Tottenham Hotspur - Reviving the Lilywhites

TheMaestro

Reaction score
Tottenham Hotspur - Reviving the Lilywhites
Tottenham Logo.PNG

Tottenham Hotspur are most certainly a club with potential but despite all the good work of Mauricio Pochettino with the club, before he struggled before his sacking, the club has never been able to win a trophy of major note. Jose Mourinho was appointed and although he has improved them, notably with a 2-0 win over Manchester City, they still don't look like the trophy winning side which they are so capable of developing into over a few season.

I arrive at the club with the aspiration of changing that and bringing success from Day 1 through until the end. Regarding my Everton save, I'm afraid that major issues with my game again hampered my ability to play through a save. I had made a backup file for this save after the same happened with Newcastle but I couldn't access any of my saves. Following a reinstallation, the game seems to be running smoother and I've decided to persist and write another story.

Tottenham are also a club who have much intrigued me to manage on FM20. I gave them serious consideration when they offered me the job during my Everton save, and although ultimately turning them down, they were still firmly in the back of my mind as an option to look at later. I'm happy to take on the challenge, and while I'm disappointed about the outcome of the Everton save, I do hope that you understand and support me throughout this one. Regarding the database, I updated it to one midway through the January window, meaning I have some new transfers included. For example, Gedson Fernandes is at the club but Steven Bergwijn is not and Danny Rose remains at the club.

Thanks for reading - hope you enjoy!

June 25th 2019
'First Day On The Job'

Photo.PNG

Daniel Levy introduced me to the squad immediately. We've a decent squad but there are areas for improvement. I'd like to address that I won't be signing Steven Bergwijn this summer at least as he doesn't suit the position which I really need. I will however, attempt to sell both Christian Eriksen and Danny Rose. I'm selling Eriksen because he won't sign a new contract, just like in real life, and I want to cash in on him, while Danny Rose is a player I don't want regardless.

Levy wants me to play attacking football, sign players under 22, play possession football, sign English players, develop players through the youth system, not sign players over 30 and finally to play entertaining football. A lot of expectations, most of which I feel that I can fulfill, maybe not immediately but soon. The board also wanted me to reach the FA Cup Final, finish in a UEFA Champions League spot and reach the Round of 16 in that competition.

Our top youngsters outside of the first team are Juan Foyth, Jack Clarke, Oliver Skipp and Cameron Carter-Vickers. The aim is to harness the youth through the save and with players like Kyle Walker-Peters and Troy Parrott in the first team as well, we should be more than capable of doing that. I'm massively excited to begin proceedings at the club and will fill you in in greater depth on the squad in the next episode.

The Return
TH Stadium.jpg

Hello, it has been a long while since I last posted anything on here and I apologize for that but with the current situation I will try to get back to updating. However, my time away hasn't stopped me playing through this save. I am currently in 2025 and I will reveal that I am still without a Premier League! It is difficult to win with other clubs strengthening as well and Spurs trophy phobia is slowly being overcome. I will have 1 season per post from the beginning to go over how the story has panned out so far. Hope you enjoy - thank you!

Last edited:
Season 1 - 2019/20 - Tottenham Hotspur
League Table 2019-20.PNG

The first season at Spurs went ok. I finished where I was expected to, but at the halfway stage things were in a dire situation. The board scheduled a meeting with me as I was around 9th but a strong second half of the season saved me job and we comfortably achieved Champions League qualification in the end. In the Champions League, we made it to the semi-finals after some tense games, beating Liverpool before being eliminated by Atletico Madrid. We made the Carabao Cup final but lost and exited early in the FA Cup final.

Elsewhere, Manchester City stormed to the title, while my rivals Arsenal, fell to a lowly 11th spot, meaning that Bournemouth secured a 6th placed position in an amazing season for them. Crystal Palace were close to avoiding the drop, while Aston Villa and Newcastle both endured tough seasons from the beginning all the way until the end. City also took home the Champions League, Manchester United won the Carabao Cup and Liverpool won the FA Cup.

Transfers
Season 1 Transfers.PNG

We had a massive first transfer window, selling a ton of first team players and many may have questioned my methods, but for the most part it worked. We lost out on some experience but a young squad grew into the season well and by the end of it, Spurs had finished 4th, a solid beginning all things considered. One main theme I've had across at Spurs so far was to flesh out the older players and replace them with youngsters.

