Tottenham v Everton Match Thread (12:45 Sat)

• Thread starter Thread starter Stann
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 36
  • Views Views 2K

Who to win?

• Spurs

Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Everton

Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Draw

Votes: 6 21.4%

• Total voters
Interesting to see Spurs scored pretty much straight conceding again, just like they did against us.

Full-time: Tottenham 1 - 1 Everton

I am pleased with the result. I was expecting a lethargic performance and a 2 - 1 loss to accompany it after our mid-week game against Inter.

Modric looked much more impressive this week, which I am pleased about. Bale was good as usual, though I would have loved him to have slotted it across goal when he took the header off-target.

Overall, pleased. :)

Good result for both teams.

Now, let's crack on with the big games. ;)

Yeah I'm happy with the result, more so if Spurs goal hadn't come from a mistake.

Shame to see Yak limp off when he's just starting to find his form.

Spurs are different team in second half. Modric was good, and Sandro looked good too. He can only get better. Why was Bale shifted to right side when he is superb on the left side. I think that was a tactical mistake.

For Everton jagielka was very good. Without Arteta and Fellaini, this is very good result for Everton.

I felt all the 50-50 decisions went in Everton's favor. not saying Ref was biased but he got few calls wrong.

it may be a bit late but what a free kick by baines best one of the season so far

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tA0G_DDhoCg"]YouTube - Totenham - Everton free kick goal 0-1 Baines 17 [HD][/ame]

Was ace, I've been saying all season he should be on set-pieces Arteta's have been very poor.

Watched the game, thought Spurs were unlucky not to win. Thought Sandro looked great when he came on, Bale looked tired, but did show some nice glimpses of his skill and touch.

The ref was terrible today, Spurs hardly got anything!

Didn't think that Baines goal was a free kick, looked like Yak dived, fantastic free kick though.

A decent result but we should have won.

Kaboul was ace again :wub:

The ref was terrible today, Spurs hardly got anything!

Didn't think that Baines goal was a free kick, looked like Yak dived, fantastic free kick though.

A decent result but we should have won.

Kaboul was ace again :wub:

Good analysis. Spot on :)

I don't think you should have won at all. Only reason you came out of the game with a point was because of a Howard howler. And no the ref wasn't terrible, decisions that you would see going in your favour because you are biased went in our favour. It happens, typical to blame a good performance from Everton on the ref.

Back