Average Joe

Reaction score
I'm playing as Manchester united and I sold RVP to Barcelona first season and Hernandez to Juventus second season. I bought Gabriel Barbosa to replace them. He has come in the second season in September and just turned 18.

He has been unreal so far. I have set him to play 45 mins for U21s and he has played 20, scored 21 with 8 assists.

In the first team he has also been on fire, playing 18 with 4 sub appearances, scoring 21 and assisting 12!

I have Rooney tutoring him. My problem is I still want Rooney to play and I play 1 up top rotating with Barbosa.

Will having Barbosa play 45 mins for U21s help his development? Never really done it before but I thought if I'm not using him as first team starter then if he at least plays for U21s it will help.

Anyone had him before?

Cheers

Why on earth would you get anybody trained by Rooney? Ambitious personality makes him a no-go. Also, Low Professionalism and very temperamental, I think.. Barbosa is still young, so playing for U21 can't harm his development..

Why on earth would you get anybody trained by Rooney? Ambitious personality makes him a no-go. Also, Low Professionalism and very temperamental, I think.. Barbosa is still young, so playing for U21 can't harm his development..

I see what you mean but I've chosen the option where Rooney will only improve Barbosa for determination and things. Not his PPMs like argues with officials lol

Whats wrong with an ambitious personality anyway? Just means the player is determined, only bad thing about ambitious personalty I can think of is the lower loyalty attribute. But Ive got Barbosa signed until 2019 anyway ;)

He's actually out-playing Rooney so far. Actually, hes been my best player in the games hes played!

Last edited:
I see what you mean but I've chosen the option where Rooney will only improve Barbosa for determination and things. Not his PPMs like argues with officials lol

Whats wrong with an ambitious personality anyway? Just means the player is determined, only bad thing about ambitious personalty I can think of is the lower loyalty attribute. But Ive got Barbosa signed until 2019 anyway
wink.gif

He's actually out-playing Rooney so far. Actually, hes been my best player in the games hes played!

Actually, it's not just Determination that will change. I believe, that if you select the option 'Follow off the pitch', all mental attributes change, but just PPMs don't get carried over. So in essence, Rooney's bad Temperament and low professionalism, along with low sportmanship also get carried over, I think.. Rooney as a tutor is generally a bad idea.

However, if mentoring off the field changes ONLY determination, then probably yeah..

One reason I'm not too fond of a high ambitious personality is that they want to play most games, and you can't rotate or bench them. Also, they tutor very specific kind of people.

Actually, it's not just Determination that will change. I believe, that if you select the option 'Follow off the pitch', all mental attributes change, but just PPMs don't get carried over. So in essence, Rooney's bad Temperament and low professionalism, along with low sportmanship also get carried over, I think.. Rooney as a tutor is generally a bad idea.

However, if mentoring off the field changes ONLY determination, then probably yeah..

One reason I'm not too fond of a high ambitious personality is that they want to play most games, and you can't rotate or bench them. Also, they tutor very specific kind of people.

I see what you mean mate but Rooney has been a bastion of angelic like temperament for me, rarely yellows and never a red!

Oh well will see what happens, next tutor will have to be a saint just to even it out ;)