Tottenham First Season Who To Sign?

• Thread starter Thread starter owen7
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 23
  • Views Views 3K

owen7

Reaction score
I got a 21 Mill transfer kitty, although I'm buying Balotelli for 11 Million hopefully. Anyone know any other players I can sign, I want to at least challenge for 5th spot or maybe a Champions league spot.

Joao Moutinho -CM- Sporting CP
Veloso -CM - Sporting CP
Vagner Love -ST- CSKA

depends what position do you need to improve in?

Defence - I'm losng 1-0 in a friendly, shock defending! I think I'll get Vagner Love and Veloso and Moutinho, but who should I sell? Pavlychenko? Bent? Both? Who from mid? Jenas?

Pavlychenko isn't very good .well not usually does he play well for you?
i would buy vagner love and a decent back up striker before selling bent

if you buy veloso and mountinho sell jenas because in midfield you will have bentley,modric,lennon,veloso,mountinho etc

hope this helps

Cheers mate, Pavlychenko is playing right now, 1 game 1 goal, but I think I'll rather give Vagner Love a shot. Balotelli has been great for me he's scored a hatrick on his first pre-season game I ended up winning 4-1. How much shall i buy veloso and moutinho for?

Pavlychenko always did very very well for me back when I had a save with Spurs.
Get Love, he's very good (i'd go for Marquinhos/Keirrison but Love is also class).

Always get Veloso if you can, class player :)

Get rid of Bent, waste of space, in my opinion, if you are challenging for top 5.
Get rid of any midfielders you can sell other than Modric (and maybe Bentley).

I'm not a fan of Lennon, he can become great apparently, but would look for established quality, try getting Srna...

I got Palacio, Getting Moutinho. I want to keep Lennon,Bentley,Modrid. Then if I add Moutinho and Veloso to that list is there anyone else I need?

Strikers I got - Palacio, Dos Santos, Pavlychenko [selling for Vagner Love], Bent [Selling], Campbell, Balotelli. So will that be another strikers?

Defenders - Any recomendations? I want to keep Bale but I want some more pacy CB's and maybe another RB?

I got Palacio, Getting Moutinho. I want to keep Lennon,Bentley,Modrid. Then if I add Moutinho and Veloso to that list is there anyone else I need?

Strikers I got - Palacio, Dos Santos, Pavlychenko [selling for Vagner Love], Bent [Selling], Campbell, Balotelli. So will that be another strikers?

Defenders - Any recomendations? I want to keep Bale but I want some more pacy CB's and maybe another RB?

Try and get Fazio at CB, he is awesome (and young)...

Not sure how much, but less than 9m probably...

---------- Post added at 07:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:08 PM ----------

Almost forgot!
If you can, get Srna!!!

---------- Post added at 07:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:09 PM ----------

Almost forgot!
If you can, get Srna!!!

I tried getting him at the start of the season but I think Man City payed 21 Million for him or something like that. Also so I should Fazio any pacey RB's? Also sell most my midfeild and replace them with who?

Zapata from Udinese very good defender for teams like Spurs .plays CB/RB
Yobo from Everton pacy CB .solid aswell

Faubert from West Ham . good Rb .solid and pacy

I tried getting him at the start of the season but I think Man City payed 21 Million for him or something like that. Also so I should Fazio any pacey RB's? Also sell most my midfeild and replace them with who?

Midfield, I would look at Veloso, Moutinho should be definately looked into, as well as Vargas and Guardado on the wings for sure. Also worth lokking at Riquelme and even maybe Beckham maybe? (not young, but you want class players to establish yourself high in the table then bring in the younger ones)

Always struggle with the RB myself. Currently using Paulo ferrari, fast and good crosser... maybe also Rafinha (sorry spelling...) as well?

I'll either get Fazio or Zapata. Maybe Yobo, but I think his price might be a bit high, and I'll proberly get Faubert. What posistion should I be aiming for in the Premiership btw? Also I think I'll keep Bentley and Modric on the wings. Also has either of you got MSN?

Last edited:
ah, faubert, good call, had forgotten about him, good shout.

Well, at least one fo the "big 4" tend to screw up, so you can make it into the top 4. I would look at being happy with 5th, good Uefa campaign, looking to take on the top 4 with some more players in the new season...

5th would be a good place i would be happy with that
then next season aim to break into the top 4

awesome i will try that. either of u got msn i think ill need some more help?

---------- Post added at 09:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:32 PM ----------

-- UPDATE --
Just signed Veloso, trying to get faubert! may be looking for another winger, attcking mid just incase modric gets injured, any ideas?

---------- Post added at 09:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:32 PM ----------

-- UPDATE --
Just signed Veloso, trying to get faubert! may be looking for another winger, attcking mid just incase modric gets injured, any ideas?

Arteta - Everton
Andres D'Alessandro - Internacional

who have you sold

thanks i will look into them!
i didnt have enough cash for either, they rejected my 5 mil bid for D'Alessandro and arteta was way to much.
also the transfer deadline has passed.

Last edited:
Back