MikeGB95

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new to FM and just finished my first season with Stevenage (5th). I'm hoping to renew the contracts of the existing players and build upon that and sign some players.

My issue is, it's June 10th (20 days before my contracts run out) and I have received no notification by the boardroom of my transfer budget being increased. So I'm in a situation where I have no excess in wages and can't give the players the improved contracts they desire. I tried asking the boardroom for an increased budget but the chat doesn't allow me to discuss that.

Is this natural? Do Stevenage not get a transfer budget after the first season in the second summer and is there a way to get around this? Otherwise how am I supposed to improve the squad with no wages?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Did your club make a net profit this season?

Basically, how it works is, every new season (in England) begins on June 25th. On that day, you will be able to see a new transfer budget/wage budget. Unfortunately, that leaves you with only 5 days before most contracts run out.

You just have to wait it out. When you eventually earn promotion one season, be careful with giving players "% wage increase on promotion" clauses before the season resets, as you will most likely be giving them a raise in addition to an automatic raise from the clause.

If someone receives an offer from another club, and you really want to keep him, then you just have to go ahead and try to sign him.

The new season expectations are announced world-wide on 1st July (25th June for England) So you only need to wait 5 more days and the board will tell you the new season expectations, your objective options alongside your new budget. Also if you didn't receive a new contract, you can go to board room and request a new one. Keep in mind that they will offer you a year-to-year contract so try and get a contract that will last more than a year so you don't have to repeat the procces every season.

Thanks for the info guys, I didn't want to resume my game just in case I was unable to offer my best players new contracts. I also got a flexible budget which allowed me to improve the depth of the squad. Bought lots of young'ers who were classed as 3* good by the scout with 5* potential. Dean, Flanagan and Rooney were all free and under 1k wage. I also singed Younghusband (lol) who was 23 and had good stats despite a poor season for Shrewsbury last year. I also got Ellford-Alliyu on loan from West Brom for just his wages somehow and he's an absolute beast. Initially, I didn't think he was going to be very good but he's scored 2 goals in 4 league games all as a late substitute. Thanks again guys!

I've been playing with stevanage for over 10 seasons now but you won't get much help from the board with regard to transfer budgets and ages :( keep an eye on the list of youth players released from the prem clubs. I managed to get Kyle Ebecillo, Brice Ntambwe, Benjamin Siegriest, Kevin Long, Nathan Eccleston (probably not worth it though). All of them, bar Eccleston, have stayed with me and i'm currently in the premiership. Kevin Long is a definate, bit slow acceleration wise but mental and defensive stats are excellent.