MetroiD

Reaction score
I was wondering where I should put this thread, but I guess it has more common ground with "tactics" than "players"...

Anyway, what are your impressions so far concerning the training setup? I have decided to keep training on the brink of being "Heavy" for my first team and just a tad bit "Heavy" for the U-18s. I'm not sure it's the optimal solution tho, since quite a few of my players are not getting enough stamina & agility training, which leads to a slight deterioration of those skills...

Any tips or observations?

I havn't looked at Training yet on this version. But on 08 i tended to just give my players a medium work load but just concentrate on the key areas for their position as it would improve the most important stats.

I've noticed when I started for Real Madrid, I had 6-7 spaces for coaches which was good. Saves me waiting 1 or 2 seasons to get rid of the coaches I don't want like in 08.

I went for a heavy schedule from July to October but so many of my players were getting injured and was only seeing an improvement in my very young players. So now I have two schedules. Heavy for youngsters and medium for my first teamers. Seems to work quite well. Both schedules going heavy for attack as Real Madrid seem to be very good in that area.

As for coaches, not many coaches have high stats across the board like in 08, you'll find some coaches with a 20 in 1 area but poor in others. Decided to get the maximum of 17 coaches and have 1 assignment each. Look for a coach with 1 decent stat (e.g 19-20 in attack). If your low league, choose a coach who is either good all around or really good in 2-3 abilities I'd say.

ive just found out that tugs training regimes are compatable with 09 so i think i'll be using them and see if they're still as good as they were last year.

yep after a couple of months the majority of my fulltime staff have increased their stats and the youth players are coming on leaps and bounds, now all i need to do is modify them for part-time players and im away, the joys of lower league management.

Last edited:
a coach from legia dowhan specific in goalkeepers hes world class wont *** no lower than championship but he makes a right diff to training if you click on coachs and then auto assign

checked out that goalkeeper coach at legia you were sayin about, thats a great find, was finding it hard to get good coaches at leeds due to lack of funds, quite realistic eh!!!:$

Just place some job adverts, the easiest way to find interested coaches.

Tug's has been good from me as derby so far however youngsters don't produce as quickly as on FM08 might have to change this then, but first can other people tell me how your youngsters are getting on with TUGS training

I just checked out Tugs training setups and apparently they're 80% the same as the ones I've developed myself... Which goes to show that training is all based on common sense and there are hardly any special things you'd want to consider, especially if you've had success with setting up your own training regimes in the last versions of FM.

Btw, I don't ever keep coaches that are useless. As a matter of fact, I offered mutual termination to 95% of the backroom staff in my Chelsea game and ALL of them were shown the door when I started with AFC Telford.

The only REAL problem I am facing with training is that it's hardly any good unless you have 5+ coaches... :(

I tend to stick my players all on a heavy schedule for pre-season and then change it to medium come the start of the season when all the players are fit and ready.

In terms of training schedules I have 5 seperate training areas based on positions. GK, Def, Mid, Attk Mid, Fowards and each schedule focuses on attributes of players in those positions. Works well for me.

go to the jobs section under your name, when on the jobs page a place advert option will be avalible in the bottom left corner, advertise to your hearts content

ta very much, shall hopfli get a gd coaching team now, all the bigger clubs keep pinching mine! :(

blaineboy, that's a good approach and that's generally what I do myself... During pre-season I set all players to the same Fitness training regime - heavy training with a focus on... you guessed it, fitness. After that, everyone gets their respective regime - GK, WB, DC, W, AMC, DMC, ST.

Talking about training - does anyone have any ideas as to how you can persuade your board that you need more coaches (apart from winning the league and promoting, that is)?