JohnLocke

Reaction score
View attachment 756544

Why Tranmere?

Tranmere are a team that I've always liked, they are not the team I support but since I was a kid watching their cup runs I have looked out for their results. It has been a shame watching them in free fall for the past 10 years and I'd like to rise to the challenge on FM of restoring them to the top divisions.

What Tactic?

I have my own tactic that I created on a Liverpool save and it worked brilliantly for me, I won the league twice as well as making a Champions League Final and a Champions League Semi Final the following season (both times only beaten by Barcelona and Real Madrid). It's not a perfect tactic and I would lose a few games per season, so it is not guaranteed to work in the lower divisions and that's something I'm looking forward to.. I find myself getting bored of the game if I win constantly and by a big margin, I like having to work to improve constantly.

Coaching Badges

I just ticked the "Suggest based on Tranmere job" for this and got a Continental B License, so hopefully that is something I can improve on as we (fingers crossed) move up the divisions.​

Squad

I'm quite happy with the squad overall, it's quite big and some of the players are more than good enough to guide us to promotion. I'm playing with LFCMarshall's update so thankfully I have Rory Donnelly on loan from Swansea, who my assistant regards as a Leading League 1 Player, so if he can live up to that he should be banging them in for me in League 2. A lot of my other players are out of contract at the end of the season so I will need to work on extending those deals throughout the season.

FJBfgyd.jpg

Season Objectives

My own personal aims are quite similar to the board this year. They want me to make the play offs in the League, they want a second round placing in the FA Cup (I'd personally like to make the third round), and they don't expect to progress past the first round in the League Cup (again, I'd like to go one further and make the second round). Neither of us deem the Johnstone's Paint Trophy as important, but at the same time a trophy is a trophy so I likely will try to go as far as possible in it.

Transfers

My first signing is one that I'm surprised about, Ivan Klasnic. Now 34 he has been without a club for over a season now, but it was only just over 2 years ago that he was scoring goals in the Premier League for Bolton so I am hoping that if I can get his match fitness up that he will be able to help Donnelly fire me into League 1. My second and likely final signing is another with Premier League experience, Justin Hoyte. I needed a back up/rotation option for Danny Holmes at right back and Hoyte was available for loan.

Pre Season

Not bad overall, the biggest positive is that Donnelly managed to score 6 goals thorughout the games. Hopefully the squad are getting used to the tactics now and will be ready for the season.

TLaRx00.jpg