Training an ordinary keeper into a sweeper keeper?

playin'fm

Nov 15, 2009
I've made my own schedules to try and train a young GK to a sweeper keeper,but with no success.Any tips on how should I do that?I don't have much money in my team and I prefer not to buy a new keeper tbh.

Raikan007

Feb 6, 2009
you cannot train a keeper to become a sweeper keeper, he either is one or is not :) you would be wasting his PA trying to train him into something he is not :) rather focus on the keepers strengths and get in a sweeper keeper when you have the cash!

Training keepers is difficult to "another role" alot more so than players..

nuzikdude

Jul 31, 2012
to be honest, i always use a sweeper keeper regardless of what it says or who he is. All keepers can do it. Just make sure they can pass!

Falahk

Jun 18, 2011
since the rushing out attribute is very hard to train or change much, id have to agree with Raikan here

Crane

Nov 18, 2010
since the rushing out attribute is very hard to train or change much, id have to agree with Raikan here
It's a funny attribute because a lot of people think it's how good a keeper is at rushing out. However, it's a tendency attribute, like tendency to punch.

Falahk

Jun 18, 2011
It's a funny attribute because a lot of people think it's how good a keeper is at rushing out. However, it's a tendency attribute, like tendency to punch.
yes, but its a very useful tendency for a sweeper keeper to have, it kind of goes hand in hand with the role, I mean whats the point of telling your keeper to rush out when the keepers attribute tell him to ignore your instruction

Crane

Nov 18, 2010
Aye I agree with you there. Better to have a sweeper keeper when you're playing a high defensive line.

adit 99

Apr 4, 2012
it would take forever to train a keeper to another position btw, if there is sweeper keeper i hope FM will make an attacking keeper too like Higuita :p