Training a completely new position.

whenray

Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience of re-training somebody in a completely new position? I'm looking at retraining Davide Santon as an AML and was wondering how long it would take for him to at least be accomplished.

Well you would need to play him consistently and pretty much only in that position, make sure you focus on attributes that will aid in his development for that position, and have the right coaching set up. I would give it a couple seasons though mate, he isn't the most versatile of players.

Id be surprised if after a season of football in that position he wouldn't be classed as 'accomplished'. I reckon a season after a half to 2 seasons in that position would see him become 'natural' to that position. I reckons after all that time though, it'd be pointless to retrain him there - granted he's a decent player, but there's already very good accomplished/natural AMLs out there; unless you have a certain love for the guy, which in that case go for it.

It was born out of me thinking that this is what Newcastle should do with him in real life, but if it's going to take so long and possibly at the expense of the team having him play there until he's accomplished I might not bother. I'm surprised he has absolutely nothing in the aml and amr or even ml and mr slots though.

It was born out of me thinking that this is what Newcastle should do with him in real life, but if it's going to take so long and possibly at the expense of the team having him play there until he's accomplished I might not bother. I'm surprised he has absolutely nothing in the aml and amr or even ml and mr slots though.