Broyston

Reaction score
I have decided to try to develop my youth players in my Liverpool save rather than just buy Hazard, Lukaku, Costa etc, players like Kelly, Robinson, Suso etc. To this end (after downloading a few of the training schedules from here to look at them and reading all the guides I could find) I made custom schedules for the young players, to work mainly on their weaknesses to optimise them for their positions, only.....it isn't exactly working as well as I hoped.
Take Jason Banton (winger) for example, he has very high physcial attributes to start with (high pace, accelaration, stamina) but rubbish stats vital for a winger (passing, crossing, creativity, decisions etc). So I made him a schedule where the aerobic and strength were in the low-medium range, so I could set attacking and tactics to intensive. After nearly 2 years, not a single attacking stat has improved, but other random ones, associated with say shooting or defending have. This has led me to be slightly confused! My coaches are all at least 4.5 stars in every category, and facilities are good. Any thoughts?

The way i see it, you are leaving out the most important information. Has he been playing first team football?

Last edited:
tutor him?

Tutoring only helps with:
Determination
PPM's
Personality
So, tutoring won't do any good with his technical stats.
You should increase attacking, tactical and technical ( ball control) to intense. Defending on minimum. Also you should give him individual training and first team expirience.

General improvement isn't the problem. I am trying to give the kids as much 1st team football as possible (without getting battered every game of course!), it is usually the last 20 mins of a game if I am winning already. They are improving, a lot in fact, as you can tell by the description on the player report where by it says something like "current ability a decent blue square premier player", most are now championship standard by the end of my 2nd season. Their attributes are increasing, my issue is it isn't necessarily the ones that I am trying to train. If I have Attacking set to intensive and defending on low, you would think I would see far more increases in passing and crossing than tackling and marking, but the attributes tend to just increase evenly across the board. The slider positions don't seem to make much difference as to what increases is my point I guess.