Player of the Season: Alex Grimaldo
Young Player of the Season: Troy Parrott
Needs Improvement: Son Heung-Min
Worst Player of the Season: Eric Dier

Last edited:
Season 2 - 2020/21 - Tottenham Hotspur
League Table 2020-21.PNG

Season two was an interesting one. It could've been more if not for some off days against lower opposition but after making the massive purchase of Jadon Sancho, he endured a slow first season and we ended up no further than where we were at the end of the previous year. However, what we did do this year was win the Champions League with Spurs!!! Not only an incredible achievement but finally some silverware for Tottenham to enjoy. It was a tense tournament and we actually just about scraped past the group stages, finishing 2nd, but we deserved to win based on our knockout performances.

Transfers
Season 2 Transfers.PNG

I said earlier that I'd signed Sancho for a good bit of money, but he was a bit of a let down in his first season. Alex Grimaldo is an incredible left back by the way so if you need one and you can afford and he is extremely consistent. But we made several huge deals - upgrading on the centre back spot with the big money deal to sign Nikola Milenkovic, a quality first team centre back already with potential to improve. James Maddison cost a lot as well but had a good first season and we picked up a bargain in signing Achraf Hakimi, who goes on to join Grimaldo as one of our best players across the season. Son left for what might look like a small fee but he had an awful season and he value and ability skyrocketed down, leading to me selling him on for under 30 million.

Player of the Season: Alexandr Golovin
Young Player of the Season: Achraf Hakimi
Needs Improvement: Jadon Sancho
Worst Player of the Season: Son Heung-Min

Last edited:
Season 3 - 2021/22 - Tottenham Hotspur
League Table 2021-22.PNG

Our third season saw us finish in 4th yet again! We were close to a higher finish though, losing just three times, as did the winners Manchester United. But in the end we drew too many times, leading to us repeating a similar pattern. Thankfully though we qualified for the Champions League in a tense battle with Chelsea, but as you can see from the FOR section, we didn't score nearly enough goals for a club such as ours could be.

Transfers
Transfers 2021-22.PNG

We spent another good amount of money, most of it on Leon Bailey from Bayer Leverkusen, who'd been tearing it up in the Bundesliga. He was this year's replica of last year's Sancho, although Sancho has been much improved this season so hopefully Bailey will follow his path. The rest of the money was spent on a lot of young players who can develop into first team players. A lot of them are regens who have become decent - I'll profile the best ones when we get up to date with this. In terms of outgoings, there was just the one major deal, with Season 1 signing Ricardo Pereira leaving for just over 40 million. Hakimi took over his spot, and although he was still very good, it was good money for a back-up player so I took it. Juan Foyth also left but he never really got a look in to the team.

Player of the Season: Tanguy Ndombele
Young Player of the Season: Jude Bellingham
Needs Improvement: Leon Bailey
Worst Player of the Season: Dele Alli

Season 4 - 2022/23 - Tottenham Hotspur
League Table 2022-23.PNG

Extremely close to the title! At least we ended our 4th placed hoodoo but we just got edged out of top spot in true Tottenham fashion. We bottled the league with two games to go, being against Brighton and Sheffield United and all we had to do was win both. We drew 0-0 to Brighton and despite winning against Sheffield United 3-2, we'd already bottled it. However, we went on to win the FA Cup Final against Arsenal, but lost the Champions League final, also to Arsenal.
Final 4 Fixtures.PNG

Confirmation of our final 4 fixtures

Transfers
Transfer 2022-23.PNG

A huge transfer window. You might look and see, Kane for 57m??? Alli for 30??? The truth is they were declining early, they weren't performing as high as I'd hoped and I replaced the two of them with new players who are already just as good or even better. Eddie Salcedo is our new striker for a massive fee, while Hamed Junior Traore is a top quality player for CM at just 21. Can't say I'd used him before but he looks amazing to me, again I will profile my best players when we get up to date with the save. I signed a regen, Adebayo Eze, for 104 million. He looks really good as a CM and while it may sound ridiculous, he's been playing regularly in the league for Norwich and turning up very well.

