Trained at Club Home grown Status

joefrizz

Reaction score
I know that a player can be a trained at club home grown if they trained by your club for 3 years between age 15-21

my question is: if I buy a player when he's 18 and I loan him out for 1 or 2 full season to other club then by the time he's 21 will he become trained at club home grown for my club despite spending most of his time elsewhere ?

I know that a player can be a trained at club home grown if they trained by your club for 3 years between age 15-21

my question is: if I buy a player when he's 18 and I loan him out for 1 or 2 full season to other club then by the time he's 21 will he become trained at club home grown for my club despite spending most of his time elsewhere ?

the answer is 'NO'

the answer is 'NO'

oh ok then how about short spell loan for 1-3 month a season ?

I ask this because I manage Hull and this club don't have any decent HG player to be register for european competition, in my 1st season I had 4 awful players being a passengers in my european squad list just to follow the registration rule, so I bought 17-18yo talented players that I projected to be the future HG player but now in the 2nd season some of them bored always playing in U21 and want to go for loan or else they become unhappy

the answer is 'NO'

Once again, NO.

So for EG: You buy the player at age 18 on 1st Jan 2015, if you look at his "club" home-grown date will be 1st Jan 2018, then you loan him out the same day to another English club, lets say for 1 month only, he returns 1st Feb 2015, now his home-grown "club" date will be 1st Feb 2018 because he missed a month. However because that 1 month away was still in England his "Nation" home grown status will still be 1st Jan 2018 (if you loaned him outside of England that date would have been 1st Feb 2018 too).

Does this make sense?

You need to be careful with buying an 18yr old and loaning him out because depending on when he was exactly born he will only have 3 and a bit years to achieve a "home-grown" status, you loan him out too long and he returns with only 2yrs & 11 months to achieve it, ya farked.

oh ok, that's make sense, thanks

so is accumulated base on how long the player actually spent time in your club and to be home grown it must be 3 years in total before 21, right?

in 1st season I bought Kenedy (18), Rodri Tarin (17), Osman Hadzikic (18), Craig Wighton (17), Kennedy already a regular starter and Hadzikic is a good backup, it's Tarin and Wighton that want to be loan out, but I guess it's ok to loan them out for 1 or 3 months just to make them happy since I signed them when they were 17 I still have a bit of leg room to loan them out

Last edited:
Has anyone figured out a deadline to whether how old player can be maximum to be HG?

Sometimes if I sign a player who's 19, he still gets home grown status. But most of the times they don't. What is the difference?