Afcwimbledon2

Reaction score
PRODTHM-640.jpg

Breaking News: Roy Keane resigns, rookie Simon Vale to take over

After being thrashed 4-0 in a friendly against League 1 side MK Dons, Roy Keane has decided to step down as manager of Ipswich Town. He said that he felt Ipswich were going the wrong way, and with just 16 days until the start of the League Season, he was unable to stop a rot that had begun many moons ago.

Simon Vale - a Rugby Union Player, has stepped in. Having never managed a football team, and coaching a youth rugby team in Suffolk, this will be a big ask. He is also a Stowmarket player however to take on this task he will be retiring after the next match. He is also a big fan of AFC Wimbledon - so presume there will be revenge for the "Franchise" beating Ipswich.

78_0_1201341738.jpg

Ipswich Town Friendly Results

So with 1 day left until the football league season kicks off, lets have a look at what rookie manager Simon Vale has done with his few PSF's.

Ipswich Town 2-0 Arsenal Reserves
Goal Scorers: Pablo Counago, Jon Walters

Ipswich Town 2-4 Tottenham Hotspur
Goal Scorers: Shane O'Connor, Jon Walters

Hereford United 0-3 Ipswich Town
Goal Scorers: Luciano Civelli, Jon Walters (x2)​

Simon Vale has not made a single signing, and plans not to until mid-February.

Good luck, I have also just started with Ipswich but haven't done any friendlies or anything yet, i'm going to start later.

3607456029.gif

1 month in on the Vale-era

1 month has passed since Simon Vale walked his team onto the pitch at the Ricoh Arena. His results have been dire to say the least. Lets have a look:

Coventry City 1-0 Ipswich Town
Town Goalscorer(s): None
Attendance: 22910
Date: 8/8/09

Ipswich Town 4-0 Swindon (Carling Cup 1st Round)
Town Goalscorer(s): Jon Walters (x3), Pablo Counago
Attendance: 10369
Date: 11/8/09

Ipswich Town 2-3 Leicester City
Town Goalscorer(s): Jon Stead, Grant Leadbitter
Attendance: 28358
Date: 15/8/09

WBA 2-1 Ipswich Town
Town Goalscorer(s): David Norris
Attendance: 25787
Date: 22/8/09

Ipswich Town 1-4 Norwich City (Carling Cup 2nd Round)
Town Goalscorer(s): Pablo Counago
Attendance: 22151
Date: 25/8/09

Ipswich Town 2-2 Preston NE
Town Goalscorer(s): Jon Stead (x2)
Attendance: 26893
Date: 29/8/09​

End of Month Round Up:
Matches Played: 7
Matches Won: 1
Matches Drawn: 1
Matches Lost: 5
Goals Scored: 9
Goals Conceded: 12

Manager's View:
An abysmal month - capped off with a thrashing by League 1 Norwich. However we've taken a few positives from the Preston Game, and hope to take them on when we play some tougher teams next month like Boro.

---------- Post added at 09:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:57 PM ----------

3607456029.gif

ITFC Monthly Review: September

So the month of September has come and gone, and it has been one of transition. From the abysmal form of August, things have started to pick up. Draws against Boro and Newcastle pinnacles of this.

Middlesbrough 0-0 Ipswich Town
Attendance: 32787
Date: 12/9/09

Ipswich Town 2-2 Nottingham Forest
Town Goalscorer(s): Grant Leadbitter, Jon Stead
Attendance: 21576
Date: 15/9/09

Doncaster 2-0 Ipswich Town
Attendance: 15182
Date: 19/9/09

Ipswich Town 1-1 Newcastle
Town Goalscorer(s): Tamas Priskin
Attendance: 20350
Date: 26/9/09

Sheffield United 0-4 Ipswich Town
Town Goalscorer(s): Pablo Counago (x3), Jon Stead
Attendance: 30245
Date: 29/9/09

End of Month Round Up:
Matches Played: 5
Matches Won: 1
Matches Drawn: 3
Matches Lost: 1
Goals Scored: 7
Goals Conceded: 5

Manager's View:
A lot better. We're playing with some consistency and scoring plenty of goals! Jon Stead has to be my Player of the Month with some stunning goals and being on the scoresheet the most. A mention for Pablo Counago's awe-inspiring hattrick at the end of the month too! For next month we need to turn those draws into wins. And stop conceding so many.

