transfer question

Chocman

Reaction score
The way transfer funds work don't always seem fair. For instance say I transfer out a player for 10 mil up front and then 20 mil in monthly payments. I will only have teh 10 mil put into my transfer budget. However if I attempt to transfer a player in for 10 mil up front and 20 mil in monthly payments I have to have the entire 30 mil avaible right away. Why is this? It doesn't seem right.

For instance say I transfer out a player for 10 mil up front and then 20 mil in monthly payments. I will only have teh 10 mil put into my transfer budget.
You can't spend £20m you don't have yet.

However if I attempt to transfer a player in for 10 mil up front and 20 mil in monthly payments I have to have the entire 30 mil avaible right away. Why is this? It doesn't seem right.
Because you can't spend £20m you don't have.

yeahs it's kind of like real life. Think of transfers on FM reallistically using a debit card, best way to describe, the bank only knows the money you have in it.

The thing is that I'm not spendnig the 20 mil right then, Im only spending the upfront money.

The thing is that I'm not spendnig the 20 mil right then, Im only spending the upfront money.

Yeah but it still counts towards your transfer budget. It won't be removed from your clubs finances but it will act towards money from your budget.

I've never done this, but if you sell a player and you accept a bid with monthly installments, do the monthly installments go straight into your budget as well? Assuming you are in the postion where sale money does hit your budget, not get swallowed up by the club...