training just how important is it?

gorilla

Reaction score
Quite new to this game, not doing brilliantly well managing the mighty Liverpool!
I have just left the training as it is, should I be doing a lot more with it and if so what?

If all of this detail is somewhere else on the forum can you plese point me in the right direction?

Many thanks

training is one of the most important parts of fm.
it teaches individual players exactly how you want them to play, and therefore the players will perform better in matches.
i currently use Tugs Training, which boosts stats really well especially in young players, although i do find lots of my players seem to get injured when lifting weights :p

Last edited:
Aye, I've moved from Tugs into individual training programmes. I'm trying to create well-rounded players now, much fewer training injuries as a result.

I allways created my own training scheduals but recently started using Tugs

could you send me a link to tugs training? will it work for a top 4 team?

training is one of the most important parts of fm.
it teaches individual players exactly how you want them to play, and therefore the players will perform better in matches.
i currently use Tugs Training, which boosts stats really well especially in young players, although i do find lots of my players seem to get injured when lifting weights :p

i hav same problem its great but they get injured weight lifting

Turn down strength training a bit if you're seeing a lot of weight lifting injuries.

link to tubs training please???

Thanks for all the help and info, using Tug's training at the moment. Just about won the League in my first season, but lost in the European Cup Final and FA Cup Final. Main problem is that Stevie G keeps getting knackered and by the middle of the second half in a lot of games I have to sub him

Last edited:
Thanks for all the help and info, using Tug's training at the moment. Just about won the League in my first season, but lost in the European Cup Final and FA Cup Final. Main problem is that Stevie G keeps getting knackered and by the middle of the second half in a lot of games I have to sub him

If this is the case the only thing that i can suggest is telling him your going to rest him (i know this can upset the player however, in my Shrewsbury team if the player lists you in their favoured personnel it shouldn't be an issue) and not playing him for 2 matches for him to regain full match fitness.

If this is the case the only thing that i can suggest is telling him your going to rest him (i know this can upset the player however, in my Shrewsbury team if the player lists you in their favoured personnel it shouldn't be an issue) and not playing him for 2 matches for him to regain full match fitness.

Or reduce his intensity of training, or his level of pressing in the tactics being used.

Quite new to this game, not doing brilliantly well managing the mighty Liverpool!
I have just left the training as it is, should I be doing a lot more with it and if so what?

If all of this detail is somewhere else on the forum can you plese point me in the right direction?

Many thanks

I dont, and never have, considered training to be overally important, certainly not to a degree where I go and tweak them for individual players and situations..

I have a general fitness regieme, and then one for goalkeepers, one for defence minded players, a skill training and a shooting training. With a gk and skill for the youth.

I set the slider bars to the same position for each attribute I want to be included and leave it at that, only putting the players in the fitness one when they are injured or at the end of the season.

I set these at the beginning of the game, importing them from the previous version when possible and then never tweak them, and I still do fine.

Training is the most important part of the game. If used properly, players attributes will get better and better, fulfilling their potential. I make my own schedules, depending on what I need(Stamina, Pace etc.), but if you don't know where to start, I would strongly reccomend TUG's training, which is for the first team, and also the youth team, too. If you don't utilise training, your players will be only average, and will never get any better.

training is really imp. should nt be neglected. if you dont wanna create your training schedule. try downloading it. only training can keep your team performing well and increasing your players stats.

Training itself doesn't increase attributes. It maintains them at best. What it does do is allows you to move CA points from one attribute category to another depending on how you focus your training on a player who has maxed out his PA or to prioritise where you want attribute increases to occur from natural increases.

Putting it simply, let's take a young striker (17 years old). If you go with a default training routine, you'll see his natural increases of CA being split fairly widely across all training categories but with a slight focus on categories which are 'traditionally' useful for a striker. If you turn everything else down and increase strength and aerobic training, his natural CA increases will primarily go into those two areas of attributes with a little bit of increase in his striker skills.

With an older player, reducing the training will eventually result in the attribute dropping which decreases his CA, when his CA goes up again then the attribute increases will be focused in whichever training areas you have him focused on.

It basically let's you try to create a player who fits into your team's style of play by changing the priority of where his skill increases will be.

That's a very rough and ready summary of SFraser's findings on the SI tactics forum.