Help

Reaction score
Just got FM14 and started new save. Was wondering, as i checked coaches scheduled. There are 9 categories for training. I've started with 10 coaches, so that means that there are more coaches than categories. As far as the stars show, there is never any benefit to having more than one coach on one particular category. Two coaches on 3star for a particular category is no better than having one coach on 3star for a particular category, according to the overall star level. So that means to say there is NEVER any point in having over 9 coaches at any time. (When just considering the senior team) Am I missing something or is that right? That would mean in FM's opinion, starting my current team's training the way it has is pointless, and a slight waste of staff wages.

On FM13 I always just had the 9 staff for each team, Senior and Youth. But starting this new save on FM14, with more staff than needed, I thought about the contradiction of having more staff than training categories and it's inability to improve training. This is small issue that they should change in future versions of the game, if i'm seeing things straight.

According to the makers of FM, 9 coaches and 9 coaches only is the way you get maximum benefit from your training. Anymore is just a waste of time? This is a bit unrealistic to have a certain set number like that. And means that any team on FM with over 9 coaches (most of the big teams I assume) FM disagrees with their coaching methods, and you may as well let a few go at the start of the game.

I'm not too bothered, was just a thought. The way it is means the coaching training is very simple.

Nobody knows whether there is any point in having excess staff?

There are currently 5 staff members that I may as well lay off if there is no point. That means FM thinks that United should tactically lay off 5 staff because they're of no use. Right?

Goalkeeping and fitness coaches for senior squad can also be used by reserves and youth squad.