Transfer season, the good the bad and the expensive.

Insomnia

Reaction score
So after a very fustrating start to my 2nd season with Tottenham I ask you all, what was your best or worst season, with details on how much you spent and how much you wasted : )

So far it has to be this transfer market, I've only been in it for a small while, but with only £2.2mill to start off with and the majority of my really really good players wanting to leave to Real Madrid and such it's going to be hard to get decent players cheaply. Hulk isn't going for less than £40mill Neymar £30 mill and the majority of my players are being offered for £5mill. :(
Verratti just rejected my contract aswell after only recently signing for his current new club.

Hmm..

I really had a bad 'transfer' season with Newcastle. Bought Mumba, Morimoto, Klose, Rivaldo and Padalino.
They only one who played good was Morimoto, scoring a lot of goals. Klose scored like 4 goals in 25 games and Rivaldo was just getting injured by everything. Padalino was a crappy player, and he cost me like 6 million euros. Muamba was getting one card after another, so frustrating!

Also in my Swansea save, I bought Chad Evans. Well... never going to buy him again ;)

I managed to pick my transfer window up massivly. After realising that half my team wanted to leave I decided to sell the majority of them and try and pick up some decent players after wards. I managed to sell:
Gareth Bale for £7.5 mill
Vedran Corluka for £9 mill
Kyle Walker for £4 mill
Younes Kaboul for £6.5 mill
Jermain Defoe for £5.25 mill
Jamie O'Hara for £2.5 mill
Kyle Naughton for £5.25 mill
Robbie Keane for £5 mill
and Gomes for £2.5 mill

£71 million in one transfer market? SWEET
Akinfeev was my first buy Jonny Evans from Man U was close behind, Alex Neymar and Dzeko were my favorite buys and Kofi Agyei with George Elokobi for back ups :)
£131 million spent >.< frikking rinced the bank, surely going to back fire.

I managed to pick my transfer window up massivly. After realising that half my team wanted to leave I decided to sell the majority of them and try and pick up some decent players after wards. I managed to sell:
Gareth Bale for £7.5 mill
Vedran Corluka for £9 mill
Kyle Walker for £4 mill
Younes Kaboul for £6.5 mill
Jermain Defoe for £5.25 mill
Jamie O'Hara for £2.5 mill
Kyle Naughton for £5.25 mill
Robbie Keane for £5 mill
and Gomes for £2.5 mill

£71 million in one transfer market? SWEET
Akinfeev was my first buy Jonny Evans from Man U was close behind, Alex Neymar and Dzeko were my favorite buys and Kofi Agyei with George Elokobi for back ups :)
£131 million spent >.< frikking rinced the bank, surely going to back fire.

What season are you in, because i cannot understand why you would sell bale for 7.5m, Defoe for 5m :O and Gomes....One of the best goalies on the game for 2.5m oO)

Kléber, I love you!

attachment.php

I didn't want to sell any of them to be honest :(
As I stated in my orignial post they all became unhappy and wanted to leave, with teams like Real Madrid and FC Bayern constantly chatting them up they became disillusioned. I tried offering new contracts before they asked to be transfer listed but it didn't go down well.
And after struggling to sell them even with all the attention I had to settle for a price that was less than what I wanted :(

I didn't want to sell any of them to be honest :(
As I stated in my orignial post they all became unhappy and wanted to leave, with teams like Real Madrid and FC Bayern constantly chatting them up they became disillusioned. I tried offering new contracts before they asked to be transfer listed but it didn't go down well.
And after struggling to sell them even with all the attention I had to settle for a price that was less than what I wanted :(

Lol, I never listen to the players when they want to leave. They're in my **** team and they're going play for it if they like it or not!

Lol, I never listen to the players when they want to leave. They're in my **** team and they're going play for it if they like it or not!
They started to play bad as a result of it :(
Gomes went from being Goalie of the year with an average of 8ish to an average of 6ish, he let in 3 goals and scored one himself in a friendly :(

They started to play bad as a result of it :(
Gomes went from being Goalie of the year with an average of 8ish to an average of 6ish, he let in 3 goals and scored one himself in a friendly :(

Hmm, alright, i understand.

After 3 months most of my players are all happy again.

The same has happened with me as Newcastle when Coloccini got unhappy he started playing like ****!

To be fair I got Akinfeev, so Gomes can go play for FC Bayers reserves for as long as he likes :)