Player of the Season: Jadon Sancho
Young Player of the Season: Achraf Hakimi
Needs Improvement: Victor Mollejo
Worst Player of the Season: Davinson Sanchez

Tanguy Ndombele agrees 5-year-deal
Tanguy Ndombele.jpg

A contract dispute has been resolved this summer as Tanguy Ndombele signs a bumper 5-year-deal at the club. After previous contract dispute, manager Cristian Ferri announced that Ndombele has finally agreed to a deal worth 13.75 million pounds, earning 275 thousand pounds a week. Ndombele has been one of Spurs most consistent players over the 3 seasons, winning the Spurs Player of the Year award two seasons ago.

Three year review
Review.jpg

From the era of these 7 players led by Mauricio Pochettino, 3 years on and none of them remain. An emphatic transformation by Ferri has led to exciting arrivals, but has not brought Tottenham quite as much joy and excitement as they may've hoped for. While they've enjoyed success in the Champions League and FA Cup, the Premier League remains the main goal for Spurs and after two fourth placed finishes, signs of improvement were shown as Tottenham came within a win away from winning the league.

Spurs however, have been a more consistent unit during the course of those three seasons and have played some fantastic football. A technical approach has seen them as the highest possession leaders over the past of the three seasons under Ferri and the odd result of disappointment can let them down, especially last season in the 0-0 draw against Brighton. Eliminate those, and domestic EPL success could well be on its way.

Season 5 - 2023/24 - Tottenham Hotspur
League Table 2023-24.PNG

Close at the top again, but back down to 4th in our 5th season. The massive surprise was that Manchester City finished down in 11th in what was an awful season for them, compounded by us thrashing them 6-0 in the FA Cup Final. We only lost once this year, but the true story of our save has been too many draws, especially in the past two seasons. Manchester United narrowly won the title, in dramatic fashion, with a late Lautaro Martinez winner giving them the title.
FA Cup Final.PNG

Spurs thrash City in the FA Cup Final

Transfers
Transfers 2023-24.PNG

Possibly one of our biggest windows yet. Kevin Rios and Antoine Leconte join for a combined fee of over 200 million pounds. They're two very good regens who have massive potential. Crazy money, but they are worth it. We also signed Moriba and Luis (regen) from Barcelona and the rest of the deals were for youth players who could develop into starters. The big sale was RW Leon Bailey to PSG as he never shone for us as I'd hoped he would and we replaced him with Rios in January.

Season 6 - 2024/25
League Table 2024-25.PNG

After six season of trying, CHAMPIONSSSSSSSS! It was a fully deserved title win and finally we can celebrate the Premier League! In saying that, it brings us to the current date (currently at the 1st of August 2025, soon to start the first game of the new season), meaning that I will be a different form of update which covers less results - I'm still undecided exactly how I'll go about it.
FA Cup Winners.PNG
Club World Cup.PNG

We also won the FA Cup for the 3rd year in a row, and the Club World Cup for the first time!

Transfers
Transfers 2024-25.PNG

As you can probably see, I spent 150 million on Mason Greenwood in January! It's a ton of money but I needed a striker as Eddie Salcedo wasn't devliering. Greenwood has come in and been absolutely amazing. 13 goals and 6 assists in 18 matches for me and he is exactly what I was after. Ronaldo Camara proved a very good signing to replace Golovin who left and Lo Celso also departed after he had a difficult time last year. The rest were wonderkids mainly, some cost a lot but will prove worth it over time.

Player of the Season: Achraf Hakimi
Young Player of the Season: Mason Greenwood
Needs Improvement: Eddie Salcedo
Worst Player of the Season: Paulo Cesar

Player Profiles and Season 7 Update - Tottenham Hotspur
Season 7 Fixtures.PNG

Season 7 is not going our way so far. After winning the community shield and earning a convincing 2-0 win at home against Watford, things were looking positive for a title hold. Since then though, 3 of our first 7 games have been lost, albeit to big teams, but we should be getting results against them in this point of the save. The positive is that we are doing well in the Champions League, and the only trophy that eludes me is the Carabao Cup, which although didn't really bother me at first, would be nice to win and complete a domestic cabinet.

As I am now up to date on here with the save, I thought I would take the opportunity to profile some of my players in the save so far. I will be profiling 3 players per update who have been at the club a while and plan to profile around as much as 30 players (3 per position - not including GK). If I miss any which you would like to see, let me know and I will add more to this. I'll start with the ST position.

