Transfer embargo for 5 months??

Tonas579

Reaction score
What the ****, im starting to get annoyed. Is this a glitch?? Basically what has happened in my second season for Newcastle the owner is in talks with a tycoon.... great! However the transfer embargo lasted the whole of the transfer period so i couldnt sign anyone and its carrying on into october now... is it broke?

wow that seems harsh! never had one but liverpool are going through a takeover on mine at moo.its just started so i`ll keep an eye out if it ends soon i`ll let u know!

They normally end in weeks for me, longest one was about a month and a half but not this long, its 6 months now! I just wanna sign some players :'( lol

same i have had mine but thankfully never in the transfer window but it wouldnt even let me list someone

How much do you normaly get to spend on transfers if you get taken over?

i got taken over in the BSP and the new chairman put 80k into the club, 20k of that going as transfers, and the ******* wanted to sack me and bring in his own man. the fans rallied round because i'd won promotion, so i got to give him the middle finger salute.

I haven't actually ever witnessed a tycoon takeover so far in my game and I'm well into 2012. Hopefully someone will invest in a small team called Everton :p

A takeover once ruined my Leeds game.

Was a couple of versions back and the takeover kept being on verge of collapse, then looking to be on again, the verge of collapse and so on.

The takeover took over 2 years. Subsequesntly I couldn't sign anyone or renew contracts for all that time, and therefore my squad got picked off by other clubs.

Very annoying.

I've had takeovers ruin my team aswell, Derek Llambias, a man who in real life had a personal fortune of like 2 millions, bought Newcastle. How ridiculous can you get, obviously the clubs finances failed lol.

8 Months in now and the embargo is still on with nothing mentioned :|

YAY! After 9 months the plug was pulled on the takeover and the transfer embargo is over, thank god! Roll on January transfers!

Last edited: