Mesmetron

Reaction score
It's the 29th of January, 2012 in my file. I just won the League and Europa double with Spurs last season and along with that, sold numerous players (notable ones being Tom Huddlestone > Sunderland(£16m), Giovani Dos Santos > ManU(£18m) and Lennon to Anzhi (£17.5m).

Pretty sure I had £95m to spend at one point, so naturally, I went crazy spending. This is my squad now:
http://img594.imageshack.us/img594/5530/team02.png

Along with that, I have van Nistelrooy coming in on a 3 month loan, which completes the 25 man squad. Problem now is, I think I have too many CBs (probably shouldn't have bought Vertongen, but couldn't resist), and I think the game badly wants me to buy Leighton Baines, because I only have Assou-Ekkoto and Bale there. So who should I sell to make room for him between Cahill (for £18m), Dawson (for £15m), Kaboul (£13m) and Corluka (£11m)?

Last edited:
I have never managed any of these guys before, but my sugeestion would be to sell Kaboul or Corluka.

I would sell King or Kaboul! I acually started a Tottenham save last night :) last one before the new Fm!

I nearly got Everton to swap Baines for Crouch straight up but Crouchie rejected them (*******)

City always seem to be interested in King and you can get a good £12m for him to especially as he should be coming up to the 31yr old mark, Kaboul is a versatile player and can cover for Rb

Van Nistelrooy is a bit of a waste to be honest :) Defoe is a beast, should never have let him go, I have only bought Vagner Love for £9.5m, Renan for £1.6m and looking at a new Lb as I dont particularly like Ekotto!

I would sell King or Kaboul! I acually started a Tottenham save last night :) last one before the new Fm!

I nearly got Everton to swap Baines for Crouch straight up but Crouchie rejected them (*******)

City always seem to be interested in King and you can get a good £12m for him to especially as he should be coming up to the 31yr old mark, Kaboul is a versatile player and can cover for Rb

Van Nistelrooy is a bit of a waste to be honest :) Defoe is a beast, should never have let him go, I have only bought Vagner Love for £9.5m, Renan for £1.6m and looking at a new Lb as I dont particularly like Ekotto!

Yeah, normally I would sell King but I'm not sure if City will buy him anymore (every other player with the 'wnt' tag is because of City). I'll probably sell Kaboul though as I know a lot of mid-table clubs will take him and he's often on International Duty with Morroco (Something SI got wrong, he's the first choice CB for France)

As for Defoe, as you can see, I already bought Rossi and have Damiao playing very well in my game. I even had to send Tomas Necid on loan to Hoffenheim for first-team. van Nistelrooy is just a 3 month loan as insurance, got him with fairly low wages as well. Funnily enough, the ones who loaned him to me are the ones who bought Defoe, Malaga.

I've managed Spurs a few times. I've hardly ever played King (even though I love him), so you could get rid of him. I struggled to get decent form out of Kaboul, but that might just be me. I think I've heard others say Kaboul is one of the better Spurs defenders. Definitely keep Corluka. He's always been solid for me. He also makes a very good CB, and has done well as a defensive midfielder when needed. Bassong was also very good for me. I won the league 6 times in 9 years, and won the champions league sticking to this defence.

Well my last game was a Tottenham and it was pretty successful, in order of who I would sell first:

Corluka
King
Kaboul
Dawson
Cahill

To be honest none of them are very good (Apart from Cahill). On my game I sold the top four listed and replaced them with Phil Jones, Vincent Kompany & John Heitinga, they are much, much better than Corluka, King & Kaboul. I sold Dawson cus I was offered 15m and was in some bad debt but didn't miss him at all.

Also Caulker has very good potential, you should have him in your first team!

Get rid of Corluka and King I'd say depending on who you've got covering right back?

I managing em one everything with me one tip make bale start at LB or ML, hes ur best player!! Defoe as poacher:)

also the first time I have EVER bought Kadlec, Snjra, Jones and Douglas Costa in any Fm's :)