For this, I'll be profiling Harry Kane, Eddie Salcedo and Mason Greenwood.

Harry Kane
Harry Kane.PNG
Harry Kane History.PNG

First up is obviously the club legend that is Harry Kane. He was pretty good for me, especially as the save wore on and he came into his prime. You might look at this and think that I sold Kane in his best season for Spurs for just 70 million to a rival. It's true, I did. Why? In his last 9 games or so he failed to scored at all, so he was doing insane prior. Liverpool put in a first offer or more than what he was eventually sold for, and Kane got a bit upset and wasn't the same player, consistently getting a 6.4 or so after that. It's still not a good deal, but might not be as bad as it first sounds.

Eddie Salcedo
Eddie Salcedo.PNG
Eddie Salcedo History.PNG

Kane's replacement was Eddie Salcedo, a young Italian striker shining for Inter Milan in Serie A. I saw his stats and star rating and jumped at the chance to sign a player just as good as Kane for only 24 million more who was near 10 years younger than him. How I wish I'd never done it. Salcedo wasn't a total flop, but he was about the most inconsistent player I'd ever seen for such an elite level! It's typified an example of Season 6, where he, in the matches coming up to the final 5 fixtures, hadn't scored for around 8 games I think. Then he scores 4 against Wolves and in the FA Cup final against Manchester City a couple of weeks later netted a hat-trick. Unfortunately he didn't deliver that often enough and I grew frustrated of his lack of composure with the goal right in front of him. I moved him on for less than I paid, mostly because he was worse than he was when he first arrived here.

Mason Greenwood
Mason Greenwood.PNG
Mason Greenwood History.PNG

Finally is our current striker, Mason Greenwood. A long term target of mine, Greenwood's price was always going to be high but he has been worth every penny spent since his arrival here at Spurs. Greenwood wasn't exactly smashing it at United and one could easily look at his stats and wonder how I could've possibly thought splashing 152 million pounds on him was a good idea. I knew it was monumental figures, but I looked at his stats, his star rating, I looked at Salcedo missing another 1-on-1 against Grimsby Town (probably) and decided to do it. I had to have a striker who could score, and boy can Mason Greenwood do that. He's been phenomenal for me and is a provider as well. The exact player I needed to replace Kane, just a few seasons later than I'd hoped for.

Transfers
Transfers 2025-26.PNG

Possibly our biggest window yet. A lot of major players sold such as Ruben Dias, Andre Onana and James Maddison and maybe even Salcedo. A big English based rebuild and I thought that our squad was looking very decent. Clearly our form suggests otherwise but let's hope that we can turn it around and at least get a Top 4 spot. The starting 11 has remained intact though, and it is them letting us down, rather than the youngsters. Maybe the loss of key figures in the dressing room hurt us but we've still got a number of leaders.

Edit: I just realised how well Salcedo has started at Madrid!​

Great to have caught up. Been a good little rid with Spurs and glad you won your first Championship.

Looking forward to seeing how the new look squad does.

Great to have caught up. Been a good little rid with Spurs and glad you won your first Championship.

Looking forward to seeing how the new look squad does.
Thanks for your response mate, I can say that it hasn't exactly gone to plan but there has been some good points of it too!

Season 7 Update #2 and LW Profiles
Next Fixtures.PNG

Since we left off, the situation looked like improving since we lost to Manchester United, but it dropped a bit with the last two fixtures in the month of November. However, another rival defeat at the hands of United was a bitter pill to swallow. We scraped a couple of wins in the Premier League before battering Everton and Fulham, only to draw to Leicester. I still can't pinpoint where its all gone wrong this year but hopefully we can still make top four.

The next position I'll be profiling is the left wing spot. For this one, I'll show Son Heung-Min, Jadon Sancho and Victor Mollejo. Mollejo is a natural RW and LW but I put him here as he has been an important player for us at times and I have 3 others right wingers which are worth profiling so I put him here.

Son Heung Min
Son Heung-Min.PNG
Heung-Min History.PNG

We start with Tottenham fan favourite Son Heung-Min. Truth be told it just didn't work between us overall and you can see that from the second season he had with us. The fact that his next move was Everton rather than Barcelona who were interested in the summer tells the story. He had a pretty good first season at the club but fell off a cliff after I rejected the offer from Barcelona. He left for a miniscule 26 million in the end and it was a case of what might've been for me and Son at Spurs.

