ImDonkey

Reaction score
I really want to do a long term Tottenham save but this years I'm really struggling to think who to move etc.

I think it's partly because I support them and have too much of a fondness of the current crop. But also I don't know who is a good idea to sign in set positions.

So I want to start a Tottenham save and I'm thinking of trying to shift a lot of players this time but depends obviously on replacements.

This is who I'm thinking of keeping and selling, any advice on who to buy.

Keep:

GK: Lloris
LB: Danny Rose
CB: Toby, Eric Dier, Sanchez
RB: Not keen on Trippier or Aurier so would happily sell either.
CM: Winks
LW: Son
CAM: Eriksen, Dele
RW: Moura
ST: Kane

I could happily move on Paulo, Vorm, Ben Davies, Jan, Trippier, Aurier, KWP, Sissoko, Wanyama, Luke Amos, Erik Lamela, Llorente, Janssen.

But I would need:

Back up GK
Back up LB
1st and 2nd Choice RB
Back up CB (Potentially young)
3 CM's (Preferably a DLP and 2 B2B)
1 LW
1 RW
1 ST

Left Back- Tagliafico or Ryan Bertrand

Right Back- Mario Gasper or Kevin Mbabu

Centre Back- Boubacar Kamara

Centre Mid- Sergi Darder, Sandro Tonali, Karlos Linetty, Pablo Fornals or James Maddison

Striker- Brennan

GK - Predrag Rajkovic is always a safe bet but Work Permit issues. Lafont is good. Angus Gunn if you're looking for english

LB - Tiereny for sure, ended up captaining my spurs team for 10 years can get him for decent price

RB - Benjamin Henrichs, young and quality. Can be expensive

CB - Ajer, young and cheap becomes great. Declan Rice, maybe wait till 2nd season he will be cheaper and can retrain as CB easily

CM - Tielsman, Ndombele

LW - Antonio Marin - super young can fit straight into the starting line up and he will average high 7's for 15 years

RW - Cengiz Ünder can be bought for cheap sometimes and he is quality. I managed to her Osumane Dembele 2nd season and he was quality but very expensive.

ST - Dolberg is pretty good, decent backup for Kane

Asa lifelong spurs fan I always do a Spurs save. The first season is quite trickywith Spurs this year, you get no pre-season, most of the team are tired/unfitwhen the season starts, you have multiple injuries and limited budget. You willhave to make decisions on where to improve as really only 1 or 2 signings ispossible, plus you have the Dembele, Aldei and Jan contract problems.

Personally in the first season I would:

Keep: Davies - he's actually been good for me, 10-14 assists per season, difficult to replace for cheap
Keep: Trippier - English, good for quota, difficult to replace for cheap
Keep: KWP - ok back-up and English, won't get unhappy if you only play a couple of games

Sell: Aurier - nothing personal but just don't like him in real life and the dead-wood you mention.
Sell/Extend - I sold Jan VT (£20m), up to you on Aldwei but he's pretty good.

Targets:

GK - not priority first season, Lloris rarely gets injured, Gaz or Vorm are ok. If you really want to spend some budget - Pope, Butland, even Joe Hart can do a job. AC Milan have a couple of decent youngsters look at their reserves.
RB - Alamany Toure, Morfeo, Mukiele,
CB- Dias, Wallace, Luiz Felipe, Jonathan Tah,
CM - Ndombele, Gedson Fernandes, Tonali, Aouar, Barrella, Bruno Fernandes, Bentacur, Thomas Partey, Paredes, De Jong, Pellegrini,
LW/RW - there are heaps of options, this is where I would look to improve the Spurs squad for sure as we are light. If you want to break the budget Leon Bailey, Under, Chiesa, Brandt, Emil Forsberg, Guedas, Zaha, Lozano,
ST - Cutrone, Fiete Arp, Maxi Lopez, check out loan list- Origi was an option and could do a job for first season