Tottenham First Season Who To Sign?

• Thread starter Thread starter owen7
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 23
  • Views Views 3K
uhm i sold assoue ekoto and bent and i think some more guys i dont use.
ive only brang in veloso and balotelli though. hopefully in january i can pick it up a bit.

I play as Spurs and there are plenty of good buys at the start of the game, here is the list of who I get if you want to be ambitious.

Piece of advice, whenever you buy a player, spread the cost over 24 months. Then you'll only cut half way into your budget.

I sell every player I can apart from Modric, Palacios, Giovani, Corluka, Gomes, Cudicini, Bale

You won't be able to offload a few like Bentley, Pav & Keane but can reduce the wage bill by loaning them out.

For Lennon, King & Woodgate you'll be able to get upfront cash deals from Man City raking in around 30 million.

To sort out your defence buy these guys:

Srna = 10-12 million (is good in 6 positions and provides great influence to the team), you'll be able to sell for around 30 million in a few seasons.
Sakho = 9-10 million (becomes world class)
Santon = 1-1.5 million (1 million for a guy who proves to be one of the best fullbacks in the game, around 20 years old he'll start improving drastically)
Zapata = Good defensively and is a cheap option for the quality, 10 million.

Midfield (Manchester City compete for many of them, won't be able to sign them all).

Miguel Veloso = 11-12 million

Can become world class, is one of the best when you buy him, can easily be retrained to provide cover in the defensive line and at left back, does a good job at both.

Moutinho = Solid performer who is good all around and has brilliant mental stats 11-12 million again.

Hamsik = 15-17 million, may have to pick him up after he signs a dual contract with italian clubs, Want a playmaker? look no further

Palombo = Need a midfield battler good at creating chances? should be able to pick him up for around 12 - 14 million.

Guardado = Best wide man in the game bar Ronaldo, will be at your club the rest of his career and you can't find a better left sided player. Improves tremendously. Around 20 million and he's yours, sign him quickly though other wise he'll be out of your league and join one of the top clubs. has a release clause of 22.5 if you hit trouble.

Forwards

Vagner Love = His stats say it all, 16 million.

Alexis Sanchez = Takes a few years to get to a good level and is an option on the wings, misses too many sitters for my liking though.

Milevskyi = 8 million, underrated by scouts and does a solid job as a target man. Can get plenty of goals as he's strong enough and has enough ability on the ball to make space for himself.

6-12 months down the line...

Take a look at keirrison who is a goal machine, if you can afford him Aguero.

Fazio is a good signing for either midfield or Defense, but does have a tendancy to not perform up to his stats for me.

Akinfeev should be a goalkeeping solution should you want one.

Contracts

Whenever a player asks for a certain wage, always offer lower, the scout should give a good indication as to what the player will accept. You can save yourself thousands on every player this way. Can also scrap signing on fees.

The only time you need offer a player his demands or even more is when other clubs are negotiating with them.

Backstage

I sack all the backstage staff I can, none prove to be good for the long term, sign Nanni from Bologna as a physio, he'll do a far better job, I end up poaching a number of the Manchester United youth coaches who do a good job in the short term.

If you do buy many of those don't expect the 5th spot straight away, many are young, and need time to settle into the team. Lots of them won't speak English so your team won't play to it's full potential as the communication isn't there. Second season you should see them beginning to hit form, their stats will improve so the only way for you will be up. :)

Last edited:
I've exhausted all my transfer funds and my balance will slowly decline so money will be tight in the summer but my starting line up is as follows.

Click to enlarge the picture :)

THLineup.jpg

Srna is a good option in midfield as well as fullback, against tough teams i'll likely drop him back.

Back