Tottenham v Liverpool

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 32
  • Views Views 2K
penalty or no penalty, Spurs were good and liverpool were ****, well done spures u deserved it

Torres seemed totally isolated up front.

Yeah it just wasn't working for him, he still had one or two dangerous opportunities though.

Liverpool should have had a second penalty for sure. I'm a Spurs fan but have no doubt, Ekotto barged Voronin and got none of the ball.

Good overall performance for Spurs and a bad morale hit for Benitez's men.

Yeah, the Ekotto/Voronin 'incident' should have been a second penalty.

However, we should have been 3-0 up at least come half-time, **** happens. I'll take this result any day of the week.

liverpool were absolutly gutless today and i fear for them this season. torres was awfull gerrard didnt have any impact and the defence was a shambles. although its the first game of the season iv been saying all along liverpool have no depth and it showed 2day, they had only voronin a unproven player and benayoun on the bench that had played in the premiership before. now u take utd's chelsea's and arsenal's benches then they have absolutly no chance. im a massive fan of torres abilty but he needs some1 else up their with him he is just getting the **** kicked out of him and loosing the ball every time.

liverpool need another striker another midfielder and another defender other wise i may say it wont be arsenal that will kicked out of the top 4.

torres was totally isolated, this liverpool team i feel is so weak, theres not a chance in **** we're gettin the Prem.
Rafa seriously needs to get a grip, we have 1 striker who can score goals and thats torres and he has no partner upfront and Gerrard is forced to play out of position. We need either an AMC or another striker to play with torres yet Rafa wants another CB? Wtf..
Our bench is a disgrace too, we had i think 3 players who had never played a Prem game before today? Im sure even Hull would have a better bench than that..

Gerrard is Torres' partner. Not sure what team you've been watching for the past two seasons.

Also we have an AMC, an expensive one too, do you not remember that we signed Aquilani recently. We need a new centre back too, at the moment we only have one quality back-up and that's Agger.

Gerrard is Torres' partner. Not sure what team you've been watching for the past two seasons.

Also we have an AMC, an expensive one too, do you not remember that we signed Aquilani recently. We need a new centre back too, at the moment we only have one quality back-up and that's Agger.

liverpool are in trouble mate. aquilani cant and wont replace the massive hole left by alonso. if i said this years ago liverpool arnt a massive threat all the time benitez is manager.

Gerrard is torres' partner thats what gerrards role is for liverpool get foward as much as possible to support torres making runs to split the two centre backs give torres an better chance for an run on goal..just that gerrard and torres had an off day..

Im worried about babel tho..i'm happy that liverpool beat us to babel when you lot signed him if we signed him god knows what would of happened to arsenal..i think benitez should offload him quickly and bring in an another player.

hes truly not good enough for an top four side not for me anyway.

yes but by partner i mean a natural striker, ie Rooney+Berb Drogba+Anelka etc
That would take weight off Gerrard and let him roam around and take pressure off letting him play to full potential. Babel is a clown, he should have been sold a long time ago

That would take weight off Gerrard and let him roam around and take pressure off letting him play to full potential. Babel is a clown, he should have been sold a long time ago

yer agree if liverpool can get a striker to do the dirty work for torres then they would be a bitter force. imagine torres and drogba together lol.

Not as easy as it is saying it..

if liverpool get a new striker to partner torres they wouldnt or couldnt play 4231 style..

liverpool's current 11

Reina
Johnson carragher skrtel insua
mash lucas
Kuyt gerrard babel
torres..

mash and lucas as holding midfielders and kuyt and babel as wingers gerrard as attacking mid and torres upfront on his own..this suits a more 'through the middle'

but as ohmygawdzz said if rafa benitez brings in an new striker to partner torres wouldnt liverpool have to switch to 442? no affence to liverpool and its fans but if you look at the liverpool squad theres only one decent winger in the team thats riera..kuyts not natural and babel is ****.

442 favours a team with quality wingers on both flanks and thats what liverpool lack so its best if they stick to 4231 stated above it suits them more.

current 11 should be-

Reina
johnson carragher skrtel insua
mash aquilani
kuyt gerrard riera
torres.

pretty strong squad if aquilani is decent he can play in a more advanced role to alonso's just abit foward giving gerrard a option.

as im an arsenal fan i dont know liverpool inside out so its best if zebedee or lee come into this and see what they think..but thats my opinion.

Yeh Babel did abosultly nothing to be honest, Benayoun did better when he came on.

If you actually look at both sides man for man, Spurs have more quality in most positions except Gerrard & Torres, + much better quality on the bench aswell

i do rate maschrano more then huddlestone and placious also carragher is much better then bassong and king and woodgate and dawson but they do have some great young talent all the way throught the squad

I still think Liverpool need an out and out Right Winger, Kuyt's alright down there but he's not a natural.
Pennant obviously wasn't strong enough, Gerrard's needed in the middle and Babel's miles better on the left.
In my opinion that's the only position that they're lagging in.

Back