Tottenham Player Instructions - Team help?

dannyboy91uk

Reaction score
Hello I am Tottenham Hotspur on 9.3 and I will be honest, I am using the Ice Tactic because I find the tactic very good for value on my positioning without attacking wingers but at the moment I am really struggling, and I am blaming it on the player instructions and maybe the team instructions.

Im about to start my 2nd season not bought any further acquisitions yet, but it's just a nightmare to get good performances from my squad, It really winds me up that in my first season I didn't have much of the ball and kept conceding stupid goals, most of my shots came from the Centre midfielders, my strikers didnt do to much and it's really hurt my squad and I think I will soon have really unhappy players once clubs start trying to make me accept a deal. I am currently heading to August not played a friendly yet.

On the previous patch (Even though many say there are ever so slight changes between 9.2 and 9.3) I seem to be struggling alot more on 9.3 with the tactic I am using I don't really want to give up on this tactic because it's a tactic I like using but if I understood the instructions on my players I could be up near the top of the table.

I had sent 1 messages recently about my Manchester City team in private message and I got a few decent tips on players but not tactics, but that's just another saved game of mine nothing to do with this one.

I don't know if this is just a glitch or just a consequence for Tottenham's spending in real life in January but my starting budget was 0 pence to spend even when I set my target has winner so I had to sell David Bentley/Aaron Lennon/Jermaine Jenas and others to accomadate my targets for certain positions.

This is my first team (Starting 11):

Gomes GK

Johnathan Woodgate/Vedran Corluka/Ledley King - CB

Srna/Bale RWB - LWB

Lorik Cana/Palacios - CM

Luka Modric - AM

Vagner Love/Roman Pavlyuchenko

This is the exact same player information I give with my Manchester City team which also struggled for some strange reason with far better players.

Player Information:

CB:
Thcb

RWB - LWB:
thrwblwb

CM Defensive:
thcm

CM Attacking:
thamcm

AM:
tham

Right ST:
thrst

Left ST:
thlst

Squad 11:
thsquad11

Team Instructions:
thteaminfo

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I know there is quite alot of clicking open to open the images I don't know how to give a direct thingy :D. I hope somebody will take there time and make a post for me which can help me do better. Thank You.

I would just like to point out I understand I sometimes have to change my tactic and I have read the tactic guide which says sometimes play direct or play through the middle instead of playing with width but I still struggle. Just thought I would mension that before somebody says there isnt a great tactic or something.

In the game it said that Direct passing works best at a fast tempo so maybe tweak those settings so you maintain possession better.

In my Spurs game Modric simply can't play in the centre of the field, he just doesn't perform there. He is performing much better on the left wing.

If you go into his player interactions list think you might be able to tell him to stop drifting to the left of midfield. Pretty sure I have seen that option. You might get better performances out of him then.

also when possible make modric ur captain
wen i did at the start of the season the team thanked me for it and it made him perform better then wen i tryed him in other seasons