Last edited:
Ooo Ipswich story gonna be following this one, Norwich already thrashed you 4-1 :p

Ipswich Town 1-4 Norwich City (Carling Cup 2nd Round)
Town Goalscorer(s): Pablo Counago
Attendance: 22151
Date: 25/8/09​
Oh god... Disaster! Well, make us proud!My brother started an Ipswich game, and won the Prem 4 seasons in. I'd recommend signing Victor Obinna in the second season... He's an absolute beast. I'll be following! Good luck!

Aghhh!!!! 1-4! :(

Good luck with this mate, this is the first Ipswich story i've seen on this forum so do us proud :D

I think I can do better than the current manager at portman road.

In fact i can see the stadia's floodlights from where I live.

I think I can do better than the current manager at portman road.

In fact i can see the stadia's floodlights from where I live.

Personally I think anyone could do better than Roy Keane -.- There better be improvements this season :p

attachment.php

Tractoring up to the Premier League for Town?
After a very shaky start to his Football Management career, Simon Vale's Ipswich Town have finally hit the form. After holding Newcastle to a shock 1-1 draw before hammering Sheffield United 4-0 at the end of September, they got even better during October. Staying undefeated all through the month. Ipswich's joint-top goalscorer for the month Owen Garvan (scoring 3) said "We've all rallied behind Simon. He's got tactics that work, and play to our strengths. At the rate we're going the Premiership here we come!

Simon Vale - who picked up the manager of the month award for October, felt that he'd get the MotM jinx and didn't want to celebrate it until the end of the season.

Lets see how he got that award:

Barnsley 0-3 Ipswich Town
Town Goalscorer(s): Jon Stead, Owen Garvan, Luciano Civelli
Attendance: 13189
Date: 3/10/09

Ipswich Town 3-1 Swansea City
Town Goalscorer(s): Jon Stead, Pablo Counago, Grant Leadbitter
Attendance: 23148
Date: 17/10/09

Ipswich Town 1-0 Watford
Town Goalscorer(s): Owen Garvan
Attendance: 25299
Date: 20/10/09

Plymouth 2-3 Ipswich Town
Town Goalscorer(s): Alan Quinn, Pablo Counago, Grant Leadbitter
Attendance: 12890
Date: 24/10/09

Ipswich Town 2-0 Derby County
Town Goalscorer(s): Owen Garvan, Grant Leadbitter
Attendance: 27340
Date: 31/10/09

Month's scorers:
Owen Garvan (x3)
Grant Leadbitter (x3)
Jon Stead (x2)
Pablo Counago (x2)
Luciano Civelli (x1)
Alan Quinn (x1)

End of Month Round Up:
Matches Played: 5
Matches Won: 5
Matches Drawn: 0
Matches Lost: 0
Goals Scored: 12
Goals Conceded: 3

Manager's View:
This was brilliant. The tactics worked, the defence pulled their socks up, and we've got a strike force fit for a king. Lets hope we can keep this going through till the end of the year and beyond!

---------- Post added at 10:32 PM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 10:34 PM ----------

bbcsport.2.u.png

Fabio Capello to resign as England Manager
Fabio Capello has shocked the FA after resigning as England Manager effective at the end of the season. He said that the FA was far to shaken with mystery and terror and that he didn't want a part of it.
Stuart Pearce and surprisingly rookie Ipswich Town manager Simon Vale have both shot to the bookie's favourites list. Either way it looks like whoever loses the battle between them will get/keep the U21 place.

Oooooo going for the England job? ;) Good luck lol