Transfers too expensive and clubs want ridiculous fees.

Scouting

Reaction score
Hi,

This isn't intended as a rant but just explaining my issue hoping you can give me some advice.

Sure this to a point could be a reflection of football in general in real life. I have personally found on FM 16 that decent calibre transfers (relative to club) can be difficult to complete because clubs demand ridiculous fees. I don't find transfers on the game easy at all and this quite often results in panic buys.

I find that the transfer budgets are too small and the transfer fees demanded are too high. I find that budgets can be absorbed quickly on average players but the fees involved are ridiculous.

- Players in lower leagues such as League 1 costing multiple millions but the transfer budget of a club like Liverpool being £18million.

- Players with values around 100k but clubs demanding up to 10million.

- Players going for double the values they would actually go for or do go for in real life.

- Seems very difficult to wheel and deal. Prices seem over inflated by a ridiculous amount and transfer budgets are out of synchronisation with the transfer demands.

- Players that would go for 8-15mil but 25-50m is demanded. Again, prices are relative to clubs stature.

Thanks for any help or whether you have any issues.

Agree with you, club with smaller stature tend to give cheaper price, mostly clubs outside europe, young player with 4/5 black stars can be expensive as ****

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

Hi,

This isn't intended as a rant but just explaining my issue hoping you can give me some advice.

Sure this to a point could be a reflection of football in general in real life. I have personally found on FM 16 that decent calibre transfers (relative to club) can be difficult to complete because clubs demand ridiculous fees. I don't find transfers on the game easy at all and this quite often results in panic buys.
Clubs IRL put a lot of effort into finding realistic targets and then negotiating a fee that both clubs are happy with. Are you putting effort into finding decent targets? Do you use scouts? They already give you an estimated asking price, so you can quickly see how much the player is likely to cost.

I find that the transfer budgets are too small and the transfer fees demanded are too high. I find that budgets can be absorbed quickly on average players but the fees involved are ridiculous.
It's far too easy in FM to make money, compared to real life, so budgets being too small cannot be true. Also keep in mind that very few clubs IRL pay huge fees up front - because they also simply don't have the budgets.

- Players in lower leagues such as League 1 costing multiple millions but the transfer budget of a club like Liverpool being £18million.
Again, did you use your scouts to determine this? If you're Liverpool, it should be easy to buy from the lower leagues. If you can't find a realistic target, you can play the long game and unsettle him.

- Players with values around 100k but clubs demanding up to 10million.
Young players? Makes sense then, because clubs don't want to sell their highly rated youngsters for peanuts. If the player is happy and they don't need the money, there's no reason to sell.

Again, have you used scouts to determine the fee?

- Players going for double the values they would actually go for or do go for in real life.

Some players go for less, others for more. FM can't predict exactly what's going to happen in the future.

- Seems very difficult to wheel and deal. Prices seem over inflated by a ridiculous amount and transfer budgets are out of synchronisation with the transfer demands.
You need to accept that you can negotiate, but at some point you need to decide if you're happy paying that. If not, find another target.

- Players that would go for 8-15mil but 25-50m is demanded. Again, prices are relative to clubs stature.
"Demanded" often is a way of telling you they don't want to sell. You can go far with simple negotiation. Have you? Again, if a specific target is not available or will cost too much, you need to find someone else to buy. That's just how things are.

Players with less time to go on their contracts will be cheaper.

Speculate about players in the media to unsettle them and the price may drop.

For young players, loaning them back for the season can reduce the price hugely.

Using clauses lets you speculate better - if the player is a dud then you spent less.

And as the previous poster said, scout lots!

when buying players use "Monthly Instalments" to pay and that will greatly "increase" your transfer budget :)

I also always use "Monthly Instalments" when buy players and it allows me to greatly improve my team even with a small transfer budget