Training Youth Team and B Team in Spain

Danny McLean

Reaction score
I was wondering if I could pick anyones brains about something I can't seem to make any headway in.
On my FM10 game I've started a season with Barcelona but when I came to sorting out training and coaching everything went fine for the first team I brought in my own schedules and gave my staff coaching assignments, but when I designed the youth and B team schedules when I looked to add the youth and B team players to those schedules it wouldn't let me my youth/B players only seem to be able to use first team schedules. This would be fine as I would just create schedules for my youth/B players alongside the first team schedules but then that means my youth coaches are more or less out of job... any ideas?

well the b team technically operates as a seperate club with its own manager, so you shouldnt be able to do thier training as far as i know. only send players from your squad there and call up players from the b squad to first team.

as for youth team, you should be able to design youth schedules for them, so im not sure wahts going on...

Thought as much regarding the B team I don't really mind anyway all there players are **** but whats up with my youth players :S

Are you sure your youth players have youth contracts?

Players on Youth Contracts CAN NOT train with first team, they can only train on youth schedules.

---------- Post added at 07:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:07 PM ----------

use tugs training

that doesn't fix anything....did you even read the thread?

btw tugs is overrated this year, my own schedules were 2x more effective.

u have only just realised

Contrary to being sarcastic you should take a leaf out of that guys book and actually try answering the question... turns out he's right none of my youth players are on youth contracts :| what's up with that :S

well full time contracts does mean they train full time with the frst team, rather than part time as youth players maybe offer your youth coaches, normal coach jobs to take advantasge of their ability to work with youngsters

Contrary to being sarcastic you should take a leaf out of that guys book and actually try answering the question... turns out he's right none of my youth players are on youth contracts :| what's up with that :S

Did you start your game as Barca? Or joined them at a later date?

well full time contracts does mean they train full time with the frst team, rather than part time as youth players maybe offer your youth coaches, normal coach jobs to take advantasge of their ability to work with youngsters

Done... cheers guys :D

---------- Post added at 08:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:14 PM ----------

Did you start your game as Barca? Or joined them at a later date?

Started as Barca

Just wondering how you got on with training since.

Should i recreate a youth training program specially for the kids even though they are on full time professional contracts or leave them on the same program as i have the senior squad on?