Jadon Sancho
Jadon Sancho.PNG
Sancho History.PNG

Jadon Sancho is an enigma. He's a star player and been one of my best at times but if you look at his form, he's not been as good as he could be. First season he came and was poor and he's improved since, but this season he's been ravaged by injury and overall I don't know what I think of him. I think he was worth the 86 million I paid for him but overall I expected a little more. He's still yet to hit his peak though and on his day he's amazing. Let's hope he has more of those days.

Victor Mollejo

Mollejo.PNG
Mollejo History.PNG

Ahhh Victor Mollejo. He's leaving us because we're in a bit of a financial crisis in truth and have to sell a few players. However, he's been a little bit of a gem for me as a back-up for the three attacking positions which has given me some vital depth. He's never been incredible but has entailed everything I wanted when I bought him and hopefully he goes on to perform well back in Spain.

Season 7 Review and Manager Update
Season 7 Table.PNG

We had a massive second half of Season 7 to recover our poor form and finish in a respectable 3rd place. As the story always seems to be, we drew a lot of times, and we still could convert our chances a little better even being 7 seasons in. Liverpool ultimately won the league by 6 points over Arsenal and at the other end, Everton had a terrible season while Norwich, who'd been overachieving in the division for 6 seasons, succumbed to relegation. West Brom had a terrible season while Man City sacked Carlo Ancelotti.

FA Cup x UCL.PNG

We recovered to win the FA Cup for the 4th time in a row and also our second Champions League!!!

I thought something to do this time (player profiles will return next post) was a review of the current Premier League managers and major clubs and nations. I'll also list the clubs who are newly promoted into the league's managers, which are Derby, Huddersfield and Crystal Palace.

Current PL Clubs
Liverpool - Masimilliano Allegri
Arsenal - Marcelo Bielsa
Tottenham - This one's me!
Manchester United - Diego Simeone
Manchester City - Sergio Coenceicao
Chelsea - Unai Emery (will make Arsenal fans upset that he's doing an ok job)
West Ham - Graeme Murty
Brighton - Patrick Vieira
Newcastle - Cristian Bucchi
Southampton - Sean Dyche
Bournemouth - Andriy Shevchenko
Wolves - Stefano Pioli
Leicester - Raplh Hassenhuttl
Watford - Jess Thorup
Fulham - Denis Silva
Everton - Danny Cowley
Sheffield United - Chris Wilder (the only manager still in his original job!)
Norwich (Relegated) - Jean-Louis Leca
Burnley (R) - Vincent Kompany
West Brom (R) - Graham Potter

Newly Promoted Clubs
Derby - Nigel Adkins
Huddersfield - Roberto Martinez
Crystal Palace - Jean-Louis Garcia

Major Clubs
Bayern Munich - Julian Nagelsmann
Borussia Dortmund - Fernando Dimiz (no idea who this is?)
Juventus - Senol Gunes
Inter Milan - Mauricio Pochettino (he's been here ever since I replaced him at Spurs)
Real Madrid - Michael Laudrup
Barcelona - Roberto Mancini
Atletico Madrid - Marcelino
PSG - Pep Guardiola

Major Nations
England - Paco Jemez (can't say I see this one happening)
Brazil - Gilson Kleina (who?)
Argentina - Eduardo Coutet (who??)
Germany - N/A
Spain - Jagoba Arrasate (what is it with these unknown international managers?)
France - Christophe Pelissier (who???)
Italy - Vincenzo Montella
Holland - Peter Bosz

Where are some famous managers?
Jose Mourinho - Olympique Marseille
Jurgen Klopp - FC Porto
Carlo Ancelotti - AC Milan
Didier Deschamps - Real Sociedad
Antonio Conte - Atalanta
Ole Gunnar Solksjaer - Tottenham U-18's Coach (Not famous but I had to include it!)

A personal note, though. My Norwich save isn't going to plan. I can't find myself really enjoying too much outside this save because I love this one so much, so I guess I'll just keep doing this (maybe at some point I'll move clubs; who knows?)

