Jamo23

Reaction score
I'm trying to find different ways of raising the profits of my club. I've brought them up from the lower leagues to winning the Prem 5 times in a row. Despite this, my balance is only £30million which means I can't go on a big spending spree (as I need to spend a lot because my best players are gettting on).

I've tried everything I can think of. I've set a wage cap of £100,000p/w on all my players. I've sold any players worth £10mil+ who weren't in my starting XI and got replacements for cheaper and on lower wages. I've expanded the stadium many times (still only on about 34,000 and don't have the option to ask for a new one). I've got feeder clubs in other countries which are meant to give merchandising benefits, but haven't seen any real difference.

I'm wondering about taking this further and going on tours to different countries (USA, China) the usual ones that clubs normally go to over the summer. Does this actually give the club any benefits in terms of merchandising or is it just a way of organising 3 friendlies all at once?

I've never seen any real gain to organising tours over a series of friendlies.

As for an aging squad and no real funds, how good are your youth facilities?

Tours are only useful when you go to USA China or Japan.

The only benefit is financial (and some reputation gain; but not much)

Middle east also gets financial benefits, mainly through TV rights

Middle east also gets financial benefits, mainly through TV rights

Thats good news. I'll start organising tours then!

I've never seen any real gain to organising tours over a series of friendlies.

As for an aging squad and no real funds, how good are your youth facilities?

The youth training facilities are alright, youth recruitment is dire and the board refuse most requests to improve it. In all the 21 years i've been managing i've never had a single player come through who looks the slightest bit decent

Thats good news. I'll start organising tours then!

The youth training facilities are alright, youth recruitment is dire and the board refuse most requests to improve it. In all the 21 years i've been managing i've never had a single player come through who looks the slightest bit decent

don't worry about that. i've found that youth facilities only increase the players current ability. i've never had a "good" regen from my own youth, yet players from teams with "worse" facilities have produced world class regens.

Just Organise friendly leagues, and invite the highest rep teams you can and you should gain a few million each time, and if you win morale will be high, thats how i gain some income.

Have you hosted a tournament? Similiar to the one Arsenal host? That gains some financial benefit, but again not alot. Mainly through TV rights and thousands of fans going to the game to boost gate receipts. But I dont think it will gain you millions and millions but worth a go.

Sorry, I meant youth academy, how good is that? I find a youth academy with high stats will produce high PA players, while training facilities will maintain and improve CA.

I never bother working on my own youth stuff, unless I have lots of money sitting around.
You might get 3-4 players in 10 years that will get anywhere close to breaking into your first team, in that time you could fill the top 4-5 teams with top regens.

Sorry, I meant youth academy, how good is that? I find a youth academy with high stats will produce high PA players, while training facilities will maintain and improve CA.

Adequate Youth facilities + Academy

Fairly basic youth recruitment.

Gonna try organising friendly tournaments with my ressies/U18's (which are exactly the same players :p). Cause all the teams who aren't in leagues i've loaded don't seem to play domestic matches. Hopefully they'll play a few friendlies with me