Training and injured or tired players

hanterp

Reaction score
I manage Rushden and Diamonds and from the beginning I have a lot of injuries.
I started creating my own training schedules. For every line I created one.
Now I am wondering if there is a way to bring down the amount of injuries by using a particular schedule. Did some of you try that?
In my usual schedule the workrate slider is on about 75% (medium) and I normally put the strength slider at 20% of it's maximum. Maybe I should not use strength at all for a very tired or injured players?
With tired players it's hard to decide what to do. The tired player need rest, but at the same time he need to improve his stamina.
I leave the player some matches out of the line-up to give him total rest, but keep him training with the usual schedule.
What are you guys doing in that case?

So here it is: Lot's of questions to be answered ;)

I develop a personal training schedule for each player, and call it by the players name for easy reference. Players that already have a good stamina 12-20 don't need to develop their strength that much so just leave it at low and players that are over 28 years of age don't get much stronger anymore anyway. Resting players works best if you have a 4 day brake between games, set their training schedule to 2-3 days rest, at the end of those 3 days their usual schedule kicks in again automatically. The more strenght training players do the more chance of injury in training.

Yes, making a schedule for every player is something I considered too. It is a lot of work though :)
You wrote about giving a two-day rest if you have a four day brake.
Did you make a schedule with all sliders at none or did you move all workrate-sliders in the schedules somewhat to the left?
I wonder if players do not decrease in attributes giving them two days rest?

In your Squad screen, Right click on a player, go to TRAINING SCHEDULE, at the very top is REST, you may choose whatever is suitable for his condition 1 day if 85% Or plus, 2 days if 75% or plus, 3 days is 75% or below, i have only once used a week of rest, when the player was totally out of it (45%) Condition.
These are the condition to day ratio that i have come to trust in my game.
Players do not learn anything while resting and some may decrease, but giving a player rest is better than developing a super human robot soccer freak. Everyone now and then needs rest. Give it ago......

Just something else to help......Employ good Physios with PHYSIOTHERAPY at 14 or up. Also your coach that is looking after Strength should have a good (14+) rating in FITNESS.