Towns inside manchester!?

man city are the only team in manchester ;)

Yeah that's all of them, although Stockport (which where I'm from) isn't in, the City of Manchester, it's in the borough of Greater Manchester

Yeah that's all of them, although Stockport (which where I'm from) isn't in, the City of Manchester, it's in the borough of Greater Manchester

Same goes for rochdale too where im from, thats just outside of manchester.

so what's your advice mate, i'll add stockport?

well Stockport is on that link, but the title of this thread is a bit misleading.

The title of this thread is "Towns inside Manchester"

Where as the link shows the Towns inside Greater Manchester.

There is only one Manchester... Not Greater Manchester... But THE City of Manchester.

Bolton, Salford, TRAFFORD (LOL XD ), Wigan, Stockport, Bury, Rochdale, Oldham and Tameside are all outside of Manchester.

City Centre (M1)
Moston
New Moston
Hulme
Moss Side
Miles Platting
Ancoats
Newton Heath
Gorton
Didsbury
Whythenshawe
Clayton
Fallowfield
Rusholme
Northenden
Harphuray
Ancoats
Ardwick
Chorlton
Levenshulme
Prestwhich
Whitefield
Crumpsall
Cheetham Hill
Blackley
Openshaw
Beswick
Longsight
Whalley Range
Abbey Hey
Burnage
Withington
Baguley

I think that's all of the actual Manchester towns. Hope that's what you were looking for.

Last edited:
There is only one Manchester... Not Greater Manchester... But THE City of Manchester.

Bolton, Salford, TRAFFORD (LOL XD ), Wigan, Stockport, Bury, Rochdale, Oldham and Tameside are all outside of Manchester.

City Centre (M1)
Moston
New Moston
Hulme
Moss Side
Miles Platting
Ancoats
Newton Heath
Gorton
Didsbury
Whythenshawe
Clayton
Fallowfield
Rusholme
Northenden
Harphuray
Ancoats
Ardwick
Chorlton
Levenshulme
Prestwhich
Whitefield
Crumpsall
Cheetham Hill
Blackley
Openshaw
Beswick
Longsight
Whalley Range
Abbey Hey
Burnage
Withington
Baguley

I think that's all of the actual Manchester towns. Hope that's what you were looking for.

yes that's so helpful :) i'll add wigan and the teams i find from these thanks!!!

Just to clear up some confusion over geographical and political definitions.
Manchester is a city so there are no towns inside it per se. The places listed by Blakefish80 are suburbs of that city - ie within the politcal borough.
Many others listed tend to be considered to be in Manchester due to the close proximity, but come under different politcal boroughs, such as Trafford, (which is where Man Utd ground is situated - so technically it's not in Manchester !). If you lived in the borough of Trafford, and were speaking to someone not from the area you'd probably say, genrrally speaking, you were from Manchester nevertheless.
Other places on the initial list, such as Wigan, Rochdale, etc., are towns in the metropolitan county of Greater Manchester (created in the 70's; prior to that Manchester was in Lancashire. Some of the other places were in Cheshire). Residents would typically say they were from the given town name rather than Manchester.
Salford is actually a city in its own right - but again, right next to the City of Manchester.

If you simply want PLACES that are geographically in the county of Greater Manchester, regardless of the political boundaries and definitions of what is a town and what isn't, then the intial list is good although some, such as Stockport, are in Cheshire.

A lot of them places are actually in Wigan. Wigan pwns!