mshaw2

Reaction score
Anyone got a list of the best teams transfer budgets and what they are? I've looked at a few - Chelsea, Barca, Monaco but they seem to be quite low. Who's got the highest?

The "problem" with start of the game budgets is that the clubs have already spent a lot of money In Real Life, so that will impact on the amount that you get at the start of the game.

If you really want more (I don't see why you would want to ruin the game like that, but it's your game) you can always use the editor.

I believe Shahktar and Zenit have the highest transfer budgets in the game, in the 50m pounds range. But their reputation isn't very good so you'll have to pay insane wages for the players.

That's ****. You can't even buy a decent player for ?50m at the start of the game.

Unless I'm doing something wrong.

In my 5 transfer windows combined I've earned 125m. The first transfer window I had a net transfer spend of 22m, signing players like Will Hughes, Verratti, ter Stegen, De Sciglio, Shaw, Zivkovic, Vela, Fierro, Gaitan and Damiao. So yes, if you can't buy a decent player for 50m, you're doing something very wrong.

By decent, I mean actually a great player. Not just someone that's good and got a lot of potential. I notice there is no Aguero, Tevez, Van Persie, Rooney, Yaya Toure, etc etc etc in your list.

By decent, I mean actually a great player. Not just someone that's good and got a lot of potential. I notice there is no Aguero, Tevez, Van Persie, Rooney, Yaya Toure, etc etc etc in your list.

To be honest, I wouldn't want to sign any of those with the exception of Aguero. They're aging and on very high wages with basically no resell value. The players I mentioned are far better signings.

To be honest, I wouldn't want to sign any of those with the exception of Aguero. They're aging and on very high wages with basically no resell value. The players I mentioned are far better signings.

That's your prerogative. If I want to buy a world class player at the start of the game, I haven't found a way to buy one yet.

You'll need to sell before you can buy. This edition introduces FFP into the game, so clubs will be more frugal, even the oil-rich ones. Try playing sugar daddy clubs if you want world class players at the start. You can "interact with board" to purchase 1 mega signing, although it might not always work.

Cheers and have fun!

That's your prerogative. If I want to buy a world class player at the start of the game, I haven't found a way to buy one yet.

To be fair I think that's at least 90% of FM players' prerogative. In any case, trying to get an established world class player to join your team is nowhere near you initial claim of "You can't even buy a decent player for 50m". It's apples and potato chips as far as I'm concerned.