Bucket Hat

Reaction score
"Playin' footy after school, lad?" Jay asked his best mate, Danny. "Course I am." They sat at the back of the classroom, while Mr. Green droned about maths. Danny and Jay were 14 year old lads from Toxteth, they had one love in life, football. For their age they were very good players, both played in the South Liverpool Youth League and were the two best players in the league, by all accounts.

When Saturday came then used to go to Anfield, never went in but they would just hang around outside. With a football, playing to the sound of the crowd cheering and singing. They both supported Liverpool but never got to watch them, couldn't afford it. "I wish we could go and sit in the Kop, don't you, Danny?" Jay said, while gazing up to the stand. "I know lad, don't worry, we'll be playin' there soon." they both laughed and carried on passing each other the football.

When Sunday came they would play for their local team, Toxteth Youth. Jay was a left winger and Danny was a striker. This particular sunday they were playing Childwall at home. Toxteth won the match 3-0, Jay scored two and Danny scored one. That sort of thing happened most games, Toxteth relied on Danny and Jay massively. Danny and Jay walked home, "Arr, lad, me boots are killin' me feet" Jay had an old, battered pair of boots that were probably too small. He couldn't afford any others. They got to Danny's house first, "Inabit lad, see yer tomorrow".. "See ya' mate". 5 minutes down the road and Jay got to his house, he opened the front door and went inside. It was dark, messy and smelly as usual. He went straight upstairs, put his bag down and went downstairs again and into the front room and his heart dropped. His mum was led on the couch, with a needle hanging out of her arm and sick round her mouth. He instantly knew she was dead. Jay didn't know how to feel, she had always put heroin before her son. He tried to hide it, even his best mate Danny didn't know she was a smackhead.

5 minutes later there was an ambulance and police car outside. The paramedics came rushing in, they stopped rushing when they saw her. She was stone dead. Jay put his hoody on and left the house.