Alici

Reaction score
How long does it take for a player to adapt into a new position?

It depends on the player, and their hidden versatility attribute.

their age also has an effect young player tend to learn new positions faster & playing them in teh position also helps.

I wouldn't train players younger than 23/24 in new positions as they loose valuable training time. Wait until they are at least 23 before training a player in a new position IMO.

It totally depend on the player's versatility attribute as Tharros said.
You can also say that the age is important, as younger players tend to learn faster because of their potential abilities. But as I said before, it depends or their versatiliy, which is an attribute, that unfortunately we're not able to see :/ .
In order to make it faster, it would help a lot if you make the player play in that position, and it's pretty logical, because, how can a player learn to play in a position when he never does in an actual game?
Also it's true what tharros said, if you make a player with high potential ability, and that has not yet reached it's full potential to learn a new position, it's most likely that you're losing time. But if the player has a high versatility, he's young, and has good PA. Then train him in that position, it shouldn't take more than a season for him to get used to that position.

Also, if a player has high versatility it's most likely that the position you're training him for will turn into "Natural" instead of "Accomplished" when he learns it.

I hope it helped :)

I think there should be an attribute stat "ability to learn" or "football intelligence" to give a rough guidance on the players ability to improve, with the right coaching of course.

I have never seen a player become a 'Natural' in a new position. Can someone confirm that it is possible. I have a regen who i am coaching to play RB (origianly CB), it has been around 8 months and he is accomplished. Shall i wait until it turns Natural if it is possible?

Thanks in advance....

I think there should be an attribute stat "ability to learn" or "football intelligence" to give a rough guidance on the players ability to improve, with the right coaching of course.

There is, it's called versitility but it's a hidden stat. You can get a rough idea of it though if you look how many positions the player can currently play. A player like Hargreaves who can play a lot of positions is more likely to adapt to a new one.

I have never seen a player become a 'Natural' in a new position. Can someone confirm that it is possible. I have a regen who i am coaching to play RB (origianly CB), it has been around 8 months and he is accomplished. Shall i wait until it turns Natural if it is possible?

Thanks in advance....

If you train them into a different position they are already accomplished at, they can become natural in that position, well that was the case in FM10 i haven't actually re-trained someone in 11 yet :)

Thanks in advance....

yes it is 100% possible to retrain someone to "natural. I've retrained a regen WBL to a Striker and he is world class

yes it is 100% possible to retrain someone to "natural. I've retrained a regen WBL to a Striker and he is world class

That is insane man! I suppose he is u20 and has very good stats for being striker. Yeah it happens to me too. I have CB wonderkid regen how has 19 passing, 16 touch, 19 technic. I train him to becom DM and he is now acomplish after playing in this position about 15 matches.
I suppose we need no more than half season to train new position and become natural if we play him often

It took about a year and a half. He had all the stats to be a striker so it made sense to retrain him as he was average as a wingback.

Just give him as many games as possible in the position you want to retrain him to.