Tottenham v Everton Match Thread (12:45 Sat)

• Thread starter Thread starter Stann
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 36
  • Views Views 2K

Who to win?

• Spurs

Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Everton

Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Draw

Votes: 6 21.4%

• Total voters

Stann

please stay StevieP! <3
Reaction score
Tottenham - Everton Preview: Rafael van der Vaart returns after Champions League suspension as Leon Osman and John Heitinga miss out

TEAM NEWS

Tottenham

Harry Redknapp may revert to a 4-4-2 formation at home after playing a lone striker against Fulham and Inter, while Rafael van der Vaart returns to the side after being suspended from Champions League duty.

There are still injury concerns surrounding Ledley King and Younes Kaboul, so the central defensive pairing of William Gallas and Sebastien Bassong may continue.

Jermain Defoe, Jamie O'Hara, Jonathan Woodgate and Michael Dawson are still out.

Probable starting XI: Gomes; Hutton, Gallas, Bassong, Assou-Ekotto; Van der Vaart, Huddlestone, Modric, Bale; Crouch, Pavlyuchenko.

Everton

David Moyes will be forced to make changes to the side that beat Liverpool on Sunday, as John Heitinga has a calf muscle strain and Leon Osman has been ruled out for six weeks with an ankle injury.

Marouane Fellaini, Steven Pienaar, Jack Rodwell and Victor Anichebe are unlikely to return until at least November, though striker Louis Saha is nearing a return to fitness.

Probable starting XI: Howard; Hibbert, Jagielka, Distin, Baines; Coleman, Neville, Arteta, Bilyaletdinov; Cahill; Yakubu.

Spurs learning to battle on all fronts

Tottenham can at least temporarily climb to as high as second with a victory over Everton in the Premier League's early kick-off on Saturday.

If Harry Redknapp's side want another Champions League challenge, the likes of which they faced against Inter on Wednesday next season, they need to dig their heels into the top four once again.

Everton have also been fancied as Champions League contenders in the past, but two consecutive slow starts have damaged their chances of disrupting the Premier League's elite clubs, as they have done once before.

Goals in store at White Hart Lane

David Moyes' side have corrected their poor form of late though, having taken seven points from a possible nine in their last three games, with the all-important Merseyside derby victory over Liverpool fresh in the memory.

Everton will not be fazed by the trip to White Hart Lane either; though they lost 2-1 in north London last season, they came close to rescuing a point from the game in a thrilling encounter, with the loss breaking an impressive run of three consecutive wins on their travels to face Spurs.

Tottenham fans too will have fond memories of facing Everton at home. This contest has wielded a feast of goals in the past as debutant Dean Marney dominated Moyes' side in a 5-2 win on New Year's Day 2005, while the year before, a Robbie Keane hat-trick helped Spurs to a dramatic 4-3 victory. Brace yourselves...

I'm very upset you stole this thread from me. :'(

I predict Tottenham 1 - 2 Everton after our tiring game against Inter, playing 10 men for near enough the entire 90 minutes.

I'm very upset you stole this thread from me. :'(

I predict Tottenham 1 - 2 Everton after our tiring game against Inter, playing 10 men for near enough the entire 90 minutes.
That's what I predicted when I wrote on ur wall yesterday mate! Modric and VDV will be fresh though!

Gareth Bale hat trick :D? ahahah Spurs 2-1
Haha I am scared of him, hopefully good old Hibbo will have him under his belt.

---------- Post added at 06:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:53 PM ----------

2-0 everton Mikel Arteta and Timmy Cahill
Same result as last week, same scorers.

That starting line up will not be ours.

Harry's said that Palacios will play, so can see him playing

Gomes, Hutton, Gallas, Bassong, BAE, Lennon, Palacios, Modric, Bale, VDV, Crouch.

Will probably rest the Thudd after Inter.

Wouldn't surprise me if Bale was rested either, and Kranjcar took his place.

He looked exhausted.

3-3
Don't know about scorers, but I think it will be one of the best matches of the year.

2-1 Everton, Yak x2, if yakubu's up for it you are officially ****** :P

Wouldn't surprise me if Bale was rested either, and Kranjcar took his place.

He looked exhausted.
i cant see bale playing either, he was out on his feet at the end

Last minute fitness test on Arteta to take place.

Back