TheDoc1988

Reaction score
So after my first season with United, I sold Rooney, RVP and didn't sign Falcao. I felt their wages were too high and injury prone, and felt there was better for cheaper, and more longterm.

I started my second season promoting Angel Henriquez to the first team, and also retaining Hernandez from his Madrid loan. I signed Ricardo Zikovic and in January also brought in Luka Jovic as a more longterm striker.

I sold Henriquez after he became restless. He is a goalscorer, and thought he would be one for the future, but he wanted games now. So I sold him for a measley €5m.

Hernandez(Chico) has come to the front as my main goalscorer, and doing really well. His value at the start of the season was €7m but now its up around the €25m mark. I splashed 50m in the january window and have Kurt Zouma coming in at €20m in the summer, so want to balance the books.

So my current idea is to cash in on the 27yr old Chico, and look into this Barbosa. Everyone I speak to tells me he is a goalmachine, especially in the F9 position, which I'm using at the moment. I don't think I'll struggle with goals with Jovic and Zikovic, but I like having three good strikers.

Alternative is to sell Chico, promote Wilson from the under 21's and go forward with Zikovic, Jovic and Wilson.

Thoughts?

Barbosa is a goal machine but hey.... Why change a winning tactic if Hernandez is grabbing the goals

I'm in my 4th season on my United save....

Got Barbosa and Wilson as my strikers - both on 30+ goals coming into May!

Aslong as you have both, you're virtually unstoppable :p

I like to have/keep one veteran striker because the youngsters struggle sometimes.
Since you are in the EPL, I would suggest you look into acquiring Lukaku.
He is a powerful striker who will complement your quicker guys.

Barbosa is a guy for the future. Get a Lukaku, Berardi, Alcacer, or a Munir now to score sooner.
Diego Costa or Aboubaker are also great options in the scorers right now mode.

Barbosa scored 30+ goals in his first season on my save! Doesn't need any time to bed in and will score loads if set to Poacher/Advanced Forward