be in debt after stadium, but I'd recommend when buying players use instant cash instead of monthlies and when selling use monthlies. This way managing your finances is much easier.

But as everyone have said it's perfectly normal.

its not normal to lose money. decrease wage budget, low transfers