Tottenham Hotspur - RW Profiles and Season 8 Transfers
Lucas Moura.jpg

Lucas Moura couldn't reproduce his UCL heroics for me and therefore doesn't get profiled here

As Season 8 gets underway, I've taken to the opportunity to profile our best RW"s of the save. This will show James Maddison (he's actually a LW so essentially Mollejo from the last set of profiles should swap with him), Leon Bailey and Kevin Rios. The RW spot had often been one where we couldn't make it right, with Lucas Moura doing poorly at the beginning of the save but eventually the massive arrival of Kevin Rios has steadied that position perfectly well.

James Maddison
James Maddison.PNG
Maddison History.PNG

A good player for the most part for us was James Maddison. As I said he's not actually a RW at all but I realised after I posted earlier that he should've swapped with Mollejo who was profiled earlier and he was a RW. Regardless, he was a key player for a number of seasons, proving himself a free-kick specialist with some brilliant efforts. However, his productivity rate declined a bit later on and he found himself on the fringes of the starting XI, meaning that I sold him off to AS Monaco for close to 50 million. He had a good season there and provided numerous goals and assist for us during his time here.

Leon Bailey
Leon Bailey.PNG
Bailey History.PNG

Leon Bailey was an interesting one. I may not have given him the credit he deserves for delivering a number of assists, but for the high price tag I paid for him, he didn't deliver as I'd hoped. In the end I think it was decent business for me to move him on for a similar price to that of which I bought him for, although he has been tearing it up in France for PSG. He had a similar story to Jadon Sancho as he didn't quite meet the high expectations I'd set for him, but has still been a decent player overall.

Kevin Rios
Kevin Rios.PNG
Rios History.PNG

One of my personal favourite players if not my favourite is Kevin Rios. This man is such a good player and has been consistently delivering where Moura and Bailey both had failed at points. Rios is so technically gifted and he's used that ability so well to become one of the world's best players at the age of just 23. Pundits and fans may have said I took a massive risk by splashing 125 million on this guy but he has been worth every single penny of that fee. Unless something goes horribly wrong, he'll be here for a long time to come and insert himself into Tottenham folklore.

Transfers
2026 Window.PNG

I honestly believe this was one of our best windows yet in terms of financial status. The club was in debt so I had to be clever this window to financially secure the club while still making some smart moves. The first one was to sell Victor Mollejo, my versatile back-up for around 40 million and then I replaced him with the equally versatile Callum Hudson-Odoi who was transfer listed at Manchester City and is already a better player. I sold a number of young players who were out on loan last season, Hector Pierce, Mark Ender and Thomas Hansen, whose potential wasn't that high anymore for good money as well. The best deal I think I made was to sell my ST Keith Stacey for almost 50 million. He was a high potential player and I didn't offer him out, but Brighton came in with a good offer and I got them up to a massive fee for a 2 1/2 striker who played just twice for us. His replacement was a familiar face, Troy Parrott, who left the club for just 20 million a couple of seasons ago, but has gone on to be what I had hoped he would at the start of the save. I take a decent sized loss on him but he comes in to be similar ability wise to Greenwood and help out squad depth as well. Our other signings was Thomas Sadlo a back-up GK, who was an absolute bargain (3 star CA, 5 star PA),Jamie Smithson-Connelly, a young RB and Valentin Morel, a young CAM.

(y)First chance I've had to read this from start to finish. impressive save so far, unlucky only having 1 epl to your name but im sure the fans loved it. Big changes indeed, no usual spurs players left by the looks of it with all the big hitters you would call the current stars of spurs all leaving. noticed you've signed a lot of good young superstars so im guessing when you finally do get one or two years on top you'll only build and build and eventually dominate the game!

(y)First chance I've had to read this from start to finish. impressive save so far, unlucky only having 1 epl to your name but im sure the fans loved it. Big changes indeed, no usual spurs players left by the looks of it with all the big hitters you would call the current stars of spurs all leaving. noticed you've signed a lot of good young superstars so im guessing when you finally do get one or two years on top you'll only build and build and eventually dominate the game!
Many thanks for your comment mate. I'm hoping that we can keep building and eventually dominate although there are some crazy good wonderkids in this save so it will interesting - plus I haven't had a large transfer budget for a few seasons.

