Transfer the FM Editor data to an excel file?

Sigurros

Reaction score
Hello!

I am working on a Belgian database for FM15 and I was wondering something that I did not manage to find out by myself. When you use the FM official Editor, is it possible to pull out the data from the Editor into an excel file? That would crazy help my work!

I mean, for example: look up for everyone with Belgian nationality and transfer all to an excel file?

Thanks in advance

Hello,

Coming back to my own message. Could that be not possible? I mean, there are 5193 records of Belgian people in the Database.
Am I supposed to edit them one by one?
Or could I save the data and export it to EXCEL?

Or any other way to see the data that is more user friendly than the FM Editor? And edit it from there?

I hope my question make sense.

I've used the In-game editor frequently and I must admit I've known no way whatsoever of doing so.

Jesus... this puts in perspective the HUGE amount of work done by editors/database workers IF it is not possible to edit the DB by using something more user/friendly.

Thanks for the answer Mike..

I've actually inquired at SI Games about this. I never had a reply.
I imagined it would ease any database editing SO incredibly much, I decided not to edit, nor play, the game anymore until this can be done!
Also, what I would like to see now we are at it, is to have the advanced editor options available. So we could for instance create a decent CAF-5 year ranking to name something...
But the excel editing would be a major priority in my opinion.

Maybe some smart-*** dude with programming skills will stand up someday and create an alternative excel-based editor with the advanced editor options available :D

Until SI Games actually starts improving the editing possibilities, I keep my hopes on that one...

Last edited:
I obviously completely agree with you Juan. But that said,I believe the reason they don't add Excel in their editor is pretty simple: they don't want their database to be too easy to steal or something like that. I wouldn't see any other reason.
It's a pity yes. But I don't think its ever going to change.

you can mass edit on FMRTE if i remember right,

I'm pretty sure some or at least one previous version allowed you to do this. So there must be a reason why it has been taken out

It is my dream to make a database one day with all possible leagues in it. Not with accurate rosters of course, that would be insane. But at least as realistic as possible without having a personal scouting staff at my hand ;)
Also NCAA, U-League, such college soccer stuff would be rather interesting and fun competitions to manage in my opinion, but I'm not even in **** going to create all those conferences if I can not edit it with something like Excel. Plus I would want to have a working NCAA soccer RPI (Rating Percentage Index) system to determine the bids for the NCAA Championship. I don't know if such a thing is currently possible in the FM editor. Last edition I used was from FM12.

FMRTE is a payed third party editor, right? Might be interesting... What are the possibilities of that one? Do you have any experience with it wkdsoul?

It is my dream to make a database one day with all possible leagues in it. Not with accurate rosters of course, that would be insane. But at least as realistic as possible without having a personal scouting staff at my hand ;)
Also NCAA, U-League, such college soccer stuff would be rather interesting and fun competitions to manage in my opinion, but I'm not even in **** going to create all those conferences if I can not edit it with something like Excel. Plus I would want to have a working NCAA soccer RPI (Rating Percentage Index) system to determine the bids for the NCAA Championship. I don't know if such a thing is currently possible in the FM editor. Last edition I used was from FM12.

FMRTE is a payed third party editor, right? Might be interesting... What are the possibilities of that one? Do you have any experience with it wkdsoul?

Its a decent enough editor, go have a look at the site. You can ask on the forum for advice on the thing oyu will be looking for ,they are pretty helpful.

I looked their website as well. Please keep me in touch Juan! Thanks/Gracias ;)

Thank you wkdsoul for your kind reply.

To keep Sigurros updated:
I don't think I will go back into editing. Even if fmrte is useful to editing. There is too much else I want to achieve and is going on in my personal life at the moment to start spending all those hours again :(

what are you wanting to do

as you can mass edit to an extent now with editor