Training Tactics - Train 1x tactic, or 3x tactics?

SlyAnimal

Reaction score
In FM2014 you can train upto 3x tactics at the same time.

If I train just 1x tactic, e.g. 4-4-2, faster than if I train 2 or 3 tactics at the same time (e.g. 4-4-2, 3-4-3, 4-1-4-1)

Or do they all train at the same speed, regardless of how many you're training at once?

If I want to use more than 3x tactics later on, if I remove a tactic, and then add it again later, will I have to retrain it from scratch? or will it be close to what it was when I initially removed it?

And if I train a tactic which is similar to one my players are already familiar with, will they learn it faster? (or have it start at a higher level)

e.g. If I start training 4-1-4-1 when they already know 4-4-2

Likewise, if I change the specific roles within a formation, e.g. change a player from support to attacking, or similar. Do I need to train a new formation? I assume not, but thought I should ask.

Also if I want to make a modification to my team's setup, e.g. I have 4-4-2 setup, and want to have the option of changing to 4-1-4-1 during a game. If I don't specifically train 4-1-4-1, and just move players to those positions during the game, will they then play terribly? Or, as it's similar to 4-4-2, will they still play well?

As in general, I want to know if I should be focusing on 1x tactic and slight variations of it which I'm planning of using in each game. Or should I have 3x completely different tactics setup/trained, and then modify the players/formations during a game, so that they're playing in slightly different positions to what they've trained for.

Edit: Oh and as an aside, sorry if some of this stuff is common knowledge from FM2013, I haven't played since CM98 I think (And only briefly then).

Last edited:
Oh and any ideas you have regarding any of the above would be appreciated. As I'm a bit of a noob when it comes to Football Manager, as I haven't played the previous versions at all (And didn't even play football when I was younger lol).

So even if you don't know for sure, or can only answer one of my questions, I'd appreciate any insights you have :)

Cheers :)

And as something else, just kinda random.

Is it usually better for right footed players, to take penalties/free kicks from the left or the right? (And I assume vice versa for left footed players). Or is it much of a muchness, soto speak.

As a quick update, (As with 165 views but no answers, I assume most of you don't know the answer to my questions).

I took the tutorials, and found that yes, if you set 1x tactic, you will learn it faster, than if you set 3x tactics. (I assume learning just 1 tactic, will increase that tactic at 3x the speed that you'd it if you had 3 tactics set, but the tutorial only implied this).