Tottenham Hotspur - CAM Profiles
Ronaldo Camara.jpg

It's been quite a while since I updated this and I apologise for that. The reason is simple, I haven't played much since and just wanted a bit of a break but I'm back into the thick of the save and should finish Season 8 in a couple of days. I thought that I would have a brief update showing my best/or most famous attacking midfielders over around 7 seasons or so.

The three CAM's I will display are Dele Alli, Alexandr Golovin and Ronaldo Camara.

Dele Alli
Dele Alli.PNG

Alli Statistics.PNG

I'll be honest, this guy was a total flop. I think the fact that he spent the prime of his career and had his only good season playing in the Championship says it all. A player who always had big expectations never lived up to it and only sparkled on a few occasions for me, never performing consistently enough for him to be kept around. A real disappointment and he'll be hoping his real life career does not take a similar turn.

Alexandr Golovin
Alexandr Golovin.PNG
Golovin Statistics.PNG

Alexandr Golovin was pretty much the opposite of Alli - he was a good player. He was consistent but maybe his stats didn't always back that up (for example in Season 3, when he only contributed to 4 goals in almost 30 games). Maybe you could say I shouldn't have sold him on for just 45 million (especially after his best season) but he was an unfortunate casualty as I looked towards younger players.

Ronaldo Camara
Ronaldo Camara.PNG
Camara Statistics.PNG

That brings me to my current CAM, Ronaldo Camara. He is a bit of a Mesut Ozil type player, in that his work ethic isn't always the greatest despite having a decent work rate (14 out of 20). He has a certain languid style but it usually works. He is a very efficient players and usually only needs a scarce involvement to be able to conduct his role. He has been worth the 61 million I paid as he is the kind of player who can pop up at any time and turn his performance from a poor one to a good one.

That is all for now - it is probably fair to say that CAM hasn't been our best position, but Camara has probably been my favourite.

Last edited:
Tottenham Hotspur - Season 8 Review
League Table.PNG

Once again it has been too long since I last updated this, but I will endeavor to release a frequent update. What I can say is, though, is that Season 8 should've been our second title. We bottled a title earlier in Season 4, where a 0-0 draw to Brighton on Matchday 37 cost us the title. It was worse this time around. We didn't win a single trophy as we didn't make it to the final in any competition, but I honestly thought we were on track to win. After beating Arsenal 3-0 on Matchday 37 we were in prime position and all we had to do was get a single point against 9th placed Leicester to win the title.

So what happened?
Final Two Fixtures.PNG

After what was potentially our best result of the season, we followed up with our worst and bottled the title. I stormed out, didn't even bother going to the team talk let alone attending a press conference. We'd been really good again and to lose like this is so frustrating. We should have 3 Premier League trophies to our name but instead we have just one.

Season 9 Transfers
Transfers.PNG

We had a takeover prior to the window, but by a consortium rather than a tycoon, although he still invested some money into the club.

A mediocre window. We spent 110 million on a left-back to finally replace Grimaldo and 99 million on a centre back to replace Milenkovic, who left for half that to join Barcelona at 29 years of age. I wouldn't usually pay this much for players in such positions but quality and young LB's and CB's were a bit of a rarity in the save and only a few had an interest in joining. Our final signing was Roberto Vlademir, another young Brazilian who looks very good for his age.

Sam Binch #2.PNG

Our best signing was Sam Binch, a 4 star 20-year-old midfielder whose relegation release clause was activated after Derby went down. He had an incredible season with them but couldn't save them all by himself. He has all the potential to be the next Frank Lampard.

His combination of goals and assists can only be a positive for the team...
Sam Binch.PNG

Onto the outgoings, and there are a few I wasn't particularly happy with. Due to some ongoing financial problems, not helped by the fact we spent over 200m on two defenders, we had to sell a few players. Our squad is not overly deep, so I had to sell a few of our promising youngsters to balance the books. Adam Flynn was the hardest one to do as he'd been one of my personal favourite youngsters and was English, but ultimately I had two RB's better than him so I decided to let him go. John Proud, Keiran Anderson, Valdo, Anthony Thomas and James Benson were all promising too, but I let them go as their potential was good, but not incredible and it did provide some decent cash flow.

At the conclusion of that, we now have a very good bank balance and our finances are stable again.