Training players in a different position

hugsy

Reaction score
Hello, i was wondering if theres any downside when i train a player in a new position? In my case, i wanna train a winger to be a striker, will this affect hes ca? or something like that?

Thank you

while he gets used to playing as a striker he'll perform to a bit lower standard than he does at the moment but when he's comfortable up front he should pick up again

His PA might suffer depending on his Versitility stats. If it takes him ages to retrain, that's time lost that could have been dedicated to stats training.

His PA might suffer depending on his Versitility stats. If it takes him ages to retrain, that's time lost that could have been dedicated to stats training.

PA is fixed and can't change, but it will use up some of his CA meaning he won't be able to train his attributes as high.

PA is fixed and can't change, but it will use up some of his CA meaning he won't be able to train his attributes as high.

Is that true? Training different positions will use hes CA? Can somebody confirm that?

Oh, and how come i can train new positions in players that have already reached hes CA?

Last edited:
Retrained alot of players both talents and experienced players but none have ever changed pa/ca because of it. Maybe it happen if the player is worinking on a spesific position for to long and not focusing on training. As long as the player is still focusing on training aswell you should be fine :p

In my opinion, it depends on the players stats and whether he's suitable for the position. On my save I switched from a tactic playing a flat back for to 3 CB's and 4 in midfield, with two wingers. I had Santon and Clyne as my two starting Full Backs and retrained them to ML and MR respectively and they both preformed fantastically, Santon (7.56 for the season) and Clyne (7.45). So in short, it can work very well!