Hughsie

Reaction score
How do I tell a player I am transfer listing him? Also, does anyone have any tips for selling players at their full value? I never seem able to get more than half what they are worth. :-/

You have to play them often and make sure they're playing well if you want to get at least their value. Who is going to want a player who never plays or if they do they're playing poorly?
As for telling a player you're transfer listing them, there always used to be an option of previous FMs but on this one you need them to threaten to leave and then say you have no option but to sell them. You can also warn them in the player chat section.
Happy selling :)

You have to play them often and make sure they're playing well if you want to get at least their value. Who is going to want a player who never plays or if they do they're playing poorly?
As for telling a player you're transfer listing them, there always used to be an option of previous FMs but on this one you need them to threaten to leave and then say you have no option but to sell them. You can also warn them in the player chat section.
Happy selling :)

Thanks for the reply. :)

Every time I go to the player chat screen the options to even mention the transfer list are greyed out. I take it there's no way to use them then?

I'm trying to sell in the first transfer window at the start of the game so I don't really have the chance to play them. Is it harder to sell players in that transfer window?

To warn a player about the transfer list there needs to be a genuine reason. E.g poor performances, training level etc. I don't think you can warn them about it unless they deserve it.

Yes, it can be harder to sell in the first window as teams IRL have spent most of their transfer budget, which then affects their budgets in-game. And if their budgets are lower, they're be less likely to buy your players for reasonable prices. By January or next summer, in-game budgets will be improved/re-set.

How's your financial situation?

I have the suspicion (which would be awesome if someone could confirm/debunk it) that the AI plays into your financial situation. If you're strapped for cash, the AI appears less likely to accept your demands.

How's your financial situation?

I have the suspicion (which would be awesome if someone could confirm/debunk it) that the AI plays into your financial situation. If you're strapped for cash, the AI appears less likely to accept your demands.

I'm Man City so I have quite a bit of money. I seems to bet offered somewhere between a half and a fifth of a player's value when I try and sell them, if I get any offers at all.

I'm Man City so I have quite a bit of money. I seems to bet offered somewhere between a half and a fifth of a player's value when I try and sell them, if I get any offers at all.

I guess that disconfirms my theory. I must say, I've only managed to sell one player above value thus far, and about two at market value.

I suspect the AI is unwilling to pay full value for a player that's surplus to requirement at another club.