Solratti

Reaction score
My search on this subject returned no results so i thought i should share my experience.

I had my key defender requesting to be transfer listed as he "needed a new challenge". His value was 22.5mil at the time and he had 2 full years of contract left.
I offered him to clubs for 50mil but no one bid more that 46mil. Since he was my key defender he played 48 games. I tried praising him, linked him with a U19 to tutor but he wouldn't reconsider.
Finaly, after the season ended and he now had only one year left on his contract i decided to offer him to clubs again. This time though i checked the "transfer list and set player to not needed". Imidiately after the proposal and before i get any replies he said he now wanted to stay and also signed a new 4 year contract with the same clauses as the one he was on.

On my next season another of my players said he "had accomplished all he could with the club" and he too wanted a new challenge. I left him a week on the transfer list by his request before setting his status to not needed and offering him to clubs. He too reconsidered immediately and signed a new contract.

A side note: I'm running Villareal on season 2024 having been crowned Liga BBVA champion 5 times another 3 Champion's League wins and several Spanish cups, Club World Championships and super cups. I do not know whether the transfer list by request issue i had is a bug but it seems to work if you put the player to "not needed". I shared this with a fellow manager and he too reported it to be successful even on lower league side he is managing.

Never heard this before but will be sure to give it a try with Gourcuff when he wants to **** off.

I tell them I will sell them at the end of the season then I never do. I LIE

It's a very annoying part of the game, I finished 2nd with Tottenham first season. My entire squad was linked with moves away and all of them decided it was best to leave.

It was teams like Bayern,Juve and Valencia that were coming in for them too. Fair enough the big power house clubs.

Then you try to sell the guy that wants away and can't get shot of him but Joe Bloggs who played 4 games all season is moving for 6m and you wonder 'how the **** can i get 6m for him and not a penny for my star player'